Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Cheta
I like It 29 43.28%
I don't like it 13 19.40%
On the fence 25 37.31%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2011   #61
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheta Ozougwu - Reaction to the pick?

Mel Kiper had a chat today on ESPN.com and was asked to name a few late round steals. Here is his answer:

"Let's look at the fifth round on. I like Kealoha Pilares, WR, Hawaii to Carolina. I love Ricky Stanzi to QB. He could be their starter in 2-3 years. I love Jacquizz Rodgers. I like Carter, OLB to the Steelers in the fifth. Aldrick Robinson, WR, to Washington in the sixth. Jordan Todman, RB to the Chargers in the sixth. I like Greg Jones, MLB to the Giants. Ross Holman, LB to the Vikings in the 6th. Virgil Green, TE, Nevada to the Browns. Justin Rogers to the Bills in the 7th round. Stanley Havili, FB, Eagles in the seventh. Lee Ziemba, OT, Carolina, 7th round. And I think Mr. Irrelevant was a nice pick. Cheta Ozougwu, OLB from Rice going to Houston."

And the link:http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38211
Old 05-02-2011   #62
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Soccer is for sissy boys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc4_yT7aGek
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #63
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Are there any Nigerian rugby players?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I love it!! Especially since it pisses off mussop so much!

Old 05-02-2011   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

just because I think he looks funny.
Old 05-02-2011   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

just because I think he looks funny.

You mean flying without his cape???
Old 05-02-2011   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You mean flying without his cape???
No, his facial expressions. Looks like he's trying to surprise a group of 1st graders as they wake up from their afternoon nap.
Old 05-02-2011   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

^That's his war face.

Private Cheddar, show me your war face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vHOR8lzTg

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-03-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #69
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Where was the "Wait and See" choice?

When I think that Kevin Walter, Zac Diles, and David Anderson were all 7th round picks that worked out for us and there's Troy Nolan and Dorin Dickerson who are still "under development"; I'm willing to wait and see how this guy works out.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

When I think that Kevin Walter, Zac Diles, and David Anderson were all 7th round picks that worked out for us and there's Troy Nolan and Dorin Dickerson who are still "under development"; I'm willing to wait and see how this guy works out.
that sounds kinda-sorta like "on the fence"

Old 05-03-2011   #71
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man, we can make an argument the 7th round is smithiak's best work.
Old 05-03-2011   #72
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he's got a powerful lower body.
Old 05-03-2011   #73
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He is from Rice. I dont think the name is important, it is the school. A way to get Rice fans paying tickets. Its a seventh rounder, so it is not a big deal, but I think the Texans would have been the front runners to sign Ozougwu in FA, and could have used this opportunity to get someone else.
I think James Casey took care of that! Don't need Cheta O to bring Rice fans to Reliant! SOOOOOO, just maybe WP knows what he's doing. Just saying!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #74
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I think James Casey took care of that! Don't need Cheta O to bring Rice fans to Reliant! SOOOOOO, just maybe WP knows what he's doing. Just saying!
If you dont like people critiquing the front office, dont read the threads that ask for personal reactions to things. I posted MY reaction to the pick, and I have every right to.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #75
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you dont like people critiquing the front office, dont read the threads that ask for personal reactions to things. I posted MY reaction to the pick, and I have every right to.
AND I have every right to respond!!
Old 05-03-2011   #76
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
AND I have every right to respond!!
Fair enough.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #77
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Fair enough.
Thank you!
Old 05-03-2011   #78
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I support him now and hope he makes the team.
Old 05-03-2011   #79
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with everything you say but I would point out that Kevin Walter was a 7th rounder but he was drafted by Cincinnati. We signed him as a restricted FA after he spent a couple years with them and it cost us a 7th. Obviously turned out great for us.
Old 05-03-2011   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

I've seen this stat from more than one source. Something to keep in mind.

Quote:
"People don't realize that 11 percent of NFL rosters are made up of (former rookie) free agents," said Jerry Glanville, the Hartford Colonials' coach/GM and former Falcons and Oilers coach. "So can these guys play? Without question. In fact, a lot of the free agents that don't make it are with teams that don't have the need they fill. And you look at our team last year at Hartford, with 18 players off the roster playing in the NFL, we're pretty good anyway."
link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read