Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2005   #41
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tupg42k1
If our defense can pick off were we left off last year we have a 50/50 chance. I would try to give them different looks to try to confuse Losman. Send Dunta on a blitz package. Then hopefully if Carr Bomb is correct Carr should feel "rejunvinated" from all the sacks he took and come out the gates firing on all cylinders. A good dose of DD and pure execution should keep this good. To me it's gonna be a defensive game. I would set my mind on trying to give a season opener to Losman he will never forget.(Defense, and mentally wise, no injuries.)

You better hope they don't pick up where they "left off" last year...that would be the Cleveland game where they looked like SB contenders against the Texans leading to an embarrassing loss by the Texans. If I remember right that was the one game almost everybody agreed the Texans would win and instead they laid a big fat egg.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #42
TKO's Comin' for ya!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelBlue
It's good that Loseman can move, since Babin and Peek will be after his *** all day. Y'all have a good D but, not having Williams will hurt. The Buffalo ends will not get as good of pressure on QBs and DD will have room up the gut. Also none of your coeners are good enough to stick with AJ.

My prediction, a close game: Texans- 17 , Bills 14 in OT

Your right that the loss of Williams will hurt us a little bit... but you are completely wrong about our corners! We had the 3rd best passing defense in the league last year and haven't lost anybody in our secondary. If anything we are going to be better this year than we were last year. Both Milloy and Vincent were injured for most of the first part of the season last year. And Vincent was great last year in his switch to Free Safety. With a year to actually learn the position, he could be dominent.
TKO's Comin' for ya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #43
NOTAHOMER

I am a Bills fan, and I give the Texans a very good chance againt us on opening day for several reasons.

1)We lose our big DT Pat Williams to the Vikings in free agency. Pat Williams was arguably the better run stuffer on our defensive line, and his prescence in the run game will most likely be missed.

2)We have also lost our starting LT to the 49ers in free agency. Jonnas Jennings was probably the best lineman on our offensive line last year, and it is still up in the air on who will replace him.(Henry for LJ Shelton trade is still being negotiated)

3)Like many have mentioned, we have essentially a rookie quaterback starting for us on opening day. No one knows how Losman will play in his first game as a starter, but if he is like most first year starters he may have a tough time throwing downfield, and the Texans could win the turnover battle because of this.

It should make for a good game, as I expect the Texans to be a much improved team.
Old 04-16-2005   #44
jpc1028
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Buffalo beat us at home in our first year and we beat them on the road our second year.

As far as being a notch below than them. They were 8-8, we were 7-9. I would say that is about right.
the bills were 9-7 last year. thank you.
jpc1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #45
BILLS 4 LIFE
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
Cracks me up every time I hear everyone wanting to "be realistic" and ranking teams based on the previous year and by their collective talent.

The margin of victory in the NFL is very small. Although you can get a pretty good read on a team based on past performance and through analysis of their current roster, you have to be a soothsayer to accurately determine who will win a game or season. After all, once you factor in emotions, health, atmosphere, weather, etc, etc., some funny things can happen in football.

Besides that, if I looked at The Mighty Buffaloes record last year which assumedly places the Texans as great underdogs this year, I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Last year:
Buffalo was swept by the Patriots handily.
They split with the Jets.
Lost to the Raiders (Texans' beat the Raiders) Lost to Jacksonville(oh, that is right the Texans swept the Jags), and lost to both the Ravens and Steelers.
Who did they beat? Cardinals, Miami twice (Impressed!), San Fran(WOW!), Cleveland(Powerhouse), Cincy, St. Louis and Seattle. Impressive!

That said, what is in the past is in the past. My belief is that the Texans will be greatly improved with added experience for the first year players along with the maturation of Carr. I also believe that Capers will have the team mentally ready to play.

Last year the Texans were "being realistic" when they thought they should easily defeat the Chargers but didn't. Who saw the emergence of Antonio Gates and Drew Brees? I bet some of the Charger fans did! But certainly not the ones who were being "realistic" and pessimistic.

The Texans are not a notch below the Bills. If they beat the Texans then we can talk about notches. Until then, Texans "fans" can replace the "realistic" pessimism with "realistic" optimism.
the pats are the SB champs, with deadslow at the helm there was a reason we were swept "handily" ( 31-17 week 3, lost on a bledsoe fumble)

we pointed out that we beat weak teams, we did, i'm not disagreeing with you, but look at the games earlier in the season. the nail biters that we came up short on, we could've been at least 11-5 if clements knocks down the ball vs. the jags, if the refs didnt blow a call (which the NFL admitted they did) in Oakland which cost us a TD or the 3 redzone picks bledsoe threw against teh ravens
BILLS 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #46
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what Bills fans think about what Texans fans think about the Bills...I don't really like getting into lame trash talk arguments before the draft, so I'll simply say it should be a close game...Good luck to the Bills (even if the game is 5 months away)...
Old 04-16-2005   #47
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Bills Homer
They have Johnson at #1 and he could probably at least compete for #2 on the Bills, but he is all they have....
Funniest thing I've read all day...
Old 04-16-2005   #48
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1028
The bills D is absolutly amazing. 2nd overall in the league, and 1st in scoring D last year.... thats impressive
Originally Posted by aj.
Actually the Bills were 8th in the league in scoring defense last year, right behind Jacksonville who was 7th and who the Texans beat twice.
from this thread

Quote:
hey moron, the bills were 9-7 last year. thank you.
the bills were 8th in league in scoring defense, not 2nd...get to know your own team before throwing around 'moron' on this board. calm down man, and remember the texans are not push overs and have the real possibilty of bringing you to tears after the first game of this season.

Last edited by Vinny; 04-16-2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: formatting...
jr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #49
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
from this thread

the bills were 8th in league in scoring defense...calm down man, and remember the texans are not push overs and have the real possibilty of bringing you to tears after the first game of this season.
We brought tears the first game and now its the Texans turn.....
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #50
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
This is what Bills fans think about what Texans fans think about the Bills...I don't really like getting into lame trash talk arguments before the draft, so I'll simply say it should be a close game...Good luck to the Bills (even if the game is 5 months away)...
this is the funniest thing from that website.
Quote:
They have Johnson at #1 and he could probably at least compete for #2 on the Bills, but he is all they have....
I don't know what the probably would be.. not being biased..(or maybe I am)... if we gave AJ a complimentary reciever that wasn't either hit or miss(sorry to diss on bradford).. but ..a WR that was consistant and took the double team off of AJ ..I'd have to say Randy Moss numbers for AJ...because he is a physical..go gettem WR without the attitude (off the field).

maybe I am biased and he'd knock Moulds to number 2 and Reed to number3

Last edited by Wolf; 04-16-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #51
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

I think you forgot about Lee Evans, Wolf...Somehow he managed to get 9 TD receptions last year despite only starting 11 games...
Old 04-16-2005   #52
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelBlue
It's good that Loseman can move, since Babin and Peek will be after his *** all day. Y'all have a good D but, not having Williams will hurt. The Buffalo ends will not get as good of pressure on QBs and DD will have room up the gut. Also none of your coeners are good enough to stick with AJ.

My prediction, a close game: Texans- 17 , Bills 14 in OT
Nate Clements is pretty good - one of the better CBs in the league. He tied with Dunta for 6 ints last year and had nearly as many tackles - not quite as many passes "defensed", though. He's close to Pro-Bowl quality, really. Terrence McGee's always around the play, but not as great at stopping the catch. Depending on what we do with the #2 WR spot, this could be a critical matchup for our offense.

However, I do agree that losing Pat Williams will be the key. The Texans' OLine weakness is in the middle of the line, and having a new guy start at nose should allow our O to perform better than normal.

Defensively, we just have to get pressure on the rookie. McGahee is a great back, but he's not going to beat a 3-4 all by himself as long as our line holds up. As usual, our secondary will make the play as long as we keep the time window for Losman average or shorter. Our secondary is deadly if Losman makes the mistakes all rookie QBs make - 5th in the league in INTs last year, despite being 32nd in getting pressure.

No way to predict a score this early, or even a winner. However, with our secondary, we have to recognize the earlier we can play the rookie, the better the chance that Dunta, Marcus, Aaron and Demarcus will get the big play to seal the deal for us.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #53
BillsfanALWAYS

Lets not forget we were #1 in special Teams last year. Bledsoe was holding the team down if we would of had a decent qb we would of gone to the playoffs last year. So i dont see much of a decline from the qb position.
Old 04-16-2005   #54
BillsfanALWAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
Nate Clements is pretty good - one of the better CBs in the league. He tied with Dunta for 6 ints last year and had nearly as many tackles - not quite as many passes "defensed", though. He's close to Pro-Bowl quality, really. Terrence McGee's always around the play, but not as great at stopping the catch. Depending on what we do with the #2 WR spot, this could be a critical matchup for our offense.

However, I do agree that losing Pat Williams will be the key. The Texans' OLine weakness is in the middle of the line, and having a new guy start at nose should allow our O to perform better than normal.

Defensively, we just have to get pressure on the rookie. McGahee is a great back, but he's not going to beat a 3-4 all by himself as long as our line holds up. As usual, our secondary will make the play as long as we keep the time window for Losman average or shorter. Our secondary is deadly if Losman makes the mistakes all rookie QBs make - 5th in the league in INTs last year, despite being 32nd in getting pressure.

No way to predict a score this early, or even a winner. However, with our secondary, we have to recognize the earlier we can play the rookie, the better the chance that Dunta, Marcus, Aaron and Demarcus will get the big play to seal the deal for us.
Loseing pat will not hurt as much as you think. Remember he plays next to sam adams who is a dominant defensive lineman. Adams took on double teams while pat could barely take 1 sometimes. Ron edwards will do fine trust me there almost the same player. Second Moulds and lee will tear you guys apart easily. With you guys fearing the run.
Old 04-16-2005   #55
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsfanALWAYS
Loseing pat will not hurt as much as you think. Remember he plays next to sam adams who is a dominant defensive lineman. Adams took on double teams while pat could barely take 1 sometimes. Ron edwards will do fine trust me there almost the same player. Second Moulds and lee will tear you guys apart easily. With you guys fearing the run.
Homerism at its best.....
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #56
BillsfanALWAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
Homerism at its best.....
Hey Didn't you guys lose to the texans when it was a must need win? Wast your stadium like half full? So please dont talk when your fans cant be bothered to show up.
Old 04-16-2005   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #58
jpc1028
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

maybe I am biased and he'd knock Moulds to number 2 and Reed to number3
reed to #3??? reed is #3/#4 as it is...... have you heard of LEE EVANS?? look him up. great wr. he is our #2.

id take eric moulds ANY DAY over AJ....... however if you are building a franchise you take AJ only because he is younger.
jpc1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #59
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
reed to #3??? reed is #3/#4 as it is...... have you heard of LEE EVANS?? look him up. great wr. he is our #2.

id take eric moulds ANY DAY over AJ....... however if you are building a franchise you take AJ only because he is younger.
Wow, if this guy isn't a homer, i dont know what is
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #60
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Moulds had 88 receptions to AJ's 79
Moulds had 101 less recieving yards and 1 less touchdown last year.
Moulds also averaged 11.9 yards per catch, Johnson averaged 14.5.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read