Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Wade get us to the playoffs?
yes 61 84.72%
no 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wade - Will he do it for us?

The first three picks are defensive players Wade wanted. So, looking forward to our season (if there is one) we have more to talk about now.

Do you think Wade is going to get the job done based on his past history and these draft picks?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade - Will he do it for us?

I voted no.

Wade will improve the defense.

However I still think Indy is the best horse in this race and won't bet against Peyton.

Which leaves us racing for a WC spot and there is no gaurantees there.
Old 04-29-2011   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The first three picks are defensive players Wade wanted. So, looking forward to our season (if there is one) we have more to talk about now.

Do you think Wade is going to get the job done based on his past history and these draft picks?
dude can run a defense and he is getting tools to wreck havoc, we just need this D to be respectable. i'm sure he can do that now
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 121477 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wade will do fine. I thought it before the draft. Not to stir the pot, it's not Wade at his current position I'm worried about.
Old 04-29-2011   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Improvement, yes. Playoffs, no. That's not to say we won't be trending upward going into 2012. The youth on D will need a year under their belts, I think.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I clicked yes because I'm sick.

Sick with optomism. Cursed optomism.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I said yes for two reasons. Wade's history is quick turnarounds on the defense before reality sets in. And, it's do or die for the Kubster this year. I think Kubiak will do whatever is necessary, including turning a blind eye to Wade and just turning him lose.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2011   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

What the hell why not. Voted yes.
Old 04-29-2011   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing Wade brings to our coaching staff that's been sorely missed...

A sense of humor.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #10
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the defense will be better. The offense will be no better if they don't get another good wr. AJ great but no help therefore he can be semi shut down. KW no real threat. Good hands not good after the catch, no break away threat. Anderson not shifty enough after catch. Jones is unreliable and mental. DD are you serious. Unless they pu a 1b veteran wr in fa the improvement in defense will show just how poor our offense is. Part will be the players , most wil be coaching. Just when Texans thought they had their running game in order after Slaton's first year and it blew up on them the next year. I think we will see the same in the offense this year. Don't get me wrong I think they are very close offensively, but they will do nothing substantial to improve the offense. The coaching staff is too quick to think they are good in an area and stand pat. In reality they look good on the offense only because they are so BAD on defense. Kinda of like if you have a broken wrist but then have your other arm ripped off you forget about the broken wrist.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #11
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote no because Kubiak will be fired after the first half of the season (if there is one) and Wade will take over head coaching. We've seen what a brilliant head coach he is.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the Maybe seletion.

I think a lot of it comes down to what they do in FA , how well they can solve the personel issues caused by the switch to the 34 to go along with the lack of talent on the back end ....

Thus far they have drafted (IMO) -

A DE who will split time and play DT on passing downs.

A solid enough OLB who should start.

A CB who will likely contribute on ST and as a nickle back.

Still missing starters at FS and SS (or CB pending Quin's move to FS) and depth at OLB on the defensive side.

On offense , they need a better second option at WR and a FB .... possibly some depth top the tackle positions.

Lots of questions remain for our 2011 Texans .... if they actually have a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I vote no because Kubiak will be fired after the first half of the season (if there is one) and Wade will take over head coaching. We've seen what a brilliant head coach he is.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say the Texans win 12 games this season pending Wade can put the defense in the middle of the pack. (even with what looks like a brutal schedule) Gary gets a contract extension .... like it or not.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #13
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I think the defense will be better. The offense will be no better if they don't get another good wr. AJ great but no help therefore he can be semi shut down. KW no real threat. Good hands not good after the catch, no break away threat. Anderson not shifty enough after catch. Jones is unreliable and mental. DD are you serious. Unless they pu a 1b veteran wr in fa the improvement in defense will show just how poor our offense is. Part will be the players , most wil be coaching. Just when Texans thought they had their running game in order after Slaton's first year and it blew up on them the next year. I think we will see the same in the offense this year. Don't get me wrong I think they are very close offensively, but they will do nothing substantial to improve the offense. The coaching staff is too quick to think they are good in an area and stand pat. In reality they look good on the offense only because they are so BAD on defense. Kinda of like if you have a broken wrist but then have your other arm ripped off you forget about the broken wrist.
I think the Offense has a chance to be better in 2011 if we retain Leach. OD has healed more, and we get to try out our 2010 2nd round pick, if we sign a decent FA WR our Offense will be just fine!!!!
Old 04-29-2011   #14
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted a skeptical, but hopeful yes, I am not worried about our offense (sure, improvement would be nice but.....), even a marginal improvement on defense should do wonders for our team. Regardless of who we play.

Besides, Manning is getting up there, someones eventually going to dethrone them, MUCH better us than the Jags or God forbid the team I hate so much I wont even mention them.
Old 04-30-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If I clicked 'no', I would not be inclined to watch any games this year... or whenever we have games again.
Old 04-30-2011   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. I think we win the division this year. Colts have a much tougher schedule too. AFC South champs = Texans
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #17
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I think the Offense has a chance to be better in 2011 if we retain Leach. OD has healed more, and we get to try out our 2010 2nd round pick, if we sign a decent FA WR our Offense will be just fine!!!!
I agree 100% with you on what you said. I would like to add that the offensive coaching needs to look at last year and learn from it. My fear is that retaining Leach, signing a FA WR and better coaching on the offensive side may not happen.

I do think the defense will be better (not hard to do), but unless the offense improves also I do not think it will improve enough for us to make the playoffs.

No I don't want Wade as our new Head Coach. Interim fine.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though Wade is obviously improving our defense with these picks, I think the biggest problem keeping the Texans out of the playoffs is the coaching from Kubiak. The cutesy things Kubiak likes to do on gameday, and the way he tries to "outsmart" opponents and not getting the team ready to play is still my biggest concern, even with a good draft so far.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #19
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Steve Smith anyone???

Ocho Cinco???

I would LOVE either one.
Old 04-30-2011   #20
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Yes. I think we win the division this year. Colts have a much tougher schedule too. AFC South champs = Texans
I like this because optimism and good attitudes are few and far between on this board.

rep and agreed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read