Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011   #1
Ndevine7
All Pro
 
Ndevine7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Age: 22
Posts: 532
Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ndevine7 optimal draft

The Houston Texans Trade the 11th pick overall to the Patriots for the 28th and 33rd picks

With the 11th Pick in the draft the New England Patriots select Cameron Jordan

1(28)-Brooks Reed 6'3 263 DE/OLB Arizona
Texans need another 3-4 OLB. Reed has a high motor and offers some comparison to Clay Matthews. Stand up guy just like BoB likes them also.
2(33)-Stephen Paea 6'1 303 NT Oregon State
Not a prototypical NT but just the guy that Wade likes. 1st round talent that falls due to a knee injury. Strong guy who could immediately become the Texans NT.
2(42)-Brandon Harris 5'10 194 CB Miami
Harris once thought to be a 1st round talent seems to be falling a bit on most boards. Decent size and speed who is a physical CB and could become the 2nd CB on this team moving Quin to FS
3(73)-Chris Carter 6'1 248 DE/OLB Fresno State
Despite taking a 3-4 OLB in the 1st round, Texans need as much help at that position as they can get. Barwin is coming off a bad injury and no one knows how he is going to recover. Wade coached carter at East-West shrine game and could develop a liking in him
4(105)-DeAndre McDaniel 6'0 217 S Clemson
With both S gone it appears that Nolan is starting at SS and Quin will be starting at FS. McDaniel is a solid player who hasnt always played to his top potential. Could be a solid S in this league and take over for one of the S if they falter.
5(138)-Lawrence Guy 6'5 304 DE/DT Arizona State
No one knows how effective Mario and Smith will be in the 3-4. Guy is perfect for a 5-technique position and could be a solid role player as well as potential starter in a few years.
6(178)-Vincent Brown 5'11 187 WR San Diego State
Brown is a perfect 3rd WR. Has great hands and can move the chains. Reminds me of Wayne Cherbet(dont know if many know about him but living in NY I remember him. Perfect 3rd WR).
7(214)-Akeem Dent 6'1 242 ILB Georgia
With DeMeco coming off a bad injury, no one knows exactly how he will return. Dent had a good career at Georgia and could be a solid ST player. Possibly could be a diamond in the rough and have a solid NFL career.
7(254)-Taylor Potts 6'4 218 QB Texas Tech
Developmental QB for Kubiak to work on. Has potential to be a solid backup in the NFL.

I know that mock trades are so unrealistic, but just wanted to put this one out there. Ill be putting out my 3 round mock sometime next week that is more realistic, but like i said this is my optimal draft.
__________________
Noel Devine Heisman 2010
Ndevine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,552
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
The Houston Texans Trade the 11th pick overall to the Patriots for the 28th and 33rd picks

With the 11th Pick in the draft the New England Patriots select Cameron Jordan

1(28)-Brooks Reed 6'3 263 DE/OLB Arizona
Texans need another 3-4 OLB. Reed has a high motor and offers some comparison to Clay Matthews. Stand up guy just like BoB likes them also.
2(33)-Stephen Paea 6'1 303 NT Oregon State
Not a prototypical NT but just the guy that Wade likes. 1st round talent that falls due to a knee injury. Strong guy who could immediately become the Texans NT.
2(42)-Brandon Harris 5'10 194 CB Miami
Harris once thought to be a 1st round talent seems to be falling a bit on most boards. Decent size and speed who is a physical CB and could become the 2nd CB on this team moving Quin to FS
3(73)-Chris Carter 6'1 248 DE/OLB Fresno State
Despite taking a 3-4 OLB in the 1st round, Texans need as much help at that position as they can get. Barwin is coming off a bad injury and no one knows how he is going to recover. Wade coached carter at East-West shrine game and could develop a liking in him
4(105)-DeAndre McDaniel 6'0 217 S Clemson
With both S gone it appears that Nolan is starting at SS and Quin will be starting at FS. McDaniel is a solid player who hasnt always played to his top potential. Could be a solid S in this league and take over for one of the S if they falter.
5(138)-Lawrence Guy 6'5 304 DE/DT Arizona State
No one knows how effective Mario and Smith will be in the 3-4. Guy is perfect for a 5-technique position and could be a solid role player as well as potential starter in a few years.
6(178)-Vincent Brown 5'11 187 WR San Diego State
Brown is a perfect 3rd WR. Has great hands and can move the chains. Reminds me of Wayne Cherbet(dont know if many know about him but living in NY I remember him. Perfect 3rd WR).
7(214)-Akeem Dent 6'1 242 ILB Georgia
With DeMeco coming off a bad injury, no one knows exactly how he will return. Dent had a good career at Georgia and could be a solid ST player. Possibly could be a diamond in the rough and have a solid NFL career.
7(254)-Taylor Potts 6'4 218 QB Texas Tech
Developmental QB for Kubiak to work on. Has potential to be a solid backup in the NFL.

I know that mock trades are so unrealistic, but just wanted to put this one out there. Ill be putting out my 3 round mock sometime next week that is more realistic, but like i said this is my optimal draft.
too good to be true, Rick we have a mole in our organization
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #3
Ndevine7
All Pro
 
Ndevine7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Age: 22
Posts: 532
Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
too good to be true, Rick we have a mole in our organization
Why i said optimal. We know it prob would never happen but if i could take the reins for this draft this is how i would attempt to do it
__________________
Noel Devine Heisman 2010
Ndevine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #4
drs23 
Veteran
 
drs23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Age: 58
Posts: 4,485
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
Why i said optimal. We know it prob would never happen but if i could take the reins for this draft this is how i would attempt to do it
I like it. You're hired!
__________________

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame
 
Maddict5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,477
Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

love the trade and double dipping for reed & carter (my fave olbs apart from the top guys).. really like dent as a late insurance pick too. not the biggest brandon harris fan but id be ok with him or any one of the 2nd rd cb's. like most of your position picks but just have my own player prefences in some spots. wouldnt be opposed to any of your guys though

however seeing as its an optimal draft, id try like hell to trade that #33 overnight to a team looking at qbs like ponder & possibly dalton. tade it for a later second and 3rd so you end up with:

1 reed
2 phil taylor
2 ras i dowling/davon house (or harris if he makes it this far)
3 chris carter
3 i see this pick as a total bonus pick where we can do whatever we like with it (even draft offence possibly!). options include:
ricky stanzi as a viable long term backup for schaub
lee ziemba as a replacement for rashad butler
any wr that falls like hankerson/torrey smith etc
a 5 technique like pernell mcphee

4 deunta williams
5 rashad carmichael
6 akeem dent
7 brandon bair
7 chas henry
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor
 
SAMURAITEXAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 3,490
Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
The Houston Texans Trade the 11th pick overall to the Patriots for the 28th and 33rd picks

With the 11th Pick in the draft the New England Patriots select Cameron Jordan

1(28)-Brooks Reed 6'3 263 DE/OLB Arizona
Texans need another 3-4 OLB. Reed has a high motor and offers some comparison to Clay Matthews. Stand up guy just like BoB likes them also.
2(33)-Stephen Paea 6'1 303 NT Oregon State
Not a prototypical NT but just the guy that Wade likes. 1st round talent that falls due to a knee injury. Strong guy who could immediately become the Texans NT.
2(42)-Brandon Harris 5'10 194 CB Miami
Harris once thought to be a 1st round talent seems to be falling a bit on most boards. Decent size and speed who is a physical CB and could become the 2nd CB on this team moving Quin to FS
3(73)-Chris Carter 6'1 248 DE/OLB Fresno State
Despite taking a 3-4 OLB in the 1st round, Texans need as much help at that position as they can get. Barwin is coming off a bad injury and no one knows how he is going to recover. Wade coached carter at East-West shrine game and could develop a liking in him
4(105)-DeAndre McDaniel 6'0 217 S Clemson
With both S gone it appears that Nolan is starting at SS and Quin will be starting at FS. McDaniel is a solid player who hasnt always played to his top potential. Could be a solid S in this league and take over for one of the S if they falter.
5(138)-Lawrence Guy 6'5 304 DE/DT Arizona State
No one knows how effective Mario and Smith will be in the 3-4. Guy is perfect for a 5-technique position and could be a solid role player as well as potential starter in a few years.
6(178)-Vincent Brown 5'11 187 WR San Diego State
Brown is a perfect 3rd WR. Has great hands and can move the chains. Reminds me of Wayne Cherbet(dont know if many know about him but living in NY I remember him. Perfect 3rd WR).
7(214)-Akeem Dent 6'1 242 ILB Georgia
With DeMeco coming off a bad injury, no one knows exactly how he will return. Dent had a good career at Georgia and could be a solid ST player. Possibly could be a diamond in the rough and have a solid NFL career.
7(254)-Taylor Potts 6'4 218 QB Texas Tech
Developmental QB for Kubiak to work on. Has potential to be a solid backup in the NFL.

I know that mock trades are so unrealistic, but just wanted to put this one out there. Ill be putting out my 3 round mock sometime next week that is more realistic, but like i said this is my optimal draft.
I like the positions that you focused in your optimal draft. Now, go to our FO and talk to Rick directly.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 45
Posts: 9,736
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ndevine7 optimal draft

Nice. I REALLY hope we get Brandon Harris. I think he's gonna be a very good CB in the NFL.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger