Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-21-2011   #1
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Very Very Rough 1st Round Projection

This is a (very) rough projection of how we think the first round will unfold. It'll almost certainly change by next Thursday: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/99
NFLRoughDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Very Very Rough 1st Round Projection

If it does workout this way, I don't see Prince or Aldon Smith going past us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Dareus to Denver is getting alot of pub, but I have always felt that Denver will end up selecting Patrick Peterson. Champ Bailey is getting older and they will need some young blood at corner. It just makes too much sense to me.

Also I envision Cam Newton in a Bills uniform. Which means the Panthers either take Gabbert or pass on QB and go DL with Dareus.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Also I envision Cam Newton in a Bills uniform. Which means the Panthers either take Gabbert or pass on QB and go DL with Dareus.
Funny you say that b/c I've been feeling the same. I know there's a lot been talked about Carolina liking Newton but I think they go Gabbert. Denver would be smart to go Dareus... and I completely agree with Newton to Buffalo.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #5
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I know Dareus to Denver is getting alot of pub, but I have always felt that Denver will end up selecting Patrick Peterson. Champ Bailey is getting older and they will need some young blood at corner. It just makes too much sense to me.

These scenarios are all very possible. I'm still not convinced the Panthers are going to take a QB.
Old 04-21-2011   #6
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If it does workout this way, I don't see Prince or Aldon Smith going past us.
Any idea where I can find a list of guys the Texans brought in for visits?
Old 04-21-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was only like 4 but check out my thread on here called "What are we doing now".
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2011   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLRoughDraft View Post
This is a (very) rough projection of how we think the first round will unfold. It'll almost certainly change by next Thursday: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/99
I could see the draft falling like this. Honestly though your or anyone elses is just as likely. This is a tough year to predict.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #9
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

That jaguars win is killing me right now. our shot at von miller, patrick peterson, or aj green gone ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #10
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
That jaguars win is killing me right now. our shot at von miller, patrick peterson, or aj green gone ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This.

Where are all the religious fanatics who said that you couldn't possibly be a fan of the Texans if you rooted against them in any game, no matter how inconsequential the win is.

Well, today, I'm wishing we were in a position to draft any of the 3 players you meantioned, and THIS defines me as a crappy Texans fan.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
This.

Where are all the religious fanatics who said that you couldn't possibly be a fan of the Texans if you rooted against them in any game, no matter how inconsequential the win is.

Well, today, I'm wishing we were in a position to draft any of the 3 players you meantioned, and THIS defines me as a crappy Texans fan.
I'm right here. What makes you think they would draft who you wanted anyhow. They had the #1 pick twice and haven't drafted anybody we wanted (and in Mario's case - Thank God!)
Old 04-22-2011   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm right here. What makes you think they would draft who you wanted anyhow. They had the #1 pick twice and haven't drafted anybody we wanted (and in Mario's case - Thank God!)
Speak for yourself, I was jonesing for some Mario. But yes I was in the minority.

The truth of the draft is, that there are no sure things. There is high risk and low risk perhaps but given injury, coaching, systems and many other variables any and all of the top ten picks in any draft could bust.
Old 04-24-2011   #13
CharloTex
All Pro

Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, it's not about what CharloTex wants, it's about who and what is available at position 6 or 7 as opposed to 11. Even the ability to trade up to the 2nd or 3rd pick is viable from 6/7. AND, we would pick 5 spots earlier in every single round to boot!

But dam! I sure am glad we beat the hale out of Jacksonville in January. That, my friend, THAT was important! /sarcasm
Old 04-24-2011   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I was all in for Mario.
Old 04-24-2011   #15
Tx Longhorn
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedTx Longhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For what it's worth, I wanted either Williams or Ferguson..
Tx Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I didn't even know who Mario was and admittedly wanted Vince but after finding out who we were going to pick the Friday before the draft, I didn't get butt hurt. I realized what the team was doing and I was excited to have Mario. So I didn't get mad at the pick either.

Alot of people on here wanted Reggie Bush and wanted us to secure the #1 pick. We did, and all kinds of people were putting up pictures of Booger from Revenge of The Nerds saying "We Got Bush!" in alot of threads.

And before Mario, people were absolutely sure we would get Peppers. He was the best player worth the #1 pick in that draft. And we got HWNSNBM!

My point is, even if we were there at a place to pick Peterson or Miller, do we honestly think that it would be a sure thing The Texans would get them. They've disappointed us before. I could easily see them turn around and say that Wade said he could work with what we got and AJ Green was too good of a talent to pass up and he was the only player that was available that could come in and start right away (we've heard that before).

Everyone
Old 04-25-2011   #17
CharloTex
All Pro

Quote:
I didn't even know who Mario was and admittedly wanted Vince but after finding out who we were going to pick the Friday before the draft, I didn't get butt hurt. I realized what the team was doing and I was excited to have Mario. So I didn't get mad at the pick either.

Alot of people on here wanted Reggie Bush and wanted us to secure the #1 pick. We did, and all kinds of people were putting up pictures of Booger from Revenge of The Nerds saying "We Got Bush!" in alot of threads.

And before Mario, people were absolutely sure we would get Peppers. He was the best player worth the #1 pick in that draft. And we got HWNSNBM!

My point is, even if we were there at a place to pick Peterson or Miller, do we honestly think that it would be a sure thing The Texans would get them. They've disappointed us before. I could easily see them turn around and say that Wade said he could work with what we got and AJ Green was too good of a talent to pass up and he was the only player that was available that could come in and start right away (we've heard that before).

Everyone
It's a 2 part equation. The desired playered being avaiable to you when you pick, and then picking him = homerun. There's no assurance the Texans would pick Patrick Peterson if he were available, or attainable. There is a definitive assurance they would NOT pick him if he is NOT available, and NOT attainable.

Being positioned at the number 7 pick facilitates the availablity part of the equation. Winning against the Jags last January gets us one game closer to having a .500 all time record. Whooo Hooo!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read