Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011   #41
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
We were his last chance. Sorry you dont understand.
Has zero to do with that. You're basically railroading the Texans FO for not drafting him when other teams also had the same opportunities to draft him. The fact that we had the very last pick is inconsequential.

Besides, you act like the guy still can't get signed by any team as an UFA. His dream is to play football in the NFL, not to get drafted. That is obviously still in tact. You need to relax.
Old 05-01-2011   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Sorry you mistook the Texans for a Make-A-Wish foundation. I'm glad they took a local kid as Mr. Irrelevant instead of some national sob story.
And Im glad I know what kind of a person you are now.
Old 05-01-2011   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Has zero to do with that. You're basically railroading the Texans FO for not drafting him when other teams also had the same opportunities to draft him. The fact that we had the very last pick is inconsequential.

Besides, you act like the guy still can't get signed by any team as an UFA. His dream is to play football in the NFL, not to get drafted. That is obviously still in tact. You need to relax.
Ok.
Old 05-01-2011   #44
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Trust me when I say his situation can't be any more dire than my own on this subject, and yet I find the insults pretty low class. And I told him just that. Doc comes here and shares his knowledge with us for nothing and doesn't deserve anyone calling him Doc Clueless. I, for one, appreciate his willingness to spend a little time with us.

Besides the fact that the guy is better off not being drafted when you get that low in the draft. That way you get to pick and choose your opportunity instead of getting stuck with some crappy 32nd ranked defense.
Not that its any of your biz but I apologized to C&D already. However anything I said to anyone else I meant. The bolded part is the first thing anyone in this thread has said I agree with.

And Im sorry for whatever youre situation is. Hope it gets better.
Old 05-01-2011   #45
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Im glad I know what kind of a person you are now.
The Jets actually passed over this wonderous cancer patient in order to draft a friend of Mark Sanchez who was expelled from high school for writing graphic sexual death threats to one of his teachers. As part of a class project.

You should go and let the Jets message boards know about this grave injustice immediately.
Old 05-01-2011   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's is a big difference from the 11th pick to the last pick in the draft.
I absolutely agree with that. Some thought
allowing Quinn to play football at all was a risk to his health and well being. I think it's painfully obvious that Herzlich, regardless of his dreams and aspirations, will not be on an NFL roster. It truly is detrimental to his short and long term health. Sometimes the greatest gift we can get is not getting what we want. I wish him the best of luck and a full recovery, but I can't think of a single player with a 10"-12" titanium rod stabilizing a leg bone.
Old 05-01-2011   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hope this has answered your questions.
It has.
Old 05-01-2011   #48
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The Jets actually passed over this wonderous cancer patient in order to draft a friend of Mark Sanchez who was expelled from high school for writing graphic sexual death threats to one of his teachers. As part of a class project.

You should go and let the Jets message boards know about this grave injustice immediately.
"Wonderous cancer patient" The only grave injustice here is that you are allowed to speak publicly. Now go back to smoking pot all alone in youre mothers basement. Stop worrying about the real world outside.
Old 05-01-2011   #49
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Wonderous cancer patient" The only grave injustice here is that you are allowed to speak publicly. Now go back to smoking pot all alone in youre mothers basement. Stop worrying about the real world outside.
Old 05-01-2011   #50
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's funny. Harsh as hell, but funny.
Old 05-01-2011   #51
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This just in .... the Texans have redrafted and take Mark Herzlich instead of Amobi Okoye . It's settled .

Round Dan
Old 05-01-2011   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

when the 7th round started, I thought it would be a nice gesture to draft him as the last pick, but toward the last pick, I was wondering if that is really what the kid would want.. based on the piece on TV, the kid has worked his ass off to get back on the field and it is a real good ,feel good story, but wouldn't be a mockery if we just drafted him , just to draft him for a feel good story? then he gets to spend a week at new port beach and paraded around

at first, I thought it would be good, but then I feel it would have been more insulting to him, besides now he can pick any team he wants to try out for.

I wish him the best in his career but to be pissed at the Texans for not drafting him.. I don't know about that.
Old 05-01-2011   #53
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
when the 7th round started, I thought it would be a nice gesture to draft him as the last pick, but toward the last pick, I was wondering if that is really what the kid would want.. based on the piece on TV, the kid has worked his ass off to get back on the field and it is a real good ,feel good story, but wouldn't be a mockery if we just drafted him , just to draft him for a feel good story? then he gets to spend a week at new port beach and paraded around

at first, I thought it would be good, but then I feel it would have been more insulting to him, besides now he can pick any team he wants to try out for.

I wish him the best in his career but to be pissed at the Texans for not drafting him.. I don't know about that.
Now that is a response I can respect! Thank you sir.
Old 05-01-2011   #54
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, I could care less if YOU had him pegged as being a good pick for us.

You are a 12-year-old fit throwing child about this, using a slash and burn technique to destroy anybody who disagrees with you on it.

You built this idol, and nobody is worshipping it. And you're pissed about it. You just invested too much emotional energy into it, IMO.

This thread should have been deleted the instant you created it. Of all the reasons to actually criticize the Texans FO, this is not even on the radar as a legitimate reason.

And for the record, I've generally supported your opinions until now. But when a bad post is a bad post, it has to be called as such.
Old 05-01-2011   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Man, I could care less if YOU had him pegged as being a good pick for us.

You are a 12-year-old fit throwing child about this, using a slash and burn technique to destroy anybody who disagrees with you on it.

You built this idol, and nobody is worshipping it. And you're pissed about it. You just invested too much emotional energy into it, IMO.

This thread should have been deleted the instant you created it. Of all the reasons to actually criticize the Texans FO, this is not even on the radar as a legitimate reason.

And for the record, I've generally supported your opinions until now. But when a bad post is a bad post, it has to be called as such.
Actually that was the wrong link. The link I meant to post showed that I had stated earlier that if he was not drafted because of his medical condition we should draft him with the Mr Irrelevant pick. I was trying to show you that I was aware of his situation because in your previous post you insinuated that I wasnt aware of it.

Thats fine if you dont think its a legitimate reason for criticizing the front office, I can respect that. When I started the thread I was overly emotional and didnt state that I was aware of his condition. Looking back I can see where it all went south. However a couple of posters here have made statements that were a little classless and I let them know about it. And to the people I made classless comments to I have apologized.
Old 05-01-2011   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

This scenario was probably always the more probable.....and for him, the most fulfilling outcome.
Old 05-01-2011   #57
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This scenario was probably always the more probable.....and for him, the most fulfilling outcome.
And with that someone kill this thread!
Old 05-01-2011   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually that was the wrong link. The link I meant to post showed that I had stated earlier that if he was not drafted because of his medical condition we should draft him with the Mr Irrelevant pick. I was trying to show you that I was aware of his situation because in your previous post you insinuated that I wasnt aware of it.

Thats fine if you dont think its a legitimate reason for criticizing the front office, I can respect that. When I started the thread I was overly emotional and didnt state that I was aware of his condition. Looking back I can see where it all went south. However a couple of posters here have made statements that were a little classless and I let them know about it. And to the people I made classless comments to I have apologized.
I think the ones you called "classless" were using hyperbole to help illustrate what they felt was your irrational take on the situation. Sorta' like using fire to fight fire.

I hate the whole Mr. Irrelevant concept anyways. It's a draft pick like all the other ones that came before it. Anybody past the 5th round is usually not going to make the team or play a significant role on the team anyways, or at least the law of averages says so. Somebody had to be picked last, some dude was selected, and now he's on an NFL team that will cut him in the first round of cuts. Nothing to throw chairs about.
Old 05-01-2011   #59
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
His dream is to play football in the NFL, not to get drafted.

Actually, that's not all together true. In an interview I saw, he said he realized that he probably wouldn't get drafted, but would love to hear his name called on draft day. Given what he's been through, if that's not a dream I don't know what is.

As the last pick got closer & closer I really started hoping the Texans would take him & give him some time to see if he can beat this thing. Imagine the positive PR the team (and NFL) would've gotten for doing this. The NFL is a business & quite often appears to have no heart. Doing this would've gone a long ways towards dispelling that perception. Also, if he's able to beat it, we would've gotten the steal of the draft.

However, having said all of this, there were several players still available, Deunta Williams (FS), Deandre McDaniel (SS), Jeron Johnson (SS), Mario Harvey (ILB), Tori Gurley (WR), Ian Williams (DT), Brandon Bair (DE) & Blaine Sumner (NT), that could've helped us. With all that talent still on the board, the Texans must see something in the Ozougwu kid that makes them think he can stick.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Old 05-01-2011   #60
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I had stumbled on www.theonion.com for a second. Then I realized this is SERIOUS.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read