Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Brandon Harris
I like the pick 95 89.62%
I dislike the pick 3 2.83%
Meh, no real emotions 8 7.55%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Harris- Do you approve?

Trade up cost our 3rd and 5th
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris- Do you approve?

only time will tell i guess! I like the pick
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #3
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

As Mike Mayock says, there's nobody after him.

We had to have another corner.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. Only corner left with immediate playing ability.
Old 04-29-2011   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was worth the 5th rounder to get him. With Smith's history I'd rather have less picks than more.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the player....just not really the pick/trade up.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. Veteran FA CB as our 1, Kareem Jackson as our 2, Brandon Harris as our Nickle and Glover Quin as our FS.

Brandon was the last of the "better" CBs and we only gave up our 5th to move up like half around almost. Still have the 4th

Watt
Reed
Harris

shaping up nicely guys!!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm loving this draft.

Haven't seen a pick that I'm not happy with....

Of course these guys have to go out on the field and prove it, but man...We got some players...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I like the player....just not really the pick/trade up.
It had to be done though, if the FO wanted a corner that could play a big role this season. Basically we lost the 5th, and Harris is our 3rd. Harris is worth that.
Old 04-29-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I like it. Only corner left with immediate playing ability.
Exactly, I am so pumped. My draft is made. Harris is the cover type CB we need. I think QUin can be FS and if we get a nose in 4th....

Any chance we go back up into round three? Last season, SMith made some trades. Draft continues as as a solid A
Old 04-29-2011   #11
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Id say the trade was well worth it. Getting a great player at a major area of need that should be able to play day 1. Hell, getting 3 starters on defense with the first 3 picks is pretty decent. Add Barwin and Ryans (if they can get healthy) and you basically update the defense with 5 starters. And let`s not forget that we actually have a DC now that knows what he is doing. Our D should improve signifanctly. In the 4th Im praying for Deunta Williams.

The only downside: I think our efforts to get Aso took a major hit. And we still need that veteran back there to help all those young corners. Perhaps we can get Taylor.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #12
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

This draft is crazy good in my opinion. We got 3 guys that can make immediate contributions all throughout our defense. Basically all we had to give up to draft Harris was that TE we would have drafted in the 5th round
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Exactly, I am so pumped. My draft is made. Harris is the cover type CB we need. I think QUin can be FS and if we get a nose in 4th....

Any chance we go back up into round three? Last season, SMith made some trades. Draft continues as as a solid A
I knew you would be pleased.

I would prefer to stay put tonight, unless a good offer comes through. There are still a lot of talented players left, I think we will get one in the 4th.
Old 04-29-2011   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hit no emotion because I really like the idea getting a ready-made corner but don't too much like this particular 2-for-1 deal (too many ways it could go). Again, no real problems.
Old 04-29-2011   #15
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean the price isn't too stiff...I guess it was necessary to move up and get their man. I guess I'm just wary of the Texans actually showing some huevos.
Old 04-29-2011   #16
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what it say on NFL.com:

"His press skills are still raw, but he is a strong kid with a tireless work ethic and he should be a mid-to-late first round pick."

Tireless work ethic? I see a pattern here... and mid to late first round pick? Not bad... not bad at all. We basically got 3 potential first round picks.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #17
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
This draft is crazy good in my opinion. We got 3 guys that can make immediate contributions all throughout our defense. Basically all we had to give up to draft Harris was that TE we would have drafted in the 5th round
Ha, now I have no problem with the trade!!
Old 04-29-2011   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
It was worth the 5th rounder to get him. With Smith's history I'd rather have less picks than more.
Yeah, but this year the dude is pulling a lame duck Charlie Casserly 2006 draft out of his ass.

We're hitting on every pick and are having one of the best drafts so far! I LOVE IT!
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #19
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

So apparently all we have to do is seriously threaten our GMs about getting fired, and they remember how to draft. Looks like we will be getting a new GM every year.

I love the pick, I am surprised he lasted as long as he did, and love that we traded up to go after him. As for the vet, with the chargers getting a new DB, I hope that means they let weddle go. He is young-ish, but I would love to have him back there.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
So apparently all we have to do is seriously threaten our GMs about getting fired, and they remember how to draft. Looks like we will be getting a new GM every year.

I love the pick, I am surprised he lasted as long as he did, and love that we traded up to go after him. As for the vet, with the chargers getting a new DB, I hope that means they let weddle go. He is young-ish, but I would love to have him back there.
We have no idea who Smith or Gary would have drafted. What this tells me is McNair believes Wade knows who he wants to turn defense around and McNair has given him the authority.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read