Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2011   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans in the NFL Top 100

The draft is now over and I wanted to change the theme of the threads. I was watching NFLN and saw that they're counting down the top 100 players of 2011

I was just curious to see how many Texans are going to be in on that and who yall think should be in it.

These are my picks and where they should be in the list:

Andre Johnson (#1-15)
Matt Schaub (#80-90)
Arian Foster (#80-90)
Vonta Leach (#70-80)
Mario Williams (#40-50)
Demeco Ryans (#60-70)

That's just my fantasy right there and there will probably be just 2 maybe 3 Texans on that list. It's confirmed that there is 1 FB in the entire top 100. My guess is that its Leach
Old 05-01-2011   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans in the NFL Top 100

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I pretty much agree with your list... a few adjustments.

- I think AJ will be top 10.
- I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I pretty much agree with your list... a few adjustments.

- I think AJ will be top 10.
- I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.
I'm guessing given his abbreviated 2010 season - and the injury that caused it - DeMeco won't be on there either. Agree on Vonta, and AJ too.
Old 05-02-2011   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This list is created by the players themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cush find his way in there somewhere.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.
Maybe I'm misreading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
It's confirmed that there is 1 FB in the entire top 100. My guess is that its Leach
Something tells me that one won't be Leach.

Honestly, the only Texan that really deserves to be in the top 100 is AJ, but Mario might slide in there.
Old 05-02-2011   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that we'll see AJ, Schaub, Foster & Leach.

That's it. If we're lucky.
Old 05-02-2011   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

There are 12 QBs. If Schaub isn't one of them I will be shocked.

AJ will probably be top 10. Mario will slip in there. Ryans won't make it if Briggs is only in the 91-100 range. There are rookies in the list so I expect Foster to show up at some point.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2011   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Honestly, the only Texan that really deserves to be in the top 100 is AJ, but Mario might slide in there.
So the guy who led the league in rushing, receiving (at his position), and TDs doesn't deserve to be on a top players of 2011 list?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe I'm misreading this:

Something tells me that one won't be Leach.

Leron McClain. He is a little more flashy at the FB position.
Old 05-02-2011   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So the guy who led the league in rushing, receiving (at his position), and TDs doesn't deserve to be on a top players of 2011 list?
Well, none of them deserve to be on a list of top players of 2011, since none of them have done a darn thing in 2011. And I'm a huge fan of Foster (last year was the first of many to come), but he's only done it once. Let the man build a resume and he'll be on the list for sure.
Old 05-02-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, none of them deserve to be on a list of top players of 2011, since none of them have done a darn thing in 2011. And I'm a huge fan of Foster (last year was the first of many to come), but he's only done it once. Let the man build a resume and he'll be on the list for sure.
We did play the Jags in 2011. I'm just saying..
Old 05-02-2011   #12
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
We did play the Jags in 2011. I'm just saying..
Please, dont remind me

Considering how the season went, we know we have one in there with AJ (or that list loses ALL validity) thats good enough for me until they can play at least 1 WC/PO game.

I love this team but when we have so many of the "best of......" and still get no where......
Old 05-02-2011   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a list done by the players, I'm willing to bet that they included Foster in there even if he was an unknown in 2009. Hell Mike Williams got put on the list and he was just a really good rookie. My guesses are:

AJ
Mario
Foster
Schaub

Maybe Demeco makes it but I kind of doubt it, and I sort of doubt Leach making it but you never know.
Old 05-03-2011   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
au contraire mon ami... No "resume'" required. If this was a lifetime/career achievement list you'd be right but it isn't.

The way I understand it is that this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY. So as the leading rusher, leading TD producer, and leading scorer among non-kicker types for 2011, Arian Foster has every right to be on this list. And fairly high if the players "grade" for this season only.

Plus, he pretty much single-handedly carried my FF team to the playoffs this year - not that that makes me bias or anything.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
of course he does. this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
au contraire mon ami... No "resume'" required. If this was a lifetime/career achievement list you'd be right but it isn't.

The way I understand it is that this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY. So as the leading rusher, leading TD producer, and leading scorer among non-kicker types for 2011, Arian Foster has every right to be on this list. And fairly high if the players "grade" for this season only.

Plus, he pretty much single-handedly carried my FF team to the playoffs this year - not that that makes me bias or anything.
McNabb was on the list though as a guy who might have had a bad 2010 but is still considered a good player.

Funny story, Jason Babin was #85 on the list. Got a chuckle from that one.
Old 05-09-2011   #17
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

During last nights 90-80, before one of the commercial breaks, they stated "What team has the most players in the top 100?". Of course it was the steelers but when they ask the question they show players from different teams basically giving you multiple choice answers. One of the clips was AJ.

Heres to hoping for AJ, Leach, Schaub, Foster and I am thinking Mario and Eric Winston as well now.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Donovan McNabb made it in (and he was benched last year) then Schaub is surely going to be included
Old 05-09-2011   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

AJ is #5
Schaub is #55
Foster is #60
Mario is #88
Winston is #89

Kubiak is #27 (worst returning HC)
Old 05-09-2011   #20
b0ng
Ooops

I'm assuming you didn't watch the show last night SH>

EDIT: McNabb was included probably as a guy who had a shitty 2010 but is looked at as a great player overall. I seriously doubt any fullback made the list and I know for sure there is no way Winston is on that thing either.

Kinda funny that Jason Babin turned out to be a decent player after half-assing it on about 4 different teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read