Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2011   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default UDFA Wishlist

DeAndre McDaniel S
Ian Williams DT
Kendric Burney CB
Pierre Allen DE
Dane Sanzenbacher WR
Deunta Williams S
Joe Lefeged S
Mark Herzlich OLB
Pat Devlin QB
Terrence Toliver WR
Noel Devine RB
Old 04-30-2011   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UDFA Wishlist

My wish is for there to be UDFA.
Old 04-30-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
My wish is for there to be UDFA.
THIS.........we don't know that we have this now.

Quote:
Chas Henry - Senior Punter University of Florida

A member of the 2008 Florida Gators national championship team, Chas Henry followed up his team's success with individual triumph by winning the 2010 Ray Guy Ward, which recognized Henry as the best punter in college football.

During the 2010 season, Henry was brought in to punt 43 times for an average of 46.4 yards per punt (certainly NFL worthy).14 of Henry's 43 punts were 50 yards or more and 15 of his punts landed inside the 20-yard line.

Strengths:

Playing in the SEC Henry has plenty of experience in pressure packed situations including kicking a game winning field goal to beat rival University of Georgia after Florida's usual kicker Caleb Sturgis suffered an injury. According to NFL analysts Henry also gets good hang time on his punts and his effective with his directional punting, which can pin opponent offenses deep inside their own territory.

Weaknesses:

Henry only displayed average leg strength during his college career and had trouble consistently stringing booming punts together. Henry also is said to take an extra step than most punters in his pre-punt set up.

Combine:

Henry ran a 4.85 at the combine and is considered the number 1 punter in the draft of 52 punters according to nfldraftscout.com. He is a projected 6th round pick.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Cowher HC

Yeah, I guess that's not very likely.
Old 04-30-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I just don't understand why we would make our last choice someone (Cheddar) that we could definitely have gotten as an UDFA when it opened up with probably virtually no competition......when we could have locked in the best punter in the nation? Someone want to explain to me the logic????????
Old 04-30-2011   #6
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I guess I just don't understand why we would make our last choice someone (Cheddar) that we could definitely have gotten as an UDFA when it opened up with probably virtually no competition......when we could have locked in the best punter in the nation? Someone want to explain to me the logic????????
That's my complaint about Mr. Irrelevant. We could have locked in the rights to Henry.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you on this point, but Mr. Irrelevant is a big deal, my guess is Kubiak and Smith liked the local college kid enough to throw him this bone.

Besides there is another closer to home college punter that might be on the radar, Derek Epperson. I like Henry better, but Epperson should be in the mix, IMO.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I agree with you on this point, but Mr. Irrelevant is a big deal, my guess is Kubiak and Smith liked the local college kid enough to throw him this bone.

Besides there is another closer to home college punter that might be on the radar, Derek Epperson. I like Henry better, but Epperson should be in the mix, IMO.
The knock on Epperson has been hesitation before his punts, slow follow thru to time of kick, and poor hang time.........no comparison to Henry.
Old 04-30-2011   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Henry sounds like someone we need to get.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish for another Arian Foster.
Old 05-01-2011   #11
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Here are 4 players that I would be interested in for the Texans:

DB Will Hill
LB Mark Herzlich
WR Dane Sanzenbacher
OG Michael Huey
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #12
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Orie Lemon
Ian Williams
Adrian Taylor
Ricardo Lockette
Darvin Adams
Deandre McDaniel
Noel Devine
Old 05-01-2011   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
DeAndre McDaniel S
Ian Williams DT
Kendric Burney CB
Pierre Allen DE
Dane Sanzenbacher WR
Deunta Williams S
Joe Lefeged S
Mark Herzlich OLB
Pat Devlin QB
Terrence Toliver WR
Noel Devine RB
I can understand Herzlich not getting selected but I still don't know why nobody picked Ian Williams. He was rated a 4th or 5th rounder. Is there an injury I haven't heard about? The only thing missing from this list is the Punter, Chas Henry, and maybe the WR, Lockette. That would be one heck of a haul if we could sign all of them!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
That's my complaint about Mr. Irrelevant. We could have locked in the rights to Henry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Henry sounds like someone we need to get.
If you're talking about Alex Henery (P/K Nebraska), he was taken by the Eagles in the fourth round.
Old 05-01-2011   #15
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If you're talking about Alex Henery (P/K Nebraska), he was taken by the Eagles in the fourth round.
Chas Henry from Florida
Old 05-01-2011   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Chas Henry from Florida
Noted and thanks!
Old 05-01-2011   #17
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

ian williams we must get im sooooo surprised he didnt get drafted. there has to be something going on behind the scenes that no lay person knows about because he is a great talent
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you who I want them to sign...

STEVEN FRIDAY!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...postcount=1389
Old 05-02-2011   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Somebody unlocked the bathroom and let Rick and Gary out for the day 3 picks.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Henry, K Nebraska. Did he go anywhere? If no, I'll take him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read