Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-15-2005   #1
wiley2002
Veteran

Default Where's Jay

Any word on where Jay Foreman went?
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #2
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Isn't he still checking out the want ads?
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #3
wiley2002
Veteran

Oh I hope we can still get him back. I'm sure Greenwood will do fine but without someone who knows this sceme like Foreman, we may be in trouble fast.
Old 04-15-2005   #4
SESupergenius

That is another thing that worries me, now we have to bring not just one, but 2 lb's at the ILB position that will more than likely be new to the 3-4 defense. Here it is already half past April, the season starts in about 4 months and we still have no clue about our lineup. Our LB corps is in shambles and time is wasting. This has DJ written all over it.
Old 04-15-2005   #5
ny texan
Rookie

Chamberlin will make the team and be a #2 ILB along with whoever else is left.
With Greenwood and Wong, and the numbers behind them and their cap numbers, I''m a little puzzled by all the worry about ILB. I always understand trying to improve the position(s) but we're hardly sucking air here. I'm new to the 3-4, but after Babin and Peek, it seems OLB is a greater concern or opportunity to upgrade for the 3-4.
just my thoughts - flame on.
ny texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #6
THEFUTURE
All Pro

here are the current LB, not specifically ILB or OLB:
Acholonu, D.D.
Anderson, Charlie
Babin, Jason
Bell, Marcus
Chamberlin, Frank
Cheatwood, Tim
Dunn, Anthony
Evans, Troy
Greenwood, Morlon
Harrison, Tyreo
Monk, Quincy
Moretti, David
Orr, Shantee
Peek, Antwan
Polk, DaShon
Wong, Kailee

i see most of these players making the team exceptions are probably: Harrison, Tyreo
Monk, Quincy
Moretti, David

overrall i dont think the LB core is bad at all, i think we have more pressing needs on defense then LB, but its interesting that Zeke Moreno's name still isnt on the roster, can anyone clarify?
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #7
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley2002
Any word on where Jay Foreman went?
He's working on a new rap album with James Allen and Matt Stevens
Old 04-16-2005   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans ILBs have experience in the 3-4. Wong has played in this system for three seasons and knows the assignments. He played inside in preseason last year. Greenwood played 3-4 and 5-2 Eagle (in addition to 4-3) at Syracuse so it's not really new to him either. He's smart and flexible in-system. That's one of the reasons they signed him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foreman signs a minimum deal with Buffalo to compete with Mario Haggan for a back up spot behind London Fletcher.

Last edited by aj.; 04-16-2005 at 09:12 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Off coming to the reality that for most teams he would have been considered quality depth and not a starting quality LB
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

BFW

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:02 pm Post subject: Clayton: Seahawks could shake up roster before draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On his show:

They probably will release Chad Brown the next few days.

Koren Robinson probably wont make the roster, and will be cut June 1st, as will Bobby Taylor.

Rod Gardner trade could happen this week

The Seahawks could sign Jay Foreman or Chris draft this week.

Found this at the Hawk board I am on.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #11
bugmenot
waterboy

Default Jay Foreman is Now A Raider!

>> Jay Foreman, a former Eden Prairie and Nebraska linebacker and son of former Vikings running back Chuck Foreman, this week left the Houston Texans to sign a free-agent deal with the Oakland Raiders. <<

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/11624008.htm
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005   #12
wiley2002
Veteran

I wonder if he'll be a starter at all.
Old 05-12-2005   #13
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I hope so they have no ILBs that are worth a roster spot.
Old 05-12-2005   #14
wiley2002
Veteran

One of the Raider guys on the board said that the LBs are injury prone... something like that. Anyway, Foreman should fit in there.
Old 05-12-2005   #15
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I hope so they have no ILBs that are worth a roster spot.
Danny Clark ...129 tackles, 2 Sacks a FF , started all 16 games... but other than that i think Foreman and Clark will make a good run stuffing team inside.
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #16
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Foreman signed with Oakland
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish him well. He is a solid backup, but if they think he is first line starter material they are delisional.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i think Foreman and Clark will make a good run stuffing team inside.
Foreman and run-stuffing are mutually exclusive terms. Foreman (and Sharper) got a lot of tackles but that's what ILBs do in Capers' 3-4. Foreman is slow afoot and gets driven off the ball easily. He is not a penetrator and tends to get caught up in the pile and pushed backward. He's one of several reasons why the Texans finished 21st and 22nd in the league the last two seasons in average yards per rush allowed. You are in for a big disappointment if you think he will be any more than an average-at-best starter. Ideally, he's more of a backup situational/rotational/spot starter kind of player.

Last edited by aj.; 05-13-2005 at 12:01 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005   #19
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Raiders | More on Foreman Signing - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 07:27:06 -0700

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports the contract signed by LB Jay Foreman with the Oakland Raiders was a one-year deal worth roughly $540,000. Oakland defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said Foreman has the flexibility to play inside or out and the Raiders need help at both positions. Foreman might be expecting to start. When earlier asked about the possibility of signing with the Minnesota Vikings as a backup, Foreman commented, "I'm too old to be backing up."

$540,000? Wow, how much were we scheduled to pay him?
Old 05-13-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$540,000? Wow, how much were we scheduled to pay him?
About $1.25 million if I remember correctly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read