Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vonta Leach Tweets Optimism

I wish they'd bring Vonta back but him tweeting that he is for sure done with the Texans then doing this after the draft makes me think he has lady parts.

I seriously doubt he has lady parts but why is he acting like a lady?

I wish they'd bring Vonta back but him tweeting that he is for sure done with the Texans then doing this after the draft makes me think he has lady parts.

I dare you to tell him that in person. :pirate:

Its his page, his thoughts. Who cares if in a moment of emotion he says good bye. That's exactly what things looked like. Now, it's a moment of optimism.

Um, I disagree.

The guy has just been positioning himself to get a contract and getting the fans on his side in the hope that he gets a contract for what he sees his worth is. Listen to the link below. He quotes three contracts he thinks are comparable, he says he doesnt have to be the highest paid fullback, and says he wants to be a houston texans and retire as a texan. He also points out in the last 5 years which Texan has started everygame and played more positions as he had? Atleast one answer - the guy who was just All Pro and Pro Bowl as a fullback. The full back is not a popular position, he has been a battering ram for the Foster, and knows he will have a short career because of it. I am on the side that Rick Smith could have called and reached out to him and his agent about getting him signed. He didnt hear anything from Rick, saw OD, who has been hurt and literally on his last leg, get signed and the dude is rightfully vocal about feeling not appreciated for what he has done.

5 years 17 million
3 year 12 milliion
6 year 18 million

http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcas...=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.HOUSTON

If the shoe was on the other foot, and you told your boss in the month of May I want to talk about a pay raise. May goes by and then gives a raise to one of your coworkers when he knows you want to talk. You cant tell me you wouldnt be pissed a bit either. Now you dont have the opportunity to put it on Facebook and Twitter, but he does. And he does it because Rick could have atleast called to get the ball rolling.

Rick is dumb.

When Andre said he was going to hold out for a new contract, the fans were on his side. Andre is not a diva like other WRs, and Leach is no Andre, but if we have to have a diva on the team let it be the guy who throws his body in the way of people to help make a league leading running back.

Sorry.:soapbox:

Um, I disagree.

The guy has just been positioning himself to get a contract and getting the fans on his side in the hope that he gets a contract for what he sees his worth is. Listen to the link below. He quotes three contracts he thinks are comparable, he says he doesnt have to be the highest paid fullback, and says he wants to be a houston texans and retire as a texan. He also points out in the last 5 years which Texan has started everygame and played more positions as he had? Atleast one answer - the guy who was just All Pro and Pro Bowl as a fullback. The full back is not a popular position, he has been a battering ram for the Foster, and knows he will have a short career because of it. I am on the side that Rick Smith could have called and reached out to him and his agent about getting him signed. He didnt hear anything from Rick, saw OD, who has been hurt and literally on his last leg, get signed and the dude is rightfully vocal about feeling not appreciated for what he has done.

5 years 17 million
3 year 12 milliion
6 year 18 million

http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcas...=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.HOUSTON

If the shoe was on the other foot, and you told your boss in the month of May I want to talk about a pay raise. May goes by and then gives a raise to one of your coworkers when he knows you want to talk. You cant tell me you wouldnt be pissed a bit either. Now you dont have the opportunity to put it on Facebook and Twitter, but he does. And he does it because Rick could have atleast called to get the ball rolling.

Rick is dumb.

When Andre said he was going to hold out for a new contract, the fans were on his side. Andre is not a diva like other WRs, and Leach is no Andre, but if we have to have a diva on the team let it be the guy who throws his body in the way of people to help make a league leading running back.

Is that the "Pay me Rick Shoe"????

Um, I disagree.

5 years 17 million
3 year 12 milliion
6 year 18 million

Rick is dumb.

Complaining about not being signed while there is a lock-out going on in the league != Holding out during the offseason and keeping it off twitter. Like I said, I like Leach and I don't think he has lady parts but why is he acting bi-polar in a public forum? Kinda goofy.

Complaining about not being signed while there is a lock-out going on in the league != Holding out during the offseason and keeping it off twitter. Like I said, I like Leach and I don't think he has lady parts but why is he acting bi-polar in a public forum? Kinda goofy.

Well he did a campaign for "Leach to the Beach", maybe this is his alter-ego campaign "Sensitive Fullback Seeks Contract".

I hope the Texans resign Leach, I remember seeing defenders get out of his way after he was punishing them all day. He brings an element of grit to the O as well.

Did you listen to link? Dude is nowhere close to being bipolar. And holding out when your team is wanting the playoffs about the contract you signed that your uncle negotiated when you are under contract speaks louder to me that a guy complaining he wants to get paid when there is a lock out and why didnt his boss at least call him about solidify relations in the future.

The guy is campaigning for a new contract with the Texans and is doing it in a reasonable way. He wants to make sure the fans and front office know that he wants to be a Texan and retire as a Texan after being slighted. Its 2011 and the internet has provided us to stay connected with players like we are having friendly conversations with them. I appreciate him letting us know he wants to be a Texan.

This is never going to be like the sports of yore. With the internet we stay connected and players can talk to the fans directly. Just because fans still have a bad taste from TO everytime a sports figure gets on twitter to voice their own opinion about their own situation people act like they are being a TO.

Texans need to keep lead-blocking Leach, Johnson says

His peers selected Vonta Leach as the one of the NFL's top 100 players, but Andre Johnson believes the fullback should be the Houston Texans' No. 1 priority this offseason.

Johnson, the Texans' Pro Bowl wide receiver, told the Houston Chronicle that he can't imagine the team's offense without the bruising lead blocker, who could be a free agent after the NFL lockout ends.

"I don't know who we'll replace him with," Johnson said in a story published Monday. "He's the best at what he does."

Leach's NFL brethren agreed, voting the fullback to NFL Network's "The Top 100 Players of 2011" in the No. 65 spot.

According to the Chronicle, Leach wants to stay with the Texans but on pay commiserate with his standing. Philadelphia Eagles fullback Leonard Weaver is the highest-paid fullback with a three-year, $11.2 million contract that he signed last year, and Leach is eyeing a deal richer than that.

Still, is a player who didn't carry the football once last season worth big money? Johnson says doubters should ask Texans running back Arian Foster, who benefitted from Leach's blocks to lead the NFL in rushing.

"We had a 1,600-yard rusher, and I think that explains itself," Johnson said. "He (Leach) does a great job. He's very important to our offense, and he's good on special teams, too."

Said Leach: "A lot of people don't understand what a fullback brings to the table -- the physicality, the play-action that opens up the pass, a hard-nosed player. I do everything they ask me to do."

Johnson also confirmed that he has tried to recruit cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to join the Texans and help improve the NFL's 30th-ranked pass defense. But even Johnson admits it's a longshot because the franchise hasn't reached the playoffs in its nine-year history.

"It's tough (to sell) because everybody wants to win," Johnson said. "When you haven't been in the playoffs, it makes it a little tougher. But guys also recognize that we're a team on the rise. Hopefully, that'll work out for us, and he'll be part of the Texans. It'll be real tough to get him, but anything can happen."

He should be optimistic. The best player in this franchise's history has his back. As long as Leach is realistic about the contract numbers, I don't see any reason why he won't be a Texan.

Um, I disagree.

5 years 17 million
3 year 12 milliion
6 year 18 million

Rick is dumb.

Great post and I totally agree with all of this. Are the Texans honestly going to sit here and ignore the fact that they had the best running game in football last season with Foster and act like Leach wasn't a huge part of that?? Even years before this, Leach has been a constant reliable FB at catching short passes out of the backfield and laying the wood on LB's. Leach is a stud, and needs to be signed pronto. I think he quite possibly might have been a bigger need than Owen Daniels actually since we have like 12 TE's on this roster.

Even in 2008 Leach was leading the way for Steve Slaton and made him look like the future starting RB of this team. Leach hasn't dropped off over the last 3 years, I say give him 4 years 13 million if they can afford it when the cap is put in place. I just hope signing him won't deter signing Aso or another top tier CB.

I really want him back. Mainly just to see him catch the ball out of the backfield. There's no juking going on, it's all downhill looking for a defender to light up. Even though it's a checkdown, it's easily one of the most entertaining offensive plays.

I really want him back. Mainly just to see him catch the ball out of the backfield. There's no juking going on, it's all downhill looking for a defender to light up. Even though it's a checkdown, it's easily one of the most entertaining offensive plays.

I agree, that's solid entertainment :)

I just hope he doesn't get fined for hitting those 'defensless' LBs and DBs too hard! :kitten:

Did you listen to link? Dude is nowhere close to being bipolar. And holding out when your team is wanting the playoffs about the contract you signed that your uncle negotiated when you are under contract speaks louder to me that a guy complaining he wants to get paid when there is a lock out and why didnt his boss at least call him about solidify relations in the future.

The guy is campaigning for a new contract with the Texans and is doing it in a reasonable way. He wants to make sure the fans and front office know that he wants to be a Texan and retire as a Texan after being slighted. Its 2011 and the internet has provided us to stay connected with players like we are having friendly conversations with them. I appreciate him letting us know he wants to be a Texan.

This is never going to be like the sports of yore. With the internet we stay connected and players can talk to the fans directly. Just because fans still have a bad taste from TO everytime a sports figure gets on twitter to voice their own opinion about their own situation people act like they are being a TO.

Team Owner?

I want this guy back BAD too, but, really? The half-back passes? Ever noticed how they ALWAYS go for his knees, he is top-heavy, and he ALWAYS goes down immediately when they do. I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.

I want this guy back BAD too, but, really? The half-back passes? Ever noticed how they ALWAYS go for his knees, he is top-heavy, and he ALWAYS goes down immediately when they do. I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.

I just like watching a beast run with the ball. There is no ducking a hit, no running out of bounds. Pure Beast!!!

I think the Texans were smart to use this guy's amazing blocking abilities (which I do value greatly) and NOT give him the ball much at all.
The Texans give Vonta a touch every other game (8 catches, 91 yards, 11.4 ypc). I don't mind giving the guy a little reward now and then for all of his hard work. Plus, 11.4 yards a catch isn't bad for a FB. But, once every other game seems about right.

The Texans give Vonta a touch every other game (8 catches, 91 yards, 11.4 ypc). I don't mind giving the guy a little reward now and then for all of his hard work. Plus, 11.4 yards a catch isn't bad for a FB. But, once every other game seems about right.

Exactly. It keeps the defense honest. IF they know he could get the ball and take it or 11, they have to monitor him at all times rather than forget about him.

vontapayme.jpg

:fingergun:

Back