Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2011   #81
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 3 - 60: Brandon "Blanket" Harris

Dunno if this has been mentioned. Thought I'd share

Quote:
Their primary targets were presumably Ras-I Dowling and Aaron Williams, the first two players off the board on Friday. The Steelers were "all ready" to draft Brandon Harris late in the round, only to see the Texans trade up to steal him. Tackle Marcus Gilbert was Plan B for Pittsburgh.
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football
Old 05-02-2011   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Good info. I'll probably get torched for this, but I don't think KJ is a bust yet. I'm a believer in the 3 year rule of thumb for grading drafts and draft picks. On that note, I hope Kubes learned a lesson and doesn't throw Harris to the wolves unless he's shown he's ready.

Kubiak was on the radio recently and he said that he sees Harris as an immediate option to play the nickel.

That doesn't sound like too big of a role for him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #83
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper has a serious case of A.D.D. or maybe multiple personality disorder.

On air he put the Texans on blast for the Harris pick during his reaction, then turned around and called it a "particularly good value pick" in his grades.

I liked the pick personally.

When I saw we had traded up I was like "We just grabbed Harris!*high five*"

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #84
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Harris pick, and think that he could start off as the nickel without much of a problem. That said, I would feel a lot better if the lockout ends so these young players can get into camp.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #85
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Kiper has a serious case of A.D.D. or maybe multiple personality disorder.

On air he put the Texans on blast for the Harris pick during his reaction, then turned around and called it a "particularly good value pick" in his grades.

I liked the pick personally.

When I saw we had traded up I was like "We just grabbed Harris!*high five*"
That's because on TV John Gruden called him out. John Gruden even said something to the affect of 'why are you so upset. You are just picking on the Texans. Give them a break. They already have a very good offense and they've had a great draft today.'
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #86
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I love the Harris pick, and think that he could start off as the nickel without much of a problem. That said, I would feel a lot better if the lockout ends so these young players can get into camp.
I agree Harris will be a great nickelback his rookie season. I think Harris was a great pick and should be a fixture for this team at nickel and possibly 2 years down the road he could be a solid starter.
Old 05-02-2011   #87
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That's because on TV John Gruden called him out. John Gruden even said something to the affect of 'why are you so upset. You are just picking on the Texans. Give them a break. They already have a very good offense and they've had a great draft today.'
And then a little later on another program, Kiper picked us to go to the playoffs.

I just kept seeing that clip where he said there was no way that David Carr or Joey Harrington would be busts.

We're doomed.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2011   #88
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And then a little later on another program, Kiper picked us to go to the playoffs.

I just kept seeing that clip where he said there was no way that David Carr or Joey Harrington would be busts.

We're doomed.
Well to make you feel better, he at first didn't like our draft. He also didn't like our 2006 draft.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read