Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the pick?
I like the pick 99 67.81%
I dislike the pick 7 4.79%
Meh, I am neutral. 40 27.40%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011   #61
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt- Do you like the pick, or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Anybody watch Parcells draft special? They showed glimpses of the board. JJ Watt was at the top of his group. I assume that is was his actual draft board. I sure hope it was.
Ok looked on replay

DE
Watt
Bowers
Heyward
jordan
Quinn
Claybourne
first round

Bailey
Acho
mid-low 2nd

But wait under DC he had Prince above Peterson
Something not right!!!
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #62
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this guy in the Texans War Room?

NFL Official: Who's your pick Rick?

Rick Smith: Pri....(Interupted by loud noise)

Lil Jon (In the back ground): WHAAATTTT????

NFL Official: JJ Watt?

Rick Smith: No, no, no, no.....

NFL Official: Then who is the pick?

Lil Jon: WWWHAAATTTT?

NFL Official: JJ Watt Defensive End from Wisconsin?

Rick Smith: No, no, our pick is Nebra......

Lil Jon: WHHAAATTTT?

NFL Official: That's you pick?

Lil Jon: YYEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!
Old 04-30-2011   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF is that shit in his mouth .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #64
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Per Sean on 1560, we as Texans fans should yell What? Everytime he makes a tackle or gets a sack...

Anouncer: "On the tackle #99 JJ Watt."

Crowd: "What?!?!?"
Arrrrrrrgh please no.

I hate that shit enough in wrestling.

Though the thought "1.21 JJ Watts!" crossed my mind.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #65
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

i don't like the pick but i like the player. i felt we had enough at DL and was willing to see how Wade's new system improved their performance. Obviously, the Texans brass felt they needed more.

i wanted Quinn or Prince, so I didn't like the pick. JJ Watt, the player, I do like.

I liked the 2nd Round pick in Reed and I liked the trade up because it only cost us a 5th to move up quite a ways. Belichik was obviously not enamored with anyone too much to trade for so little compensation.

As much as I may not have liked the selection, I do feel more secure with Wade identifying defensive talent. Lord knows that Rick and Gary were incompetent at doing that.

GO TEXANS

I do understand the Texans passing over Quinn for medical reasons, and it was refreshing to hear that they liked him but just couldn't pull trigger due to tumor. At least they knew the guy was the best guy on the board...and he was.
Old 05-22-2011   #66
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #67
H.C.4100-Bloc
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 H.C.4100-Bloc is a Pro BowlerH.C.4100-Bloc is a Pro Bowler

Good pick,should start rookie year.
H.C.4100-Bloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2011   #68
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Time will tell
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like the player.

But I'm still confused about what Wade wants to do. Moving Mario to OLB & some of the things Wade has said, makes me think they had their eye on someone else, a better 3-4 OLB prospect than Brooks Reed.

But then they pick Brooks Reed anyway.

So we've got Mario standing up, Watt playing the 5 tech, Barwin/Reed playing the SAM. But... we'll be moving Cushing to SAM on occasion as well.

Again, I like Reed as well....... & I do love a potent DL rotation.....

I'm just really, really confused.
Old 05-24-2011   #70
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Watt a lot, but I still think they should have traded up.

I think Mario will be fine if he is rushing the QB 95% of the time, but I am not sold on Barwin nor Reed being the answer at the other OLB spot. I also am curious to see how Demeco looks coming off injury.

Plus, I think the 5-2 is susceptible to giving up big passing plays..

Ideally I would have liked to select a stud OLB and let MArio stay at DE and play a more traditional 3-4. But que sara sara.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a VIDEO that NFL.com has just posted. It's titled "EVERYTHING TO PROVE." It's about JJ Watt.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #72
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here is a VIDEO that NFL.com has just posted. It's titled "EVERYTHING TO PROVE." It's about JJ Watt.
Kid's a beast. Plus his mom is kinda hot too......at least in that one shot....
Old 07-02-2011   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain writes a piece for ESPN which includes comments that, if correct, leaves me somewhat disturbed.

Quote:
Watt may have been drafted too high, but he is a great fit in the 3-4 scheme and should start as a rookie. He is a tall, long-armed lineman with good strength and excellent toughness, but he lacks the explosiveness and elite athleticism to be an impact pass rusher in the NFL.
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1QxA17Nzl
Old 07-02-2011   #74
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
John McClain writes a piece for ESPN which includes comments that, if correct, leaves me somewhat disturbed.

He is wrong on both accounts

1) Everything I heard in these parts was that Watts was very high on the 3-4 cowboys boards and would have been a serious contender at #9 if the OT was not there.

2) Watts combine numbers were above average in every category including speed and explosion drills for DEs while he was one of the larger players at the position in the combine. They were closer to Mario williams's insane workout than a guy with average physical skils.
Old 07-02-2011   #75
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
He is wrong on both accounts

1) Everything I heard in these parts was that Watts was very high on the 3-4 cowboys boards and would have been a serious contender at #9 if the OT was not there.

2) Watts combine numbers were above average in every category including speed and explosion drills for DEs while he was one of the larger players at the position in the combine. They were closer to Mario williams's insane workout than a guy with average physical skils.
This is why I posted these comments.............they basically came out of nowhere from McClain. McClain is getting me increasingly uncomfortable with his reporting.........not that I have really ever felt very warm and comfy with it. Seems like he has gotten more and more focused on putting attention (through wild guesses that don't make sense or "sources" that more resemble Harvey the rabbit) on himself, rather than on accurately reporting the facts and the Texans' true "state of the union."
Old 07-02-2011   #76
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What's even more disturbing is the depth chart below the piece. McClain had to have given them that depth chart.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011   #77
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What's even more disturbing is the depth chart below the piece. McClain had to have given them that depth chart.

Dang sure, the Texans didn't.
Old 07-13-2011   #78
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt's latest tweet...

Quote:
Success is not owned, it's rented and rent is due everyday. #DBWH
Dang, I hope this guy will walk the talk.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
JJ Watt's latest tweet...

Dang, I hope this guy will walk the talk.
Yep, I read his tweets all the time. He sounds like an awesome guy and definitely works his butt off. Like you, I hope he pans out for us. He sounds like he will
Old 07-13-2011   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is exactly what I noticed about him when watching him on film. Granted I didn't really watch him in college though. But on film this guy just looks like an average player to me with a high motor. I didn't see the explosiveness off the line that I like to see out of an NFL DE. That worries me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read