Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-14-2011   #41
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big market cities!!!!!!!!

Star power sells too, and the Texans are essentially AJ and a bunch of bums when it comes to that at a national level. Arian Foster may be a second star, if he isn't a one-year-wonder.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #42
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Star power sells too, and the Texans are essentially AJ and a bunch of bums when it comes to that at a national level. Arian Foster may be a second star, if he isn't a one-year-wonder.
yeah, but that comes more into play with the NBA though. They market their superstars like nobody's business. You would've thought that the city of Cleveland had risen to New York status by watching the NBA over the last few years b/c aside from the usuals, they were always on TV - & in prime time slots, when Lebron was there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Oilers got plenty of national coverage. (Buffalo, thanks Warren the wife beater Moon)

The Texans have little history and what history they have is that of being a joke. think about how many highlights you see with a Texan getting burned for a TD. When the Texans start winning they will become relevant.

The national media loves a good story. When Gary is fired and Wade becomes HC. Bums boy taking over a new Houston franchise will be a big national story. Bottom line is winning= national coverage.

So far the Texans have failed miserably at putting a winning product on the field.
Bolded part to the max! When you flip on NFL Live or anything like that when they are talking about some other team and showing their highlights, or even just some background highlights while they are talking of multiple teams just as space filler, you notice (or at least I do) that you almost ALWAYS see Texans getting burned on defense.

Kubes blows donkey juevos for a 5th year so let's keep him for a 6th....

Name of the team is not exactly sexy....it took a good while for "Texans" to roll off my tongue for a sports team like it wasn't some Player Custom made Madden team you create and save on your Xbox like the "Spiders" or something..... And I'm someone that will instantly latch onto Houston sports stuff....but "Texans" and the logo took a little while to grow on me.

Basically, right now, we are seriously a joke........hate to admit it....but it's true. Even if we do well to start some season....most people in the media know we will flame out so it's not even a story.

Anyone familiar with my posts knows I'm effing die hard about this team.....but even me, during week 8 or so and beyond, it's just another Sunday with an excuse to grill and get drunk when the Texans play as they have anually already effed themselves for the year by then. My firends know when it's bad when my yelling turns to laughing later in the year...... I mean, what other team could bring you plays like the "Rosencopter" and epic FAIL collapses almost every year.

Texans were ranked like the most exciting team in NFL yet we haven't done squat......it's cause all those epic collapses are entertaining and so is stuff like Rosencopter

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I don't exactly consider OD, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams AND Matt Turk a bunch of "bums"!!!

Okay, well Matt Turk. You got me there. Touche!
Old 04-16-2011   #45
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

we suck.
Old 04-16-2011   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
TV programming is all about trying to capitalize on subjects that the public wants to see. And at the end of the day, the Texans are not a compelling subject to cover with just one winning season in franchise history. Nobody wants to watch boring, sucktastic football...outside of the team's fanbase, of course.
You can say we sucked last season, but I didn't think we were boring at all. Too many games came down to the wire to call them boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
QFT. It is pointless to waste gloss on losers, because nobody will watch it.

People want to see winners, regardless of the size of the market that these teams come from. ESPN and NFLN are responding to what people want at the end of the day.
I dunno...the Cubs are perennial losers, but they get an awful lot of coverage. There really seems to be a bias in sports broadcasting and coverage. Especially with ESPiN.
Old 04-16-2011   #47
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You can say we sucked last season, but I didn't think we were boring at all. Too many games came down to the wire to call them boring.

I dunno...the Cubs are perennial losers, but they get an awful lot of coverage. There really seems to be a bias in sports broadcasting and coverage. Especially with ESPiN.
Because the Cubs actually have history. The Texans have none.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2011   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That's true, but it seems like they get far more coverage than either their records or history warrants.
Old 04-16-2011   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

If you want to call 100 years of losing history ..... Thanks Bartman.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #50
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't exactly consider OD, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams AND Matt Turk a bunch of "bums"!!!

Okay, well Matt Turk. You got me there. Touche!
That is why I said "at a national level". With the exception of Mario, the rest are pretty much unknowns outside of Texas.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #51
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

It kinda says it all when Houston, the city that trains the Astronauts for cryin out loud, can't even get one of the retiring shuttles, and loses out to Nue Yawk City !!!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #52
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
It kinda says it all when Houston, the city that trains the Astronauts for cryin out loud, can't even get one of the retiring shuttles, and loses out to Nue Yawk City !!!
Get a rope!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read