Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Shiloh Keo
I like it 54 54.00%
I dislike it 11 11.00%
On the fence 35 35.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shilo Keo- Reaction to the pick?

First pick in the 5th.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Shilo Keo- Reaction to the pick?

I don't know anything about any of these guys out of the 1st 3 rounds so i'll just stick with my "on the fence" vote.
Old 04-30-2011   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.

I liked it JUST because we went defense. AGAIN.

I freaking love it. Now I want to see us go defense for the entire rest of the draft. Nothing but defense. D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, ........
Old 04-30-2011   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

On the fence. I like going to the safety position, but I am not a fan of Keo. While he is an effort guy, he is not physically gifted. He tops out as a ST/backup guy.

EDIT- Again, typing too fast. I left the "h" off of his name. Shiloh Keo
Old 04-30-2011   #5
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't that the guy Deion Sanders really liked during the drils in the combine?
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I've read about him he seems like a very physical player...More of a SS type...

I think he will probably make his niche on special teams for us...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

My reaction....Who? Lol, i guess that's my cue to turn the draft off b/c i don't know many of these guys coming off the board now.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Suspect he will make the team as a ST but don't see him starting.
Old 04-30-2011   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

From CBS Sports:

Quote:
Shilo Keo

Overview

At under 6 feet tall but a solid 215 pounds, Keo looks the part of a future NFL defensive back. He did a little bit of everything with the Vandals, as Keo's ability to impact the game as a big-hitter and ball-hawk on defense as well as a special teams defender and returner made him a WAC standout from the beginning.

He has flaws in his game that could be exposed against NFL speed. A team will fall in love with his toughness and leadership and take a gamble on him in the late rounds. To make it in the pro game, Keo will need to impress early on special teams and convince a club that his penchant for big plays make up for his lack of ideal agility and speed in coverage.
Analysis

Positives: Good bulk and strength for the position. Physical defender who isn't afraid to stick in his nose in the pile. Good team defender. Willing to take out the legs of charging offensive linemen and trust his teammates to make the easy tackle. Can be a physical tone-setter across the middle, providing heavy hits to unsuspecting receivers and backs. Enough athleticism to stick with most backs and tight ends in coverage. Versatile, gutty performer whose leadership on and off the field is respected by his teammates. Two-time team captain (2009, 2010) and served as the Special Teams captain in 2008. Strong special teams performer.

Negatives: Might lack the athleticism to handle coverage responsibilities in the NFL. Is a tough defender, but isn't particularly instinctive and doesn't possess the fluidity and straight-line speed to mask his lack of awareness. Can lay the big hit on an unsuspecting ballcarrier, but to do so generally has to leave his feet and has a tendency to duck his head and rely on the collision to knock the ballcarrier to the ground, rather than wrapping his arms securely.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 he is a football player, kinda of the common theme in Wade Phillips first draft as defensive coordinator. He will do what he's told when he's told not questions asked.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Shiloh Keo is a good football player. I like this pick.

He doesn't have great measurables but he's an effort guy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

For me anything 5th round and beyond is almost mandatory "on the fence" until training camp starts. He seems to know where the football is going to be and that's a good sign.

On a completely different thought, I'm beginning to think we'll never get rid of Casey Studdard.
Old 04-30-2011   #13
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a special teams and SS pickup. I thought Jerrell Powe would go here for sure. If you're not starting in the secondary your football life is in danger for the Texans next year with all these picks.

Profootball weekly report:

Positives: Thickly built with natural mass bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times at the Combine. Drops downhill hard and craves contact. Understands run fits and is a solid tackler. Surprisingly good feet and short-area quickness tested the best of any safety in the short shuttle (3.9 seconds) and 3-cone drill (6.55 seconds) at the Combine. Intense competitor. Good football temperament. Football-smart. Has a special-teams coverage mentality and good run strength.

Negatives: Has short arms and does not have a cut physique carrying a soft midsection and nearly 20 percent body fat, easily the highest of any defensive back at the Combine. Tight-hipped with below-average speed and suddenness. Limited range and cover skills. Does not intimidate physically. Average leaping ability. Instincts and diagnostic skills are just average freelances too much, takes chances and gives up some big plays. Has a sense of entitlement that could rub some people the wrong way.

Summary: Tightly wound, physical, intense downhill safety best utilized as an extra linebacker in the box. Is not as athletic or as well-conditioned as Ravens 08 third-rounder Tom Zbikowski but similarly projects as an effective run defender and core special-teams player.

NFL projection: Fourth- to fifth-round pick.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

From mojo's post:

Quote:
Willing to take out the legs of charging offensive linemen and trust his teammates to make the easy tackle.
WTH? WOW!

Willing to dive at blockers' legs and free up other tacklers to make the play.

That's awesomeness. Just submarine a blocker on a sweep/toss or on a screen pass, taking the blocker out of the picture, and letting others come in and nab the carrier.

I luv it.
Old 04-30-2011   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
#1 he is a football player, kinda of the common theme in Wade Phillips first draft as defensive coordinator. He will do what he's told when he's told not questions asked.
True, but do you see him as a player with starting potential? I know this late in the draft you dont try for home runs every pick, but we have needs at other positions. In my eyes, Keo tops out as a backup and ST guy. I dont dislike the pick, but I dont particularly like it either.
Old 04-30-2011   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gomes really?

Didn't think he would go this early, more of a safety/LB tweener.

Prefer Hagg.

Go Big Red anyway!
Old 04-30-2011   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

I would say that almost every starter on offense is safe and has a job.

Nobody on defense is safe. Maybe Mario is, that'd be an exception I guess.

So many picks on defense. Wow.
Old 04-30-2011   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Never heard of him, I guess its time to do some research.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
On the fence. I like going to the safety position, but I am not a fan of Keo. While he is an effort guy, he is not physically gifted. He tops out as a ST/backup guy.

EDIT- Again, typing too fast. I left the "h" off of his name. Shiloh Keo
my eval too, I am aware of him but not on my board. Hope he plays ST
Old 04-30-2011   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

McShay loves him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read