Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Prince or Quinn
Robert Quinn DE 27 51.92%
Prince Amukamara, CB 15 28.85%
Neither i want someone else 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2011   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ???? Robert Q or prince

Prince Amukamara, CB or Robert Quinn DE

which one would yall want or neither ???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ???? Robert Q or prince

Trade up and get Miller!!!
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Trade up and get Miller!!!
OK, but at what price ? I'd maybe throw in a 3rd round pick to move up and get him, but we know the least it would cost is a 2nd round pick if he's still on the Board when the Cards are picking at #5. I suppose some people would even give up multiple picks including next years first rounder which I think is crazy ! But just think of all of the "can't miss" guys who have ended up being busts ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is a no brainer. Prince Amukamara
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Prince Amukamara worth a top-ten pick?
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

An interesting fact I came across: Amukamara intercepted only five of the 27passes he broke up over his career. Oddly, all five interceptions came during his junior season
Old 04-17-2011   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Interceptions are a overrated stat. The guy is a excellent corner and the secondary is the biggest problem on this team....by a pretty wide margin. If Prince is there, I'd take him.
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2011   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for neither. Robert Quinn missed out on an entire year of football and the only thing shooting is draft stock up is his athletic ability and intangibiles. Prince Amukamara was schooled VS Oklahoma St. when he was covering Blackmon.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither. Quinn had 1 good year and has a lot of potential. You know who else had 1 good year and potential written all over him coming into the draft? Amobi Okoye.

Prince got burned by Juston Blackmon repeatedly. Blackmon is a special player, but he will face a lot of them in the NFL. Does he have the goods to be a #1 CB?

I will take 3-4DE Cam Jordan. You know exactly what you are getting: a very good 3-4 DE who may be able to give you a lot more.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Oh my bad...I just looked at the thread title and thought this was between Quinn or Prince.

There's other players I'd take other those two. I can think of a certain WR I'd like other them, even though it isn't our biggest need. I think Jones can be a special player and I think our hole at the #2 spot is bigger than some people realize. We need to find a guy to groom behind AJ.
Old 04-17-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
OK, but at what price ? I'd maybe throw in a 3rd round pick to move up and get him, but we know the least it would cost is a 2nd round pick if he's still on the Board when the Cards are picking at #5. I suppose some people would even give up multiple picks including next years first rounder which I think is crazy ! But just think of all of the "can't miss" guys who have ended up being busts ?
I wouldn't go all Ditka over Miller, but I would swap 1st rounders this year, 3rd Rounder this year and maybet a player or 1 of next years picks. Depends on where he's at if/when we decide to pull the trigger. I would go even further and, depending on the board, try to move up to the late 1st round and try to get one of the top CB's left on the board. As has been posted before, the current regime has nothing to lose and everything to gain by going for broke on this draft. I'd go all in.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we could get miller but people are talking about him going is the top 5 so I don't see this happening

Picking Quinn or jordorn would be a safe pick

But I'm thinking prince and Julio jones will both fall 2 us and there pretty good players IMO

ANSI would think prince would be our number 2 cb and Jackson our number 1
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

CB is a need for sure but I am not sure I would take another CB in the first round.
Old 04-17-2011   #14
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Robert Quinn b/c our Secondary will be worthless w/o any pass rush.
Old 04-17-2011   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Robert Quinn b/c our Secondary will be worthless w/o any pass rush.

On the flip side...

Prince b/c our defense won't be worth a crap even if we did have Quinn without a warm body in the secondary. When your DBs are falling down everywhere and you can't cover to save your life, it's not because of pass rush.
Old 04-17-2011   #16
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
On the flip side...

Prince b/c our defense won't be worth a crap even if we did have Quinn without a warm body in the secondary. When your DBs are falling down everywhere and you can't cover to save your life, it's not because of pass rush.

It takes at least 2-3 years for a CB to make an impact. So you want to pair Jackson with Prince.

Sure is going to make our secondary a lot better.

oh wait we did the exact same thing last year
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Prince. We have to improve our historically bad secondary. And I know the secondary play is dependent upon how much pressure the defensive front can put, but the bottom line is that the secondary was awful beyond belief. If he's there, we should take him unless there is a better rated player on the board.
Old 04-17-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
It takes at least 2-3 years for a CB to make an impact. So you want to pair Jackson with Prince.

That's why we need to concentrate on going after a top CB in FA.
Old 04-17-2011   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Quinn but I'd still be happy with Prince.

Whoever the pick is, we still need to go out and get some quality secondary players in free agency. A veteran CB is a must whether Prince is picked or not.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post

Who told you that it take 2-3 years for a CB to make a difference. That's downright silly. Hate to break this to you buddy, but if you're waiting 2-3 years for your CB to "make a impact" most likely said player is a bust.

Also when the heck did we pair Jackson with Prince or spend two back to back high round draft picks on that position? Glover Quinn was a low draft and Jackson was a 1st round rookie. Quinn didn't rate anywhere near Prince. Heck coming out more often than not Quinn was rated higher as a safety than he was a corner.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read