Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2011   #1
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Put your name on it, who do we take in the 1st round?

OK, nows your chance to show you're a great prognasticator, tell us who you think the Texans take. (Not who do you want them to take!!!)

Bonus Points: Do they trade up, do they trade down, stay in place, and who do they take.

I think we trade back and take JJ Watt. Don't know why it just came to me.

What say you Texans Talkers?????
Old 04-26-2011   #2
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Put your name on it, who do we take in the 1st round?

if we trade up, it's for patrick peterson

if we stay, we pick prince amukamura

if we trade back, we pick cameron jordan if we're still in the teens
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Cam Newton baby!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably Aldon Smith

Old 04-26-2011   #5
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Forgot to make a gratuitous TE joke......

"With the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers trade thier pick to the Houston Texans, Houston is now on the clock......."

3 minutes later...... "The Houston Texans select Kyle Rudolph with the 1st pick."

Ticker at the bottom of the TV scrolls: Houston trades thier 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks of the 2011 draft, and thier 2nd and 3rd in the 2012 draft along with Arian Foster, and undisclosed conditional 2013 picks.
Old 04-26-2011   #6
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Cam Newton baby!!
Yeh its time to start grooming Schaubs replacement!!! Hahahahaha.
Old 04-26-2011   #7
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Akeem Ayers
Old 04-26-2011   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they will trade down. I'm not sure how far, but I would guess that somewhere between pick 16-50 they will grab a safety or a CB that could convert... likely one of these guys:

Rahim Moore
Aaron Williams
Davon House

It is my belief that they are determined to upgrade CB through FA but may have some concern since they have no idea if/when that will happen. Given Quin's flexibility and the lack of depth at the safety position, dropping back and grabbing a safety or a tweener will appeal to them. With the wealth of pass rush talent available, I think Phillips will convince them they can get an impact guy or two well beyond the 11th pick.
Old 04-26-2011   #9
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its Aldon smith or DE from Cal
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan kerrigan OLB Purdue...just a feeling (I ususally wrong with those)
Old 04-26-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
if we trade up, it's for patrick peterson

if we stay, we pick prince amukamura
That's what I'm thinking. And I think the Cowboys outbid the Texans for Peterson.

Texans draft board:
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Robert Quinn
Prince Amukamara
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
Old 04-26-2011   #12
Tx Longhorn
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's what I'm thinking. And I think the Cowboys outbid the Texans for Peterson.

Texans draft board:
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Robert Quinn
Prince Amukamara
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
Unless Arizona decides they want nothing to do with Peterson in the NFC altogether.

Basically, to get Peterson they'd have to move up to five. I can't see Cleveland at six passing on him, even though they took Joe Haden last year.

To get Miller? Probably have to trade up to the #2 pick.
Tx Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Yeh its time to start grooming Schaubs replacement!!! Hahahahaha.
Eh, just being silly.

On a serious note right now I'd say that the Texans would draft Prince Amukamura if it happened today. A lot could change from now though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

aldon smith or robert quinn.... and i say aldon smith will be a texan in 48 hrs time
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #15
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

my guess being they trade back for akeem ayers
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #16
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 359 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope its not Aldon Smith. Don't know why I feel that way, but I really, really do.
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Texans draft board:
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Robert Quinn
Prince Amukamara
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
This looks pretty good to me. If Quinn gets taken at 10 or we pass on him at 11 I will be bitterly disappointed.
Old 04-27-2011   #18
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade up: Patrick Peterson
Stay put: Aldon Smith/Robert Quinn
Trade down: Akeem Ayers
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #19
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Prince Amukamura
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans select J.J. Watt, DE from Wisconsin.

I believe Cameron Jordan goes #9 to the Cowboys or another team that trades with them. With Julio Jones off the board, the Redskins select Aldon Smith. This leaves Watt for us at #11. If we trade down, even slightly, that opens up Minnesota, Detroit or even a team like San Diego (trade up) to snag him.

Watt will get PLENTY of playing time this season for those worried that he's not a "starter" because of Antonio Smith. Mario will have a banner year this season and sign a longterm contract making Watt-Mario our bookend 3-4 DEs of the future and the foundation of a DOMINANT front 7.

Texans look to add a 3-4 OLB in the 2nd round or trade up to select one. My eyes are on Brooks Reed for a trade up or Sam Acho if we stay put at #42. Ideally, I would then love to add Chris Carter from Fresno St. in the 3rd as an ILB/OLB guy but I'm afraid he won't be available at #73.

When it's all said and done, I expect Smith to possibly make a trade down in the first and could easily see him moving up in the 2nd and/or 3rd.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read