Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2011   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22043 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Spreadsheet

As I've done the past few years, I put together a draft spreadsheet. I use this to follow the draft, and keep track of the "best" players remaining. I include rankings of players from 7 different sites, and you can adjust the relative weight of those (right now, I weight 4 of them equally, give one just 75% weight (since they only ranked the first 50 in order), and gave two just 25% weight, since I know less about them.

The "single sheet" version, which most people will probably prefer, is HERE. This is an older Excel format, and has a column you can enter in players as they are chosen. It does not have the raw data. Sheet 2 has the relative weighting for the 7 sites, and Sheet 3 has copied explanation of grades from two of the sites. It is currently sorted based on my weighting.

The "full" version, which has the raw data, including lots of hyperlinks and individual data (like height/weight/40/etc.) on the subsequent sheets, is available HERE. Use that if you want lots of details and to see how I put together the main sheet (note: it is not sorted).

All of the data is freely available data - I did not include anything like ESPN insider. The data was from the last couple of days (it says when I got it in the header line), but may not be the "final" version from each site.

I haven't had as much time to fix the sheet as usual, so there are probably some errors in places, but hopefully stuff near the top is accurate, at least. Let me know if you find errors, but I probably won't have time to fix much today unless it's something big.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Spreadsheet

Only 1971 players on your list? Weak Sauce.

No really, awesome job on this. Always appreciate your effort!
Old 04-28-2011   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is fantastic man. Thanks!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, great work! Rep sandwich for you!
Old 04-28-2011   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
As I've done the past few years, I put together a draft spreadsheet. I use this to follow the draft, and keep track of the "best" players remaining. I include rankings of players from 7 different sites, and you can adjust the relative weight of those (right now, I weight 4 of them equally, give one just 75% weight (since they only ranked the first 50 in order), and gave two just 25% weight, since I know less about them.

The "single sheet" version, which most people will probably prefer, is HERE. This is an older Excel format, and has a column you can enter in players as they are chosen. It does not have the raw data. Sheet 2 has the relative weighting for the 7 sites, and Sheet 3 has copied explanation of grades from two of the sites. It is currently sorted based on my weighting.

The "full" version, which has the raw data, including lots of hyperlinks and individual data (like height/weight/40/etc.) on the subsequent sheets, is available HERE. Use that if you want lots of details and to see how I put together the main sheet (note: it is not sorted).

All of the data is freely available data - I did not include anything like ESPN insider. The data was from the last couple of days (it says when I got it in the header line), but may not be the "final" version from each site.

I haven't had as much time to fix the sheet as usual, so there are probably some errors in places, but hopefully stuff near the top is accurate, at least. Let me know if you find errors, but I probably won't have time to fix much today unless it's something big.
Man I'd rep you 100 times if I could. THis is what I've been whishing for. Thanks man.
Old 04-28-2011   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Since the decertification and lockout process started, I haven't gone to NFL.com, ESPN.com, or watched NFL Network or ESPN (and affiliates), so I forgot, what is the precise time the draft starts so I can follow it on the MB?
Old 04-28-2011   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Since the decertification and lockout process started, I haven't gone to NFL.com, ESPN.com, or watched NFL Network or ESPN (and affiliates), so I forgot, what is the precise time the draft starts so I can follow it on the MB?
Starts around 8.
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2011   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

+ Rep.

I'm gonna strip out all but Goose's Top 100 --- simple minded.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #9
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22043 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Starts around 8.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is stated as starting at 7 Central Time (8 is for the Eastern time zone). Tomorrow, round 2 starts at 5 Central time, and Saturday round 4 starts at 11 a.m. Central time.
Old 04-28-2011   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is stated as starting at 7 Central Time (8 is for the Eastern time zone). Tomorrow, round 2 starts at 5 Central time, and Saturday round 4 starts at 11 a.m. Central time.
True that. I am on east coast time though, which is why I said 8. My bad dude.
Old 04-28-2011   #11
keyser
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
True that. I am on east coast time though, which is why I said 8. My bad dude.
Actually it looks like Brandon420tx is also on Eastern time, so I probably should have just not said anything!
Old 04-28-2011   #12
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

great stuff
you rock

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read