Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2005   #61
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsfanALWAYS
Hey Didn't you guys lose to the texans when it was a must need win? Wast your stadium like half full? So please dont talk when your fans cant be bothered to show up.
Didnt you guys just have to win to get in the playoffs, but instead the Broncos went?
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #62
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Moulds had 88 receptions to AJ's 79
Moulds had 101 less recieving yards and 1 less touchdown last year.
Moulds also averaged 11.9 yards per catch, Johnson averaged 14.5.
And AJ is like 8 years younger....
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #63
thebillsownyou
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Moulds had 88 receptions to AJ's 79
Moulds had 101 less recieving yards and 1 less touchdown last year.
Moulds also averaged 11.9 yards per catch, Johnson averaged 14.5.
AJ didn't have bledsoe throwin to him. If he did his stats would be worse than Moulds. You guys got nothin on the bills.
thebillsownyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #64
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Lee Evans and Moulds are good, but lets not start trying to rate them with AJ, if we had better protection, and another threat, AJ could have put up an additional 300 yards maybe and a few more TD... AJ was a pro bowl receiver, that no one wanted to face, and the Bills wont either. i dont remember either of your two receivers gaining that kind of recognition.
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #65
thebillsownyou
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
Lee Evans and Moulds are good, but lets not start trying to rate them with AJ, if we had better protection, and another threat, AJ could have put up an additional 300 yards maybe and a few more TD... AJ was a pro bowl receiver, that no one wanted to face, and the Bills wont either. i dont remember either of your two receivers gaining that kind of recognition.
Every quarterback since Kelly has sucked and Moulds puts up pretty good numbers with crappy quarterbacks
thebillsownyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #66
THEFUTURE
All Pro

are you kidding me, bledsoe threw for almost 3000 yards 20 tds and 16 picks and had good protection completing 256 of 450 for 56.9% ... carr had 3500 yards 16 tds and 14 picks with bad protection completing 285 of 466 for 61.2%.... so i wouldnt say that carr is vastly superior to bledsoe, he will be, but last year. carr was on the same level. no better no worse
Old 04-16-2005   #67
THEFUTURE
All Pro

tell me how many times moulds was triple teamed last year, cuz i guarantee he wasnt close to AJ, neither was Evans... no one fears them like they do AJ. AJ is a superior athlete and a superior WR now
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2005   #68
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I can tell you one thing right now, Moulds wont see the ball a lot the first game of the season. Not because D-Rob will be covering him but because the Bills are going to give us Texans a steady dose of Willis McGahee. And we will be going into that game with, minimum, 2 new players at LB (Greenwood and Wong moving inside) and we could have 3 if we draft an OLB high.

Good thing I have McGahee in my fantasy dynasty league

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #69
nostyle
Rookie

Hey all, another Bills fan here to give you my take...

First off, I do think the Texans, as of right now, have to be seen as a notch below Buffalo until proven otherwise. Last year Buffalo had one of the best defenses and the best special teams in the league. We also have some scary offensive weapons, although we weren't able to make the most of them. We were very competitive in the most competitive division in the league, the AFC East.

On top of that, this is a home opener in Buffalo, which pretty much makes it a holiday up there. Add the excitement of a new era (Losman's era), and it'll be quite a difficult place to play for the Texans.

All that being said, OF COURSE the Texans can win. This is the parody-filled NFL, not some busch league like major league baseball where only a handful of big-market teams can be competitive. With few exceptions, every NFL team is within a notch of eachother, and on 'any given Sunday' any team can win. I mean just last year we saw Miami knock off the Pats. 'Nuff said.

To comment on a few other things I've seen mentioned in this thread...

Losing Bledsoe is NOT A DOWNGRADE like many people seem to think it is. Bledsoe was HOLDING US BACK, and we all knew it. Bringing in Losman will not be a major step back at all, you'll see. And in time it will become a major step forward. Now, that probably won't mean much in week 1, but the worst part about week 1 for the Texans is the wildcard nature of this new young gun. Maybe he'll come out and knock all our socks off. You never know. He's an X factor at this point, and that can be scary from the Texans' perspective. I suppose that is somewhat counterbalanced by the logic that this young quarterback will be seeing his first real action as a starter, so for the sake of argument I'll say that these two factors negate eachother.

Now, onto Andre Johnson versus Moulds. As much as I like Moulds, I think Johnson is actually in the process of becoming a better receiver than him. I think Andre is one of the best young receivers in the league, and he's only getting better. I hate to admit that as a die-hard Bills fan, but it's what I see. In another 2-3 years we're all going to be talking about Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Roy Williams. Just my take...

Good grief, 5 months until kickoff???!!!!! Hope you're all as geeked up as I am to get next season going! Good luck this coming season...aside from opening day, of course.

nostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #70
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebillsownyou
AJ didn't have bledsoe throwin to him. If he did his stats would be worse than Moulds. You guys got nothin on the bills.
And where was Moulds when they were playing in Hawaii?

Wow, we have to endure this for another 5 months?

Last edited by TEXANS84; 04-16-2005 at 06:54 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #71
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
Wow, we have to endure this for another 5 months?
Nah. This is just one topic that happened to get noticed by some Bills forumers. Right now we're really more all about the Travis Henry saga and the upcoming draft.

Then there will be mini camp...

Then there will be training camp...

And then you'll likely see Bills spam on this board...just as we'll inevitably see Texans spam on ours...
Old 04-16-2005   #72
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostyle
Nah. This is just one topic that happened to get noticed by some Bills forumers. Right now we're really more all about the Travis Henry saga and the upcoming draft.
BTW, you bring up a good point. What is the current situation with Travis Henry? And are you guys upset to see him go?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #73
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
BTW, you bring up a good point. What is the current situation with Travis Henry? And are you guys upset to see him go?
Right now our GM Donahoe is trying to get the most for Henry, and it looks like our best bet is a draft-day trade with Arizona for L.J. Shelton. Both sides feel they deserve more than the other side is offering right now, though.

I personally am very upset to see the Bills' relationship with Henry end this way. You have to understand, this is a kid who grew up in Frostproof, Florida as a Bills fan. He worshipped the Bills and then actually got a chance to play for the team he loved. He made the most of his opportunity before Willis came along. Back when we were trying out a runningback-by-committee system of Shawn Bryson, Sammy Morris, and rookie Travis Henry, Travis CLEARLY was the best back we had. He was supposed to be our next great runningback. That's why we were all so shocked when we drafted Willis. Now, as it turns out, it looks like McGahee will be a great back for us, but I absolutely understand why Henry is so upset by how this has all played out. It's really a shame the way it's unfolding. Recently Henry said that if he's not traded he'll sit out next season. I hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 04-16-2005   #74
The_Philster
Rookie

There's always some homerism on both sides...especially during the offseason..it should be a good game...Bills coming out on top, of course
The_Philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #75
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok sounds like the bills are pretty confident and i can admire that, until we dont see any of them back on the board after we beat their team 24-17. Thats how all fans who visit message boards are, they talk their stuff and if they lose they never come back but if they win you'll never hear the end of it. In that case i dont expect to see many bills fans around here after our first game !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #76
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah that's because people always wanna be right. If they get caught being wrong they feel real dumb so they just dont come back.
Old 04-16-2005   #77
BillsOwnzorz2121

OK first of all as a die hard bill fan its hard for me to say this but its pretty obvious AJ is better than moulds.

As for the game i think the bills win beacause of the atmosphere of the home opener and our defence will make some big plays.. its gonna be a close on though

For the people who say our defence isnt as good cuz we lost Big Pat your wrong, remember the Bills still have the keg Sam Adams... I also think one of our other DT can step up and make some plays

As for TH he can get the hell outta Buffalo we dont want him here

My Prediction its a nail bitter 21-20 Bills
Old 04-16-2005   #78
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
ok sounds like the bills are pretty confident and i can admire that, until we dont see any of them back on the board after we beat their team 24-17. Thats how all fans who visit message boards are, they talk their stuff and if they lose they never come back but if they win you'll never hear the end of it. In that case i dont expect to see many bills fans around here after our first game
I wholeheartedly admit I likely won't be back for a long, long time. I only dropped in to see this thread and chime in quickly. I wouldn't exactly say I've done a whole lot of talking, either, but I do feel good about the Bills' outlook this coming season.

That being said, even the cockier fans won't be back after the opener, win or lose. This isn't exactly a long-standing rivalry, and as soon as week 1 is done we will all be looking to week 2.

Quote:
Yeah that's because people always wanna be right. If they get caught being wrong they feel real dumb so they just dont come back.
The cocky ones will come back after a win and say "we rule you suck later suckas!" and after a loss they simply won't come back at all. Either way they won't linger on the board much longer after week 1 has passed.
Old 04-16-2005   #79
nostyle
Rookie

Quote:
For the people who say our defence isnt as good cuz we lost Big Pat your wrong, remember the Bills still have the keg Sam Adams... I also think one of our other DT can step up and make some plays
There still isn't a single guy on our roster who takes up quite as much space as big Pat, but I agree that Adams really made Pat better and not vice versa...much like when Pat got to play next to big Ted Washington. I'm curious to see if Tim Anderson, Ron Williams, and Justin Bannan are ready for this, because we really don't have many other options. Edwards is a great pass-rushing DT but can he be an every-down defender?
Old 04-16-2005   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans run a pretty sophisticated defense so Losman will have to do some thinking. Capers can put together a great gameplan when he has time and his specialty is confusing QB's. Nobody thought we would beat Miami or Dallas on opening day.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read