Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2011   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vonta Leach Tweets Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I really want him back. Mainly just to see him catch the ball out of the backfield. There's no juking going on, it's all downhill looking for a defender to light up. Even though it's a checkdown, it's easily one of the most entertaining offensive plays.
I want this guy back BAD too, but, really? The half-back passes? Ever noticed how they ALWAYS go for his knees, he is top-heavy, and he ALWAYS goes down immediately when they do. I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #22
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I want this guy back BAD too, but, really? The half-back passes? Ever noticed how they ALWAYS go for his knees, he is top-heavy, and he ALWAYS goes down immediately when they do. I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.
I just like watching a beast run with the ball. There is no ducking a hit, no running out of bounds. Pure Beast!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.
The Texans give Vonta a touch every other game (8 catches, 91 yards, 11.4 ypc). I don't mind giving the guy a little reward now and then for all of his hard work. Plus, 11.4 yards a catch isn't bad for a FB. But, once every other game seems about right.
Old 05-29-2011   #24
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans give Vonta a touch every other game (8 catches, 91 yards, 11.4 ypc). I don't mind giving the guy a little reward now and then for all of his hard work. Plus, 11.4 yards a catch isn't bad for a FB. But, once every other game seems about right.
Exactly. It keeps the defense honest. IF they know he could get the ball and take it or 11, they have to monitor him at all times rather than forget about him.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #25
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read