Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-12-2011   #21
bamamarty
Rookie

Default Re: 2011 draft party?

would it be any fun for my kids? They are 6 and 7 year old girls
bamamarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #22
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2011 draft party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamarty View Post
would it be any fun for my kids? They are 6 and 7 year old girls
There are tons of little throw the football games, take a green screen picture, etc. I would think so, but I don't have kids yet
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #23
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
There are tons of little throw the football games, take a green screen picture, etc. I would think so, but I don't have kids yet
I'll let you borrow Kayla....you'll reconsider future children!
Old 04-12-2011   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bullpen draft party was great last year. I haven't received an invite to that one this year. Has anyone heard whether they are going to do that again? I thought the main party was too much of a madhouse, personally.
Old 04-12-2011   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The Bullpen draft party was great last year. I haven't received an invite to that one this year. Has anyone heard whether they are going to do that again? I thought the main party was too much of a madhouse, personally.
There is not one this year

Booo Miller Lite!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-13-2011   #26
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is not one this year

Booo Miller Lite!
Damn, I was just about to ask about this, I can't belive there not doing one this year. The Bull Pen Draft party was very nice!

I'm still tailgating and going!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Keep in mind (unless the website says otherwise) no fire because no charcoal pits.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2011   #28
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

got gas and will travel found out that m grill works in the back of my truck
Old 04-21-2011   #29
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Boss man is talking about making me work Tues through Fri. but as of right now I still get Fridays off. I will be there.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #30
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Got a last minute ticket yesterday will be there.
Old 04-28-2011   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been to the last 8 draft parties and it just seems like a drunk fest to me. Nobody really seems to ? the Texans drafting at the party. The only times that this wasn't true was the Travis Johnson and MW picks.

They could have a better party if they were willing to auction off date with some of the players/cheerleaders. For TB thet could have fully clothed amatuer pole dancing. Tailgaiting like a regular season etc... But that wouldn't be in character with BoB's pristine corporate image. Oh well would be fun.

Instead it's just a drunkfest that I will have to sit out this yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #32
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I made it to this last Thursday!

Total Fail!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #33
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it is fun?? But after your team picks time to go home. Before then the Cheerleaders, all kinds of games, mingling with fans, I guess no player autographs this year, lol but probably ambassadors....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamarty View Post
Is this event worth attending?
I went last year and it really was a waste of time. I like the whole draft process and analysis and its impossible with the stupid pep band every 5 minutes.
Old 04-28-2011   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I went last year and it really was a waste of time. I like the whole draft process and analysis and its impossible with the stupid pep band every 5 minutes.
I would say that is fair - if you goal is to hear every pick and a break down of the picks, this event is not a good fit.

If you moreso want to get into Reliant, see other fans and have a little fun, and see most of the picks, it is a better fit.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-28-2011   #35
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Will drag my carcass over there after work today. I need my NFL fix, having dinner w/ E. Winston last night just wasn't enough.
Old 04-28-2011   #36
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I have my tickets. Tempted to turn up. Someone talk me into it.
Old 04-28-2011   #37
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have my tickets. Tempted to turn up. Someone talk me into it.
C'mon Katie! So far, it's just Joe...I need some grown-up talk!
Old 04-28-2011   #38
Ckw

I have a ticket but not sure if I will go. How much is the alcohol? I won't make it in time to tailgate, so my good time will have to be created by the drinks I buy there. Is it typical stadium prices?
Old 04-28-2011   #39
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I have a ticket but not sure if I will go. How much is the alcohol? I won't make it in time to tailgate, so my good time will have to be created by the drinks I buy there. Is it typical stadium prices?
Yes, not a good time if you'll want more than 1-2 beers.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-28-2011   #40
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in. What time are you heading over?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read