Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Interest level in the draft?
More interested 20 18.87%
Less interested 44 41.51%
About the same 42 39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What's your interest level in the NFL draft?

Just out of curiosity, what's your interest level in the draft this year compared to previous years? With the players and owners constantly whining and no end to the lockout near, I was wondering if people even cared about it at this point.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your interest level in the NFL draft?

1%...I'm assuming they'll screw it up.
Old 04-19-2011   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's your interest level in the draft this year compared to previous years? With the players and owners constantly whining and no end to the lockout near, I was wondering if people cared as much at this point?
I'm just as interested in the draft as previous years, but I will rapidly lose interest if they don't get this thing sorted out before the regular off-season activities and pre-season are supposed to be taking place.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more interested only because I have been reading a lot more about the prospects this season.
Old 04-19-2011   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I'm just as interested in the draft as previous years, but I will rapidly lose interest if they don't get this thing sorted out before the regular off-season activities and pre-season are supposed to be taking place.
Kinda where I stand.

Old 04-19-2011   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Kinda where I stand.

make that three.
Old 04-19-2011   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My interest in the draft is about the same. I have every confidence in Smithiak to totally "F" up the draft.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2011   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

m'eh, I'll read about the results on the internets the next day like I do every year. It's just not that compelling to watch, IMO.
Old 04-19-2011   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

My interest level is the lowest it's ever been for the NFL draft. Mostly it's due to the Texans and the growing apathy I feel towards them. The only thing that will change that now is to win and go to the playoffs and experience that feeling. The other reason is because this NFL draft doesn't have a lot of exciting big name players. Cam Newton is the only really nationally known big name player in this draft. Lastly, I have a lot of things going on that week and weekend of the draft and I may not be able to watch it.
Old 04-19-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Less interested. As it gets closer I'll probably perk up some interest somewhere. Frankly I'm more looking forward to all the cheering and moaning going on here than I am in the actual draft itself.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Less interested by far. This time last year, I was all giddy. I knew exactly what that weekend was going to entail- what friends I was chilling with, what beer, what pizza, I had pages and pages of mock draft/scenarios, the whole thing. This year? Meh. Like I said in another thread, I might not do a final Texans mock, and it is 50/50 on the final small school rankings. I am hoping that next week I get a jolt of excitement, but it is not looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Less interested. As it gets closer I'll probably perk up some interest somewhere. Frankly I'm more looking forward to all the cheering and moaning going on here than I am in the actual draft itself.
I will be glad to help you out in this regard.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Much less interested - can't see the point in getting worked up over a draft when the players might not even play until November. I usually have a big fish fry and watch the draft with bunches of folks. This year, I had the fish fry early. I will probably watch parts of the first round just because when football calls........
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to say its significantly less this year for a veriety of reason including and beyond the labor problems.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
About the time we hit 5-7 again last year that was my main reason for coming here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #15
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is important this year because we have stunk it up for so long. i am very sick of losing. And the tickets are pretty expensive for the amount of enjoyment we have gotten out of the team. I would feel good about paying for the tickets if we were to make the playoffs. Maybe making the playoffs will become a priority.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Less interested....

Not really even because of the whole NFL CBA issue

More has to do with the Texans. Still upset about last season, Kubiak, what I fear is a coach in waiting in Wade, just the whole effing thing still bums me out..... 1st time ever it has taken me this long to get over a season.....for any team for any sport at any time. 2010 was a complete effing FAIL and the whole Kubiak thing was just insult to injury.

Plus this team is know for taking...let us just say...not my 1st choice in picks usually in the draft. I'm still interested, but def not as much as usual years.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

My NFL Draft interest is always 110 on a scale of 100 ... love it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #18
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with Nawzer, my interest in the draft is at an all time low and my apathy for the team at an all time high. I did go ahead and pay for half my season, and that stung. They'll get their other half on May 17th and no sooner. I'm looking forward to that 1% simple interest I'll be receiving.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Less. With all the holdout stuff and no Free Agency I've simply have to remind myself the draft is 8 days away.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Same. I'll read about it after the fact but never watch it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read