Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the pick?
I like the pick 99 67.81%
I dislike the pick 7 4.79%
Meh, I am neutral. 40 27.40%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2012   #101
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt- Do you like the pick, or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I hope you're right. LIke I said I've looked at small samples of him, but he doesn't looks explosive or quick at all to me, and that's one of the biggst key factors for lineman.
Quoting my own post here. Lol!

I wasn't thrilled with the pick, but I didn't really rush any type of judgement because I hadn't ever watched in college and just saw samples of him on film. He didn't look that explosive, but boy am I happy that he has been an amazing player. I see him being a great player for many years to come like Cushing and Barwin.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #102
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This was my reaction.

Cant believe anyone would not like this guy. He will bat down a ton of passes, never quit on a play, create all kinds problems on 3rd down in the middle. He is a incredible athlete. At 6'5" and 290 lb's he has the second fastest 10 yard split for defensive linemen and that included DE's.

And

This is the best move this franchise has made since drafting Andre Johnson.

I'm not surprised most people here liked the Watt pick. For the most part our members are the most passionate and most knowledgeable football fans around. That's why we are on here day in and day out. Even when I don't agree with a regular here I know I'm debating with real and knowledgeable football fan. Trying to have intelligent football conversation outside of this message board is like discusing physics with beauty pageant contestant.

Unfortunately winning will have a negative effect on his board. The more we win the more this board will be flooded with typical no nothing bandwagon fans who flood the board with crap everyday. It happened on clutch and I can hardly stand to go there anymore.

Wow sorry about that last ranting paragraph. That came out of the blue. Anyway this thread is just proof that the best and smartest texans fans are right here. Enjoy this moment texanstalk brothers and sisters it will never get better here than it is right now!
Seems like the bandwagoners are at the "official" board.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #103
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they stay there!
Old 01-11-2012   #104
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt is beast and he has transformed our 3 Down Lineman Crew and them very difficult to deal with.
Old 01-11-2012   #105
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

This pick is horrible, what a bust!

OH, JJ Watt And here I just read JJ and thought you were talking about Jacoby Jones...dang it!
Old 01-11-2012   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
This pick is horrible, what a bust!

OH, JJ Watt And here I just read JJ and thought you were talking about Jacoby Jones...dang it!
Jacoby was what, a 4th round pick. I think he's more than saisfies his draft spot. I understand some folks are upset that he was signed to a 3rd receivers' contract, even though he is living up to that as well.
Old 01-11-2012   #107
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

we should of never taken Watt what a waste of a pick

The above post is sarcastic
Old 01-11-2012   #108
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Seems fitting he has 99 likes. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #109
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Jacoby was what, a 4th round pick. I think he's more than saisfies his draft spot. I understand some folks are upset that he was signed to a 3rd receivers' contract, even though he is living up to that as well.
Come on Kyss, I was being dually facetious!! I love Jacoby man. He's either an exciting run back or a loss of 5 yards on the return waiting to happen!! Now that is unpredictable!!
Old 01-12-2012   #110
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Connor Barwin gave Watt a new nickname. The Milk Man.

https://twitter.com/#!/ConnorBarwin98

Quote:
ATTENTION TEXANS FANS: JJ Watt's new nickname is "The Milk Man"....because he always delivers! (and he's white) @JJWatt

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #111
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He was a 3rd round draft pick. IMO, rounds 1-3 should be starters. The earlier they're drafted, the earlier they should be expected to start.
Old 01-12-2012   #112
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Seems fitting he has 99 likes. LOL
I suggest a mod close the voting before that goes to 100...
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read