Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the pick
I like the pick 30 47.62%
I dislike the pick 2 3.17%
On the fence 31 49.21%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rashad Carmichael- What do you think?

Go.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #2
texans90
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Rasdad Carmichael- What do you think?

I like it because I got to watch him play numerous times at VT but I know people won't like it cuz we took another CB
texans90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm on the fence because we do need secondary help, and we need to run some of our old CBs out of town, But I was hoping for a different position. At least it wasn't TE though
Old 04-30-2011   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Burton was rated slightly higher, but knew Carmichael was one of the few Texans where interested in, think they interviewed him one on one @ the combine. I do like the position addressed, think they killed it on CB's.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

His draft video on nfl.com makes him look awesome! Probably just like every other video on there. Haha... But they said he ran a 4.39 in his pro day, and he's a film junkie. He canceled his cable subscription so that he'll watch more game tape. It also said he was a 3rd round projections. Seems like a solid pick.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #6
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Special teams player, possible fit as a safety. I don't think he has the speed to be a CB

Profootball weekly report:

Positives: Plays the ball well in front of him and will jump routes. Smooth mover with good fluidity and can ride the hip of receivers. Good production on the ball notched 10 interceptions the past two seasons and has good hands and body control to adjust in air. Attacks the ball like a receiver. Competitive run-support defender. Has a blue-collar mentality. Lines up as a jammer. Cares about the game and puts the time in to work on his craft.

Negatives: Lacks elite long speed to carry receivers down the field. Not explosive out of his breaks and has average recovery speed and burst to function outside a short area. Not a physical tackler gives up yards after contact and takes some questionable angles. Has a 31-inch vertical jump.

Summary: Can contribute right away on special teams. Has the toughness, competitiveness and short-area burst to step into a bigger role in a defense that features predominantly zone coverage.

NFL projection: Fourth- to fifth-round pick.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bah, just realized I made a typo on his name in the title. If a mod could fix it, I would be much obliged. Rashad, not Rasdad.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
Special teams player, possible fit as a safety. I don't think he has the speed to be a CBProfootball weekly report:

Positives: Plays the ball well in front of him and will jump routes. Smooth mover with good fluidity and can ride the hip of receivers. Good production on the ball notched 10 interceptions the past two seasons and has good hands and body control to adjust in air. Attacks the ball like a receiver. Competitive run-support defender. Has a blue-collar mentality. Lines up as a jammer. Cares about the game and puts the time in to work on his craft.

Negatives: Lacks elite long speed to carry receivers down the field. Not explosive out of his breaks and has average recovery speed and burst to function outside a short area. Not a physical tackler gives up yards after contact and takes some questionable angles. Has a 31-inch vertical jump.

Summary: Can contribute right away on special teams. Has the toughness, competitiveness and short-area burst to step into a bigger role in a defense that features predominantly zone coverage.

NFL projection: Fourth- to fifth-round pick.
4.39 in 40 isn't cb speed to you??
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't know anything about this guy.

I did look up some information:

Quote:
Carmichael has plenty of speed, which is the most important commodity in the NFL. He has fluid hips and very good agility to mirror wide receivers in man coverage and shows the ability to recognize tendencies and jump routes in zone coverage.
I also notice this on Brandon Harris
Quote:
Harris is a true gamer that is at his best when the lights are on and he has the tools to become a starting cornerback at the next level. He excels in man coverage, as he is explosive with an elite closing burst and he has very fluid hips to maintain speed in transition
We might be looking to change our coverage philosophy.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
4.39 in 40 isn't cb speed to you??
There is playing speed and track speed. I think he has more track speed.

This is the first pick this year I dont love. I dont dislike it, I just think we could have gone elsewhere. NT, FS, ILB, OL, WR, QB, are all positions I would have preferred to pick here.
Old 04-30-2011   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rashad Carmichael- What do you think?

I'm on the fence with this guy. Could be good, could be bad.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on the fence only because I know nothing of this player and I was hoping for a safety. I'm not going to complain about them adding bodies to the secondary. I like the idea of switching to man coverage if that is what they are trying to do.
Old 04-30-2011   #13
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Go.
I aint twan to be moldin' my pick with an eye towards getting rid of any particular player, but that doesn't mean the Texans might not force Herr Rick to mc man up on the issue.
Old 04-30-2011   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

More than anything this pick tells me the Texans are moving Quinn to FS. That's #1. It relieves some of the pressure off Brandon Harris creating more competition, hence depth @ CB. I also did not realize that Carmichael ran that fast (4.39) @ his pro day, my draft guide (ourlads) had him listed with his combine time of 4.56. I like his interception production too, having 10 during the past two seasons puts him into elite company. I understand the pick, think its solid, Texans have two 5th rd. picks to address safety & nose tackle

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
More than anything this pick tells me the Texans are moving Quinn to FS. That's #1. It relieves some of the pressure off Brandon Harris creating more competition, hence depth @ CB. I also did not realize that Carmichael ran that fast (4.39) @ his pro day, my draft guide (ourlads) had him listed with his combine time of 4.56. I like his interception production too, having 10 during the past two seasons puts him into elite company. I understand the pick, think its solid, Texans have two 5th rd. picks to address safety & nose tackle
That sounds good.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
i agree. Everyone is on notice in the secondary with these 2 picks..as they should be.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rather have had a DT or another LB but he seems like a solid enough prospect.
Old 04-30-2011   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the first pick I'm not emphatically clapping my hands for. I think it's a fine selection and I like that we've addressed our DB needs with two quality prospects.

I've obviously overvalued my guy Carter whose still on the board. Guess Wade doesn't like him as much as me. I like te trade down getting us two 5ths though!!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I just don't know anything about this guy.

We might be looking to change our coverage philosophy.
You're funny!

You have to have a philosophy to change it.
Old 04-30-2011   #20
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
There is playing speed and track speed. I think he has more track speed.

This is the first pick this year I dont love. I dont dislike it, I just think we could have gone elsewhere. NT, FS, ILB, OL, WR, QB, are all positions I would have preferred to pick here.
Thanks for answering that, everything I saw on him was above 4.5 on the 40

Not a bad pick just everything past the 3rd round you have your fingers crossed on them. A bit surprised they went defense again and they are definitely setting up competition for the secondary, I'm just hoping they don't give up on bring in some vets to help school all these kids.

By the way, whenever your 40 time gets cut by over .1 seconds and almost .2, you have to check to see who's holding the timer especially when its the schools pro day.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read