Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Cheta
I like It 29 43.28%
I don't like it 13 19.40%
On the fence 25 37.31%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2011   #41
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheta Ozougwu - Reaction to the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He is from Rice. I dont think the name is important, it is the school. A way to get Rice fans paying tickets. Its a seventh rounder, so it is not a big deal, but I think the Texans would have been the front runners to sign Ozougwu in FA, and could have used this opportunity to get someone else.
This is the problem....the PR stuff is just BS. He wasn't a guy YOU were hot on.
Old 05-01-2011   #42
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what they say "Once a Cheta, always a Cheta"......
Old 05-01-2011   #43
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
You know what they say "Once a Cheta, always a Cheta"......
That was soooooo bad.
Old 05-01-2011   #44
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll give him a chance to succeed it is not like he decided to be a Texan. Why hate on him if he works hard and plays well?
Old 05-01-2011   #45
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Lance Briggs-242
James Farrior-243
Dumervil-248

Sometimes you just have to consider how much heart a player has.
I can buy that.

Again- I hope every Texans draft pick succeeds. I am a Texans fan first and foremost, and a draft fan second. I spend countless hours scouting the draft so I can form opinions on the new players, and discuss them with other fans.

As far as this pick goes- I know it is Mr. Irrelevant. I know that odds are, any player selected would be a longshot to make the roster. Thus, I know that it is useless to get worked up over this pick. And I am not worked up. I maintain that I am unhappy with the pick, and have been defending my thoughts. That does not mean I am on the edge of a bridge ready to jump.

On a side note- I know I was on the fence/leaning towards critical of the Keo pick, but the more I read and see, the happier I get. I still dont think he will ever be a great starting option (although, there is a chance if he gets his body fat down), but I can see him doing very well coming off the bench for ST and a handful of defensive snaps.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #46
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
This is the problem....the PR stuff is just BS. He wasn't a guy YOU were hot on.
How is it BS? I admit that I am not crazy about the pick. I dont think he has a chance to succeed, which should be the primary reason for drafting players.

Can you honestly tell me the school he went to had no impact on him being drafted here? There were many other talented players, with better stats and better measurables available. I hope he succeeds, but I am not banking on it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading his profile with the link someone attached, his weaknesses look like they could be coached out of him. He might make a decent STer also.
Old 05-01-2011   #48
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Reading his profile with the link someone attached, his weaknesses look like they could be coached out of him. He might make a decent STer also.
I am all for that let's hope so.
Old 05-01-2011   #49
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am all for that let's hope so.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...yers?eref=sihp

Quote:
Cornerback Prince Amukamara fell to the Giants at the 19th pick, but he probably should have been a top 10 pick based on talent. What was behind Amukamara's fall? In many draft rooms, the scouts liked Amukamara more than the coaches. The coaches pointed to Amukamara's short arms (30 1/2 inches, 71 1/2 inch wingspan) and small hands (8 1/2 inches). And there may have been more to the story. A lot of NFL people are skeptical about Nigerian players like Amukarma. "And it's not just white men," one executive said. "It's whites and blacks." It's still a subtle form of racism. The word on Nigerians: they are soft, not tough enough and too educated. It would be a pity if that's what cost Amukamara.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1L7TsTVE1
Old 05-01-2011   #50
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd think a Cheta would be faster.

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #51
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cornerback Prince Amukamara fell to the Giants at the 19th pick, but he probably should have been a top 10 pick based on talent. What was behind Amukamara's fall? In many draft rooms, the scouts liked Amukamara more than the coaches. The coaches pointed to Amukamara's short arms (30 1/2 inches, 71 1/2 inch wingspan) and small hands (8 1/2 inches). And there may have been more to the story. A lot of NFL people are skeptical about Nigerian players like Amukarma. "And it's not just white men," one executive said. "It's whites and blacks." It's still a subtle form of racism. The word on Nigerians: they are soft, not tough enough and too educated. It would be a pity if that's what cost Amukamara.

Not based on what I've seen....
That sounds like someone trying to get a rise from the media.
Old 05-01-2011   #52
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How is it BS? I admit that I am not crazy about the pick. I dont think he has a chance to succeed, which should be the primary reason for drafting players.

Can you honestly tell me the school he went to had no impact on him being drafted here? There were many other talented players, with better stats and better measurables available. I hope he succeeds, but I am not banking on it.
The great part of speculative (which you are engaging in and I refuse to) arguement is that you (nor I ) can't prove (or disprove) it. What I can provide is plenty of information that says Cheta was drafted about where he was ranked. I have seen him as high a 6th rounder to priority FA. As the last pick in the draft he was right where he was supposed to be.
Old 05-01-2011   #53
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is from Rice. I dont think the name is important, it is the school. A way to get Rice fans paying tickets. Its a seventh rounder, so it is not a big deal, but I think the Texans would have been the front runners to sign Ozougwu in FA, and could have used this opportunity to get someone else.
Both of them?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #54
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Reaction? Meh. We'll see if he makes it. Besides, he spelled his last name wrong. ;-)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #55
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield had this very interesting statement about him on his Texans Chat:

Quote:
First, nice story that he grew up in Houston and went to Rice. He's also got a 3.41 GPA as an econ major and will graduate in a couple of weeks. As for the Cheta the player, the Texans are moving him from DE to linebacker and like his pass rushing ability. Kubiak said that he's going to play 4 defensive positions for them and help on special teams
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

We needed Chas Henry, not Cheta.
Old 05-02-2011   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Nick Scurfield had this very interesting statement about him on his Texans Chat:
I can buy that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #58
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

Not based on what I've seen....
That sounds like someone trying to get a rise from the media.
Maybe someone's trying to get a rise out of Amobi Okoye.....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #59
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Maybe someone's trying to get a rise out of Amobi Okoye.....
That's funny. Where I am, noone has ever heard of him or any other NFL player from Nigeria. They all know Beckham and Pele, though.
Old 05-02-2011   #60
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's funny. Where I am, noone has ever heard of him or any other NFL player from Nigeria. They all know Beckham and Pele, though.
Soccer is for sissy boys.

Nigerians like soccer.

Nigerians are sissy boys.

Okoye sucks.

All checks out to me hahaha....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read