Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2011   #41
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZReportDraft
Said scout: "They won't take Jordan. He's the best player but they will go with safe guy like JJ Watt. Good player but not great"

Low-ceiling, safe-pick that can contribute tomorrow. KJack V.2?
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #42
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't remember for certain but I think he was Parcell's top DE if you watched his draft special on ESPN. Can anyone confirm that?

I would have loved Quinn but I had a feeling he was off the board for us, Watt could wind up being a really nice player. Will be interesting to see how they mix the bodies to get him on the field.
Old 04-28-2011   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
This pick does not thrill me one bit, seems to be a reach.
I definitely don't think this is a reach. I'm sure someone would have taken him early.

I just don't think he is a good fit for the Texans. When we were we took Mario in 2006, we talked about how it didn't make sense to take a DE so early in the first round for a 3-4 defense.
Old 04-28-2011   #44
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe he blocks a lot of kicks too...

If you ever watched Wisconsin play you will know and like Watt.
Old 04-28-2011   #45
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Watch Wade turn Watt into an NT.
Wade said at the draft party that Watt will play situational nose when it's obvious passing downs. Said Mario may be a rush linebacker at times as well.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Heres the bottom line; the only way to compete in the NFL is to get after the QB (specifically Peyton). I appreciate the committment to it and to continue to do what it takes to put Manning on the ground. Thats the only way we will be able to compete.
Marcus Spears has been Dallas' best DE for the last 6 years. He has 8 sacks total.
Old 04-28-2011   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When we were we took Mario in 2006, we talked about how it didn't make sense to take a DE so early in the first round for a 3-4 defense.
We weren't a 3-4 D when the Mario pick was made. They had already announced conversion to 4-3.
Old 04-28-2011   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Best pick we could have made at 11. I am freaking thrilled. Strong, athletic, with a blue collar work ethic. As safe a player as there is in this draft.
Hopefully this is Wades 1st attempt to change the culture of the Texans defense.

Antonio/MW this is notice, the party is over.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #49
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a thread from draftcountdown dedicated solely to J.J Watt; followed his entire 2010 season up until the draft.. love what I'm reading from it.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43311
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #50
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Marcus Spears has been Dallas' best DE for the last 6 years. He has 8 sacks total.
Not sure I understand what your saying.
Old 04-28-2011   #51
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Z. Nailed the pick

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba..._board_my.html
Old 04-28-2011   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Wade said at the draft party that Watt will play situational nose when it's obvious passing downs. Said Mario may be a rush linebacker at times as well.
I've seen him swat double teams like flies. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade has found his strong, quick NT..............and he's SMALL too!!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #53
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Watt
"Everybody here tells me my job will be to help sack Peyton Manning," Watt said about the Indianapolis quarterback. "It's a great day to be a Texan. I can't wait to get there and start learning the defense.

"I'm happy to play outside or inside. I always give 100 percent because I think you're doing the game a disservice if you don't."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7542051.html

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #54
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

if he hits peyton week one i'm good
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Cameron Jordan is still on board. I knew he was over rated.
Old 04-28-2011   #56
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this pick is growing on me. At first it was meh but now it looks to be a good solid pick.

I mean it never hurts to have guys with a non-stop motor. We always talk about we need emotion and toughness on our defense, well this guy looks the part. The more Cushing/Ryans type of players we get on this team the better.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #57
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Cameron Jordan is still on board. I knew he was over rated.
Patriots are going to steal him

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #58
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I guess this pick is growing on me. At first it was meh but now it looks to be a good solid pick.

I mean it never hurts to have guys with a non-stop motor. We always talk about we need emotion and toughness on our defense, well this guy looks the part. The more Cushing/Ryans type of players we get on this team the better.
Might rub off on Mario....
Old 04-28-2011   #59
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9716 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't give a two shits if he never gets a single sack so long as he collapses the pocket and gets lots of pressure on the QB on a consistant basis.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #60
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Might rub off on Mario....
This is exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to start up some Mario debate. I also realize he was also hurt last year which may explain his disappearances at times.

But still other players on the Dline could learn a thing or two from guys like Cushing and apparently Watt *coughamobicough*
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read