Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2005   #81
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah and those great game plans can get us far. Let's hope that they are even better this year. I look forward to seeing what he has in plan for us this year.
Old 04-16-2005   #82
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
The Texans run a pretty sophisticated defense so Losman will have to do some thinking. Capers can put together a great gameplan when he has time and his specialty is confusing QB's. Nobody thought we would beat Miami or Dallas on opening day.
I hear ya. Capers more or less invented the zone blitz. We're all very aware of the complex defensive schemes he and the Texans can put on the field. That being said, Losman has a lot of support on his side to (hopefully) overcome the difficulties in reading such a complex defense. He has creative offensive scheming thanks to Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements. He also has Sam Wyche (you know, that same guy who was quarterbacks coach for Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason back in the day) to help him along.

But the biggest thing Losman and the Bills have going for them is simply ATHLETICISM. When all the schemes unfold, when all else fails, I believe the Bills have enough offensive athleticism to make plays. McGahee is a STUD runningback. Moulds and Evans are a great receiver tandem, and Losman, although inexperienced, brings so much athleticism to the position that it'll make your head spin. This ain't no Drew Statue sitting back there waiting to get sacked. This kid can FLY. I think you'll all enjoy watching him, win or lose.
nostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #83
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Losman in one of my dynasty leagues. Brett Favre will probably start opening day, but I do get a close look at Losman right off the bat. This is probably Favre's last season so I'm looking for Losman to step up by next season for me....just not the first game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #84
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
I have Losman in one of my dynasty leagues. Brett Favre will probably start opening day, but I do get a close look at Losman right off the bat. This is probably Favre's last season so I'm looking for Losman to step up by next season for me....just not the first game.
The only problem with Losman from a fantasy perspective is that the Bills will likely be a run-first offense, and since their D should be solid, they'll likely never be in a blowout game where they have to pass 50 times to try to get back into the game.

Where Losman WILL have fantasy potential is in his scrambling yardage and redzone efficiency. I hate to use such an overplayed comparison, but Losman is like a poor man's Vick. He has a cannon and can scramble like the wind, but early on he's going to need to learn how to read defenses. But as we've seen with Vick, the sheer athleticism is enough to make him valuable in fantasy leagues.
nostyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read