Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2005   #1
H-TownRules
Veteran

Question Who Will We Pick? (give the name only please)

Alright, its a week before the draft and I just wanna know who everyone thinks we will get (or end up with)... No explanations are needed (nor do I really want them) Just wantin' to see what everyone thinks

My pick: Carnell "Cadillac" Williams
Old 04-17-2005   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ware is the one. I would prefere Roger more.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Alex Barron
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Shawne Merriman
Old 04-17-2005   #5
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Cedric Benson
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #6
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
Aaron Rodgers
I hope thats all part of a bigger plan?
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #7
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs up

Thomas Davis
Old 04-17-2005   #8
Dime
Hall of Fame

Antrel Rolle
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMarcus Ware, but I'd be happy with pretty much anyone not named Alex Barron
Old 04-17-2005   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Did Barron steal your lunch money, or what?

If Dom gets his way, the pick is Ware.

Looking for nicknames...DMW, TupperWare (he seals in the QB), BeWare, HardWare...
Old 04-17-2005   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

carlos rogers

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Is there a realistic possibility that we take Ware with our 13th pick ? I mean
I'm not here to dis the guy, I don't know too much about him other than he
is from a smaller/non-major school who played DE in college - much like
the background Jason Babin had. Jason by most accounts did well last year considering the huge transition he had to make, but would we really do this project thing 2 years in a row. And this time with our top pick in the draft. And would we really use our top pick on someone to compete with Peek for that weakside OLB spot ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas Davis.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #14
Caw Daddy
Rookie

Default DeWare <---better nickname

1)Derrick Johnson
2)Antrel Rolle
3)Troy Williamson
4)Thomas Davis
5)Pac-Man Jones
6)Shawne Merriman
7)Carlos Rogers
Caw Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Did Barron steal your lunch money, or what?
Yeah, Alex Barron came to Houston and stole my lunch money when I was in fourth grade...It was a traumatic experience ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Is there a realistic possibility that we take Ware with our 13th pick ? I mean
I'm not here to dis the guy, I don't know too much about him other than he
is from a smaller/non-major school who played DE in college - much like
the background Jason Babin had. Jason by most accounts did well last year considering the huge transition he had to make, but would we really do this project thing 2 years in a row. And this time with our top pick in the draft. And would we really use our top pick on someone to compete with Peek for that weakside OLB spot ?
It's a very realistic possibilty that we take Ware at 13...He dominated "premier" O-Lineman Khalif Barnes at the Senior Bowl and looked good when the South team put him in at LB...Had he played at a bigger school, he would likely be a top 10 pick, but then again, he may go as early as 11 this year...

I'm pretty sure Peek will start next year regardless of whether we take Ware or not...Ware would likely take over Peek's situational duties his rookie year and then we'd go from there, but Peek has gotten injured in both of his seasons in the NFL and if he goes down, the talent level of our LB corps goes down...Wong would move back outside and Polk would start in the middle, which would be a drop off IMO...Behind Peek we currently have Charlie Anderson, Tim Cheatwood, and DD Ancholonu, and I don't think any of them would be ready to make much of an impact next season...Either Ware or Merriman would be a wise pick for us, and Ware has better pure speed, which is what we want to add to our LB corps...We may be able to get a good tweener later in the draft, but I'm not sure that tweener would be as good as Ware, unless of course it was Darryl Blackstock ...
Old 04-17-2005   #16
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Pacman Jones
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #17
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

cedric benson
Old 04-17-2005   #18
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Me.....hehe...no really I think we'll pick Antrell Rolle.
Old 04-17-2005   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

David Pollack
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #20
GoBlue
Rookie

David Pollack
GoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read