Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-16-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Good stuff @ chron

player profiles
http://sports2.chron.com/chron/footb...draft-profiles

team needs
http://sports2.chron.com/chron/footb...raft-teamneeds

mock
http://sports2.chron.com/chron/footb...raft-mockdraft
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, that's a pretty bad mock...I can't see us taking Shaun Cody at 13 with Marcus Spears still available..
Old 04-16-2005   #3
texman8
Veteran

Let me see....Spears,Williamson,Pollack,Merriman,Ware.... .anyone of them ahead of S. Cody....My choice :Williamson or Ware
1. Ware OLB...love his speed and athleticism
2. R. Brown WR
3a. Mankins OR Buenning OG
3b.Castillo DL
4. Routt CB
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #4
Htown34s
Veteran

WOW! Weird stuff in the water over there at the Chronic.

In their top 50 rankings they have Alex Barron at #6 while Merriman at #36! Demarcus Ware at #91!

Wow.
Old 04-16-2005   #5
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
WOW! Weird stuff in the water over there at the Chronic.

In their top 50 rankings they have Alex Barron at #6 while Merriman at #36! Demarcus Ware at #91!

Wow.
They are using the "Reverse Polish Notation Calculator" The numbers are coming out backward.
Old 04-16-2005   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I usually don't pay attention to mocks but ... Shaun Cody at 13 with Cadillac, Rogers, Merriman (dropping to 23?), Williamson, and Ware (dropping to 39??) all on the board??? Blackstock at 12???? C'mon.

Then in their "21 facts about the modern era drafts" they offer up this:

"The 2005 NFL Draft marks the 39th of the modern era. An era that began back in 1967 when the old AFL and NFL merged into the league we all know today."

The old AFL and NFL had their first joint draft in '67 (after what would later be named Super Bowl I) but most anyone who has followed the league for a while knows the merger didn't happen until '70.

Then they make some statement about the Steelers only having four draft picks in 1974 (they had 21).

I'm afraid to read any more because of what else might be found.

Last edited by aj.; 04-16-2005 at 10:26 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #7
ComstockLode
Veteran

I am pretty sure these are player rankings, not where they will go in the draft. And from the looks of it, this looks pretty old.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give them props for the effort...but the content is weak, old, not accurate and kinda embarrassing for a newspaper in the Nations 4th largest city.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read