Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-08-2011   #1
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 7-Round Mock

Hey guys...Our new 7-round mock is out. This one was released by the other guy from our site. Mine will be out next week: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/81
NFLRoughDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 7-Round Mock

looks like a lot of work to me, thanks for sharing.

thing about Houston for OLB position is more of a downhill thumper, his change of direction ability dropping in coverage, sideline to sideline is questionable taking him this high. its a bit of a risky projection, I don't know if the Texans are planning to bring him in for a workout? but they would have to all sign off on him & I can't see that, not being close to BPA on anybody's board. I think Brooks Reed would make a more immediate impact in Wade Phillips system & you have him in the 50's so I would hold off addressing OLB here & focus on defensive BPA like a Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt to fill the 5 tech position.

love me some Jacquizz Rodgers, however he's like a mini- Walter Peyton one of my all time favorite players. I know you can't measure hearts but that more than anything is what measures up to me

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115850 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

My only problem with Houston is he goes against what the Texans traditionally look for from a character standpoint. If they like his skill set enough though they may not care.

-I hope Arron Williams last until their second pick but i doubt it.

-No way the Texans select Jaq Rodgers.

Great effort. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-08-2011   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great work!

If I were cherry picking though, I'd do something like this.

1. DE Cameron Jordan / J.J. Watt - I really like both of these guys. Not sure which one I'd select but I think the Texans would love either one.

2. OLB Brooks Reed - I think Reed is going to be a stud pass rushing OLB. If we could get Jordan/Watt and Reed I would be a happy happy happy fan.

3. CB Curtis Marsh - I really would like to have Acho and was tempted to go OLB two picks in a row. Without the luxury of being able to sign a FA CB and the possibility of Quin moving to FS, I'm choosing Marsh who has a lot of potential and could be a great CB.

4. OL Lee Ziemba - This was a tough selection. I think Ziemba could be a longterm fixture on the right side of our line. While not necessarily a need right now, we've addressed some defensive needs already and Ziemba is good value in the 4th. Nothing wrong with having a good OL with great depth.

5. NT Chris Neild - Wade gets a nose tackle that he's going to love. Will alternate with Mitchell and Cody and get increased playing time in the coming years.

6. ILB Jeremy Beal - Beal will move to ILB depth right now. He's a nonstop hustle player that will do anything it takes to make the play. Demeco, Cushing, Sharpton and Beal provide a solid ILB base.

7a. S Shiloh Keo - Interesting prospect out of Idaho. Quin may move to safety, I'd like to pick up a FA like Sensabaugh for SS that Wade is familiar with, Nolan has potential to impact this year, and Keo provides solid depth to develop.

7b. LB Bruce Miller - I didn't see him on the list but could have overlooked him. Miller is a versatile LB that will provide depth at both ILB and OLB.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read