Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011   #21
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Maybe if someone you cared about was diagnosed with a life threatening disease and had there lifes dream taken away from them you would be a little more in tune with reality.

And you mr self proclaimed draft guru, enlighten us to how much our new mr irrelevant will make a difference to this team. Or is your hand to sore to type anymore from patting yourself on the back everytime you half ass guessed at something during the draft?
Man you just need to back away from the keyboard for a while. Sleep on it. Come back and read this thread in the morning.
Old 04-30-2011   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This whole thread is just full of bitching. Can't we just state our different opinions instead of bitching about someone we think is bitching? Good grief.
Old 04-30-2011   #23
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, draft has been over for a few hours and the hatchets are flyin' again! Damn, I love me some Texans Talk!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 04-30-2011   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Man, draft has been over for a few hours and the hatchets are flyin' again! Damn, I love me some Texans Talk!
lol
Old 04-30-2011   #25
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone give mussop a brown bag and cut the eye holes out for him.
Old 04-30-2011   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

There's apparently something significant behind mussop's strong feelings towards this subject. Maybe, everyone should walk away from this subject for now.
Old 04-30-2011   #27
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Someone give mussop a brown bag and cut the eye holes out for him.
No one gets my bag!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Even though reports claim there has been no spread, his age makes me somewhat suspicious. He is scheduled for chemotherapy and there is no mention of definitive surgery.
I had heard that Herzlich is in remission after undergoing chemotherapy in 2009. I've heard nothing of additional chemotherapy. Link anyone?

I have heard that Marcus Cannon (TCU OT taken by Pats in the 5th) will undergo chemotherapy.
Old 04-30-2011   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

apparently it was only on us to make this guy's dream come true..shame on you bob mcnair...there were 31 other teams who could've made his dream come true...i hope you started an equivalent thread on all their messageboards as well.
Old 04-30-2011   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
There's apparently something significant behind mussop's strong feelings towards this subject. Maybe, everyone should walk away from this subject for now.
Trust me when I say his situation can't be any more dire than my own on this subject, and yet I find the insults pretty low class. And I told him just that. Doc comes here and shares his knowledge with us for nothing and doesn't deserve anyone calling him Doc Clueless. I, for one, appreciate his willingness to spend a little time with us.

Besides the fact that the guy is better off not being drafted when you get that low in the draft. That way you get to pick and choose your opportunity instead of getting stuck with some crappy 32nd ranked defense.
Old 04-30-2011   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I had heard that Herzlich is in remission after undergoing chemotherapy in 2009. I've heard nothing of additional chemotherapy. Link anyone?

I have heard that Marcus Cannon (TCU OT taken by Pats in the 5th) will undergo chemotherapy.
Herzlich is in remission. However, contrary to what his agent Condon has stated, he is not a low risk for recurrence.

Instead of treating it for the greatest possibility of a cure, he chose to go against medical advice opting for chemotherapy only in order to best maintain lower limb structural integrity. Since the chemo was the only avenue chosen, it would have been in higher more toxic dose to the tissues (including normal tissues) and delivered over a longer period of time.

In his case the most effective route for cure would have been for preoperative chemotherapy for shrinkage of the tumor, surgery to remove the tumor and surrounding tissue, postoperative chemotherapy, and postoperative radiation therapy. This would have precluded continuance of his football career.

As I noted in my original post despite good response to chemotherapy, the survival rate will be affected and the muscles and the rest of the body will have taken its toll on his performance as an athlete.

Quote:
He went against the advice of some doctors by opting for a course of treatment that would offer some hope for a return to the field. The tumor was ultimately eradicated through intensive chemotherapy and radiation treatments. A 12-inch titanium rod was permanently inserted to stabilize his leg.

What about the doctors who pushed for extensive surgery as a safer route, even if it meant he had played his last down?

"I couldn't accept it," he says, "because I would know that cancer would have beaten me. Even if I came back healthy, taking away from me something I love was defeat in my eyes.

"It was a gamble. I guess I was gambling with my own life. But in the end, it was my choice."
link

Marcus Cannon, on the other hand, has a type of lymphoma, a disease that is not a surgical disease. He underwent chemotherapy, which in this case given alone, should afford him a 95% chance of a full disease free life.

I hope this has answered your questions.
Old 04-30-2011   #32
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

You do kinda feel for the guy though, he had a lot of talent. After all he had been through, to make it back on the field for BC was pretty amazing, and I would have loved to see him drafted, but after everything doc just said, you can not blame teams for passing on him. If he is one of the lucky ones and manages to stay in remission, I am sure he will get an invite to camp somewhere though
Old 04-30-2011   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe if someone you cared about was diagnosed with a life threatening disease and had there lifes dream taken away from them you would be a little more in tune with reality.
Don't presume to know who/if/how many I've lost to cancer -- or if I've been treated for it myself.

Quote:
And you mr self proclaimed draft guru, enlighten us to how much our new mr irrelevant will make a difference to this team. Or is your hand to sore to type anymore from patting yourself on the back everytime you half ass guessed at something during the draft?
Self proclaimed draft guru? Me? Where's my mock draft posted? Combine grades? Film breakdowns? Don't know who you're talking about, but it's not me. I'm a self proclaimed Houston pro football fan.

Wade thought enough of the guy, a local kid, to coach him up a bit; Kubes commented on his football IQ, he's "really good friends" with James Casey, and Mayock said "he flashed for me" at the East-West practice & has edge-rush ability.

This is a business -- you don't trashcan opportunities/assets.
Old 04-30-2011   #34
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
My god, this has nothing to do with his value. Do you think the guy we drafted last has any real value? You guys are as clueless as the texans.
Charlie Sheen is that you? Did you jack Mussop's account?

JK bro...take a breath!!
Old 05-01-2011   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why are you doing this?

It's obvious that you know you sort of screwed up. I mean, the dude wasn't picked because he's questionable. I bet even HE knows that.

This feels like you won't let go and you're going down swinging.

Just walk away. Everybody here has made the same sort of mistake: Making a strong statement and not having all the important information at the time.

I do it at least twice a day. Minimum. LOL.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...15#post1689715
Old 05-01-2011   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Don't presume to know who/if/how many I've lost to cancer -- or if I've been treated for it myself.

Self proclaimed draft guru? Me? Where's my mock draft posted? Combine grades? Film breakdowns? Don't know who you're talking about, but it's not me. I'm a self proclaimed Houston pro football fan.

Wade thought enough of the guy, a local kid, to coach him up a bit; Kubes commented on his football IQ, he's "really good friends" with James Casey, and Mayock said "he flashed for me" at the East-West practice & has edge-rush ability.

This is a business -- you don't trashcan opportunities/assets.
No not you.

And yes the last pick is is such an important opportunity/asset. Its not like they couldnt of signed the guy as a UFA.
Old 05-01-2011   #37
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
apparently it was only on us to make this guy's dream come true..shame on you bob mcnair...there were 31 other teams who could've made his dream come true...i hope you started an equivalent thread on all their messageboards as well.
We were his last chance. Sorry you dont understand.
Old 05-01-2011   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We were his last chance. Sorry you dont understand.
Sorry you mistook the Texans for a Make-A-Wish foundation. I'm glad they took a local kid as Mr. Irrelevant instead of some national sob story.
Old 05-01-2011   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 90988 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. I just feel bad that the kid has cancer. I do find it a bit ironic that some want us to draft a guy who just underwent chemotherapy for bone cancer while others were railing against a team taking Quinn because of a cyst in his skull that needed draining. Quinn was fully cleared for football. Has Herzlich been cleared?
Old 05-01-2011   #40
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Damn. I just feel bad that the kid has cancer. I do find it a bit ironic that some want us to draft a guy who just underwent chemotherapy for bone cancer while others were railing against a team taking Quinn because of a cyst in his skull that needed draining. Quinn was fully cleared for football. Has Herzlich been cleared?
There's is a big difference from the 11th pick to the last pick in the draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read