Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

With record 25 players headed to NYC Draft, Rooks basically thumb noses at NFLPA

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa
Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State
Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida
Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Tyron Smith, T, Southern California
Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f75a5f/article/record-25-players-to-attend-nfl-draft-at-radio-city?module=HP_headlines

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Will our first round pick be in the Big-Apple Thursday night ? Oh I think probably, but not for sure ?

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame
Considering that Von Miller is a named plaintiff in the lawsuit, I don't view this as any sort of snub on the part of the draftees.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Frankly why would they be affiliated with the players. Right now they have no vote and the players have already agreed to limit their salaries with a rookie wage scale.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I don't think this is a snub at all. It is business as usual. The NFLPA lightened their stance weeks ago and said they should have their day, despite what was being reported. The issue isn't showing up it. The issue is what happens at the draft. Does Goddell get booed everytime he shows his face?Do players give him a hug or whatever or just take shake hands, take the jersey and move on?We have no clue how this will all set up. I also have a feeling the record number is more about the NFL asking a record number to attend due to covering themselves and the uncertaintly as to who wants who.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The whole idea of the NFL players being unionized is silly anyway. I've been a member of several unions back in the day, and of course there's not much compensation disparity among members of the same union, unlike the NFLPA which starts with some well-compensated employees at the base (compared to the population at large of the US economy), but has at the top members who make Hollywood-celib or Fortune 500 CEO type money.