Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-14-2011   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans considering Steeler's CB Ike Taylor

From the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette and Redzone.org:

Quote:
Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Houston Texans will try to sign 30-year-old cornerback Ike Taylor this offseason. Taylor would be significantly closer to home as he lives in New Orleans.
Link
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans considering Steeler's CB Ike Taylor

Wow, who would of dreamed the Texans would go after an experienced CB in FA.

You could substitute the name of pretty much every FA CB in the league and you would be pretty close to the truth.
Old 04-14-2011   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting, but I think it'll have a lot to do with what the Steelers do in the draft too. Last I heard, the Steelers wanted him back. If that's the case, most players would rather stay with a winner. Unless of course the Texans pay out the nose for him.
Old 04-14-2011   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I would sign him and Aso if possible. Now that would be a hell of a CB tandum...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had this penciled in for a long time... I think it was Lance that mentioned this months ago. I have a feeling Smith/McNair will pay more than the Steelers are willing to. I just think this makes too much sense.

Would hugely upgrade our secondary. Taylor - Jackson at CB, Quin at FS! woo!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

if the only knock on him is that he doesn't catch enough ints (per the link) i'll take that in a heartbeat.....so long as he can cover & locate the ball when it's in the air, i'll settle for a pass defensed .
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
if the only knock on him is that he doesn't catch enough ints (per the link) i'll take that in a heartbeat.....so long as he can cover & locate the ball when it's in the air, i'll settle for a pass defensed .
You got that right. How many times would we have loved for a pass to be even knocked down so we could get a win?

Ole Miss Texan, I've had this penciled in for a while. I believe in a few FA tracker threads I've mentioned going with Ike Taylor over Aso because he will not cost as much and seems to be a bit more physical CB.

Part of me wants to tell me not to get too happy about this report because A)The Texans never do what I'd like to see them do. B) Taylor's agent could be leaking this so that Pittsburgh tries to give him the deal he wants.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Ike Taylor: Steelers should be able to re-sign Ike Taylor Ike Taylor - DB - PIT - Mar. 23 - 2:52 pm et

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review predicts that the Steelers won't struggle to re-sign free agent RCB Ike Taylor.

"The reason? Simple," writes beat reporter Scott Brown. "The veteran cornerback wants to stay in Pittsburgh and the Steelers want him back." Taylor, 31 in May, may want to consider a deal similar to the one signed by Sheldon Brown, 31 at the time, in Cleveland last spring. Taylor is better than Brown, but the three-year, $15.25 million pact could be a jump-off point. Mar. 23 - 2:52 pm et

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

He could be a good addition to the team. I wouldn't mind over paying for a guy like him as much as if the Texans had paid D-douche(drob) the money.
Old 04-14-2011   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Ike Taylor: Steelers should be able to re-sign Ike Taylor Ike Taylor - DB - PIT - Mar. 23 - 2:52 pm et
I'm thinking the Texans will offer Taylor a contract that's basically double that of Sheldon Browns. I'm sure he wants to stay with Pitt and they'd love to keep him but we see this time and time again - money often wins.
Old 04-14-2011   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see it being like the Bodden situation. We'll up the contract, Steelers will match and he'll remain a Steeler.
Old 04-14-2011   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The funny thing is just about everyone would endorse signing Ike Taylor this off-season but a year or two from now he won't count as a significant free agent signing if/when we have that discussion again.
Old 04-14-2011   #13
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah people will turn on him and blast him for never catching interceptions. Plus, who knows how he looks without the Steeler pass rush.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh....no faith...or maybe too realistic....
Old 04-14-2011   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I can see it being like the Bodden situation. We'll up the contract, Steelers will match and he'll remain a Steeler.
Ugh that would be such a tease 2.0 I'm hoping Smith has that in the back of his head and doesn't play around once we're allowed to start talking.
Old 04-14-2011   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The funny thing is just about everyone would endorse signing Ike Taylor this off-season but a year or two from now he won't count as a significant free agent signing if/when we have that discussion again.
Another wet blanket cast over the flame by one of our most be-loved moderators

Guess it's really happened that Texan fan base has been beaten into apathy & state of submission

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm thinking the Texans will offer Taylor a contract that's basically double that of Sheldon Browns. I'm sure he wants to stay with Pitt and they'd love to keep him but we see this time and time again - money often wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's all in the PRESENTATION, Texans!

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 04-14-2011   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Another wet blanket cast over the flame by one of our most be-loved moderators
Nah really. Just an observation this is all so predictable.

We have to get a veteran CB (or whatever).

Yay, we signed Ike Taylor.

The Texans paid too much.

[Texans have an underwhelming season]

Next off-season.

Ike was overrated to begin with and the Texans were stupid for getting such an old CB.

The Texans never do anything in free agency.

McNair is cheap.
Old 04-14-2011   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Nah really. Just an observation this is all so predictable.

We have to get a veteran CB (or whatever).

Yay, we signed Ike Taylor.

The Texans paid too much.

[Texans have an underwhelming season]

Next off-season.

Ike was overrated to begin with and the Texans were stupid for getting such an old CB.

The Texans never do anything in free agency.

McNair is cheap.
Spot on! That is exactly how it would play out.

What a hell of a fanbase we have. lol

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read