Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2011   #1
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Davon House

I was toying with the idea of trading up for Peterson.(Peter King almost had me). Then I looked on Walter football and saw that this cat Davon House would probably be available in the second round...I think we'll look for a 3-4 rusher in round 1 and aquire our DB in the second...I like this guy and it seems Davon House can help us without losing our draft pics.................... Davon House CB, New Mexico State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
Combine 40 Time: 4.43.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.35.
Benchx225: 14. Vertical: 33.5. Arm: 31 7/8.
Projected Round (2011): 2-3.
3/19/11: Davon House blew up his Pro Day with a 4.35 40. He really improved his chances of being drafted in the second round.

10/9/10: House needs to put on some weight, but there is no denying he is a cover corner with added ball skills.

5/13/10: Voted to the All-WAC First Team thanks to 13 pass break-ups and three interceptions as a junior.
Old 04-24-2011   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Davon House

I've said all along I think House is the best man cover guy in this draft outside of Peterson.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea bah got me to look into House more. I really really like him as our 2nd round pick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter's has us taking him in the third.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_3.php
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would wait to take him until the 3rd & thats mostly based off size & Texan needs. He has been downgraded by too many scouting services for my taste to select round two. Jimmy Smith is easily the 2nd best CB in this draft for me.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would wait to take him until the 3rd & thats mostly based off size & Texan needs. He has been downgraded by too many scouting services for my taste to select round two. Jimmy Smith is easily the 2nd best CB in this draft for me.
Boy if he's there in the 3rd that would help so much.

Do you think there's any chance Jimmy Smith goes ahead of Amukamara? Everyone pegs Prince going top 11, I'm thinking he goes after us... maybe a team like Detroit takes Smith over the Prince!?

3 days... 3 days!!
Old 04-25-2011   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Boy if he's there in the 3rd that would help so much.

Do you think there's any chance Jimmy Smith goes ahead of Amukamara? Everyone pegs Prince going top 11, I'm thinking he goes after us... maybe a team like Detroit takes Smith over the Prince!?

3 days... 3 days!!
I'm hoping Amukamara is off the board by #11 so the Texans aren't even tempted

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2011   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm hoping Amukamara is off the board by #11 so the Texans aren't even tempted
Plus it would push another, better, player to us!
Old 04-25-2011   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Plus it would push another, better, player to us!
I like Smith much better as well. So does anyone think Bob(B) will waiver on his cleaniless standards? Or should he.

Real question.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #10
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think with the recent arrest of Agib Talib(how ever you spell it) the Texans may be gun shy on pulling the trigger on Jimmy Smith...so much baggage, SW Airlines charges him for it.
Old 04-26-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarazz00 View Post
I think with the recent arrest of Agib Talib(how ever you spell it) the Texans may be gun shy on pulling the trigger on Jimmy Smith...so much baggage, SW Airlines charges him for it.
Aqib Talib was a name discussed in great length around here during the 08 process, I believe YoungTexan was a big supporter of selecting him & as far as his on field ability certainly justified #20 pick. If Tampa is going to release him as reported, then that creates a huge void & need to find a replacement with Jimmy Smith in the crosshairs, but who would be more gun shy?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-26-2011   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

not really all that impressed with this kid & the only way i think we should take him in the 2nd over the brandon harris's/ Jimmy Smith's/Ras I Dowling's is if we've got multiple picks in the 2nd. He's an early 3rd rounder at best b/c he doesn't have the elite speed & he's got lazy footwork & he's also "handszy". That's a recipe for disaster for a cb that will be left on an island quite often in a wade phillips agressive defense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
not really all that impressed with this kid & the only way i think we should take him in the 2nd over the brandon harris's/ Jimmy Smith's/Ras I Dowling's is if we've got multiple picks in the 2nd. He's an early 3rd rounder at best b/c he doesn't have the elite speed & he's got lazy footwork & he's also "handszy". That's a recipe for disaster for a cb that will be left on an island quite often in a wade phillips agressive defense.
Disagree, Have you watched House play? His only real weakness is run support. If the Texans dont take him in the 2nd the Lions/Cowboys will take him in the 2/3rd.

Bah, it's good to see that great minds think alike. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Greg Cossell interview would beg to differ on House, call's him a difficult watch.
http://thesidelineview.com/2011/04/1...lks-nfl-draft/

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-26-2011   #15
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Quote:
Aqib Talib was a name discussed in great length around here during the 08 process, I believe YoungTexan was a big supporter of selecting him & as far as his on field ability certainly justified #20 pick. If Tampa is going to release him as reported, then that creates a huge void & need to find a replacement with Jimmy Smith in the crosshairs, but who would be more gun shy?
Jimmy Smith has it all...probably better than 'Prince'....Still no way he will warrant a top 10...too many issues...Aqib Talib had red flags and Tampa took a chance...that bit 'em. I honestly believe because of that Jimmy Smith is gonna fall..The Eagles may snag him...good luck...He's an awesome talent though Beer Lover...I still like House in the second...he'd be gone by the time we pick in the third...
Old 04-26-2011   #16
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarazz00 View Post
Jimmy Smith has it all...probably better than 'Prince'....Still no way he will warrant a top 10...too many issues...Aqib Talib had red flags and Tampa took a chance...that bit 'em. I honestly believe because of that Jimmy Smith is gonna fall..The Eagles may snag him...good luck...He's an awesome talent though Beer Lover...I still like House in the second...he'd be gone by the time we pick in the third...
Better is a relative term. Prince is far more physical, a better tackler and great in the shallow areas.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never wavered on Talib's talent. I told everyone he was the best CB in the draft. I was right. However, I'm glad he's not on my team. He's been a headcase since his days at KU. He failed a few drug tests here and was suspended. This isn't new for him, it's been a pattern. I love to pull for him on the field because of KU, but man he makes it look like he graduated from Mizzou.
Old 04-27-2011   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Better is a relative term. Prince is far more physical, a better tackler and great in the shallow areas.
Prince is going to be a great cb as long as he's in a tampa 2. The best part of his game is that he's so physical & drives on the ball extremely well...those are trademark tampa 2 qualities. It's apparent he's best when WR's are kept in front of him. If he's forced into a man press cover 3 scheme, he will be a bust...basically you'll get far more of those Justin Blackmon type games.
Old 04-27-2011   #19
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Prince is going to be a great cb as long as he's in a tampa 2. The best part of his game is that he's so physical & drives on the ball extremely well...those are trademark tampa 2 qualities. It's apparent he's best when WR's are kept in front of him. If he's forced into a man press cover 3 scheme, he will be a bust...basically you'll get far more of those Justin Blackmon type games.
Like almost any CB, they struggle without adequate safety help. I expect Prince to start in the NFL for 10+ years. Not a bad draft pick at all.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Like almost any CB, they struggle without adequate safety help. I expect Prince to start in the NFL for 10+ years. Not a bad draft pick at all.
yeah but his skill set is best suited for tampa 2 imo..he just looks uncomfortable with man coverage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read