Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2011   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 'Dre is a class act, and ready to go!

Medically cleared. Link

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 'Dre is a class act, and ready to go!

I expected nothing less from AJ. He is the ultimate professional in everything he does. He might come back so strong that he breaks the 2,000 yd barrier.He might be surprised, but I wouldn't be. I just hope I didn't jinx him.
Old 04-26-2011   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is so special in many ways. The greatest player ever to play for the Texans!

Go AJ!!!
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Entering his ninth season... I absolutely HATE it when I even think of him getting older and closing in on retirement.... HATE it
Old 04-27-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Entering his ninth season... I absolutely HATE it when I even think of him getting older and closing in on retirement.... HATE it
The only thing that will make him think of retirement is perpetual losing. If we start winning, I can see him playing for quite a few years. Of course, we have to start winning first and he isn't getting any younger...
Old 04-27-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
AJ is so special in many ways. The greatest player ever to play for the Texans!

Go AJ!!!
Go Texans!!!
Quite possibly the greatest pro football player to ever play on a Houston franchise.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Quite possibly the greatest pro football player to ever play on a Houston franchise.
Second only to Jerry Rice at his position, in my mind. Unfortunately for us, this is a team sport.
Old 04-27-2011   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Second only to Jerry Rice at his position, in my mind. Unfortunately for us, this is a team sport.
Jerry Rice never played in Houston though.

I was talking about all NFL players that played in Houston. I think the only competition at this point would be Earl Campbell.
Old 04-27-2011   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I was talking about all NFL players that played in Houston. I think the only competition at this point would be Earl Campbell.
Wow. That's a whole other universe there. AJ hasn't made this city feel like it did when the Tyler Rose was carrying the rock. Win some playoff games, we can talk. I love AJ to death but he's no Earl Campbell, for sure.
Old 04-27-2011   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly, this is why I said the Texans. #34 was the greatest player ever to play for the Houston Oilers.

Respect=Earl!!!
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Exactly, this is why I said the Texans. #34 was the greatest player ever to play for the Houston Oilers.

Respect=Earl!!!
Go Texans!!!
Guess I missed that. Sorry.
Old 04-27-2011   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Wow. That's a whole other universe there. AJ hasn't made this city feel like it did when the Tyler Rose was carrying the rock. Win some playoff games, we can talk. I love AJ to death but he's no Earl Campbell, for sure.
I disagree. AJ is the main reason why this franchise has even been tolerable. Any closeness this team ever got to a post season was mainly because of his presence I'd say. He has been the one true ICON type of player this franchise has had and with the exception of Larry Fitzgerald he's been the most classy and hard working WR in the entire NFL.

I think he's right there with Earl Campbell easily.
Old 04-28-2011   #13
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would say he is definately one of the greatest. He's in the same company as Earl Campbell, Frank Wychek (IMO), and Bruce Matthews.

Not saying those guys were better at their position, just saying there is a class at the top that they belong and AJ sure as hell belongs in. That class is called the HOF.
Old 04-28-2011   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
as blasphemous as that may sound to some, it may be true. definitely on the short list.

Campbell
AJ
Brazile
Bethea
Matthews
Munchak
Old 04-28-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
as blasphemous as that may sound to some, it may be true. definitely on the short list.

Campbell
AJ
Brazile
Bethea
Matthews
Munchak
I'd have to add Mauk to that list. That was one tough S.O.B.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read