Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-15-2005   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Official Texans Draft Predicitons

post your picks of the Texans 2005 Draft here, lets see who can predict the newest Texans

beerlovers picks-

Demarcus Ware

Rosco Parrish

Stanley Wilson

Matt McCoy

Sione Pouha

Claude Terrell

Frank Gore

Junis Coston
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

1.DJ or Carlos Rogers LB or CB
2.Adam Terry OL
3.a Luis Castillo DL
3b. Jerome Mathis WR/KR
4.Atiya Ellison DL
5.Adam Kieft OL
6.Brandon Jacobs RB/TE
7. Jonothan Simon DL
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'll play

I've been blasting a lot of folks all off season. Only fair that the get thier shots. I've enjoyed your posts this off season beerlover. Excellent research. Love Gore in the sixeth round. That's ussually where CC takes a flyer on a guy. Makes sense to me.
My 73 is gone for DJ.

10. DJ
47. David Bass OG,/Chriss Spencer G/C
78. Castilio DL
108. Tony Brown WR
142. Charles Byrd CB
173. Nehimiah Broughton RB Citidal
204 Cody Camble OL Texas Tech
206. Nick Collins DB Bethune-Cookman
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
post your picks of the Texans 2005 Draft here, lets see who can predict the newest Texans

beerlovers picks-

Demarcus Ware

Rosco Parrish

Stanley Wilson

Matt McCoy

Sione Pouha

Claude Terrell

Frank Gore

Junis Coston
Mountain West fan?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #5
texansalltheway
Rookie

Round 1: *(21) David Pollack- LB, Georgia-Buschi type player that could play inside or out
Round 2: (47) Chris Spencer- C, Ole Miss-youth and eventual replacement for McKinney
Round 2: (52) Marion Barber III- RB, Minnesota Was the power back in one of the countries best backfield could compliment DD very well
Round 3: (74) Donte Nicholson S, Oklahoma-great versus the run and is physical and makes plays
Round 3: (77) Ronald Bartell- CB, Howard
Round 4: (114) Darrell Shropshire- DT, S. Carolina
Round 5: (151) Rob Petitte- OT, Pittsburgh
Round 6: (188) Boomer Grigsby LB-Illinios St.
Round 7: (227) Jason Jefferson- DT, Wisconsin

Traded down with Jacksonville for their #21 and #52
texansalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #6
Xman
Veteran

1. Cedric Benson 5-10, 222 4.52 Texas
You have to take him if he falls (might be cadillac).
2. Chris Spencer 6-3, 310 Mississippi
Will be ready to step in at C in a year. This pick could be Bass if he is there or another of the OGs ranked in this area.
3a. Roscoe Parrish 5-10, 170 4.43 Miami
We need some speed at the position - besides AJ.
3b. Stanley Wilson 6-0, 185 4.40 Stanford
Could be ready to start opposite Dunta in 2 years.
4. Anthony Bryant 6-3, 332 5.00 Alabama
5. Albert Means 6-4, 320 5.35 Memphis
Bryant and Means could be the future at the nose - by taking both it allows one to fail and still have a solution after Payne. If both pan out, they will be able to rotate, which is needed with big guys like these.
6. James Kinney 6-1, 244 4.63 Missouri
Has the tools, just needs coaching to se if he will develop.
7. Chris Carr (Return Kicks/DB) 5-9, 185 4.65 Boise State
Return game needs help, also backup in secondary.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation

Round 1 6(6) - Derrick Johnson, ILB, Texas (Will play ILB, and can cover.)
Round 2 15(47) - -Traded- (To Tenn)
Round 3 9(73) - Ben Wilkerson, C, L.S.U. (Will eventually take over for Steve)
Round 3 14(78) - Courtney Roby, WR, Indiana (Ran a 4.33, and will take over #2 next year.
Round 4 13(115) - -Traded- (To Tenn)
Round 5 15(152) - Sione Pouha, DT, Utah (At 6-33/8, 325 LBS, he has the size to play NT for a 3-4.
Round 6 14(189) - -Traded- (To Tenn)
Round 7 13(228) - Noah Herron, RB, Northwestern (Runs hard. Has excellent size and a solid frame. Is a smart runner. Has good hands out of the backfield...Physical and will punish defenders.)

Yes, we trade with the Titans once again. They get more picks, and we get our linebacker.

The Titans still take Barron at #13.

Last edited by Blake; 04-15-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2005   #8
Xman
Veteran

If the rumors about the trade up are true:

#3 Braylon WR
3a. Evan Mathis OG 6-5, 305 5.15 Alabama

the rest the same:
3b. Stanley Wilson CB 6-0, 185 4.40 Stanford
Could be ready to start opposite Dunta in 2 years.
4. Anthony Bryant DT 6-3, 332 5.00 Alabama
5. Albert Means DT 6-4, 320 5.35 Memphis
Bryant and Means could be the future at the nose - by taking both it allows one to fail and still have a solution after Payne. If both pan out, they will be able to rotate, which is needed with big guys like these.
6. James Kinney LB 6-1, 244 4.63 Missouri
Has the tools, just needs coaching to se if he will develop.
7. Chris Carr (Return Kicks/DB) 5-9, 185 4.65 Boise State
Return game needs help, also backup in secondary.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Mountain West fan?
nope. just a fan of talented College football players that have a future in the NFL
Old 04-15-2005   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm probably way off, but I'll take

1. Demarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
2. Sherrod White, WR, UAB
3a. Ronald Bartell, CB, Howard
3b. Jason Brown, C, North Carolina
4. Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville
5. Jonathan Welsh, OLB, Wisconsin
6. Anthony Bryant, NT, Alabama
7a. Daniel Loper, OT, Texas Tech
7b. Chris Rix, QB, FSU

We do have 2 7th rounders this year, right?
Old 04-15-2005   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
I've been blasting a lot of folks all off season. Only fair that the get thier shots. I've enjoyed your posts this off season beerlover. Excellent research. Love Gore in the sixeth round. That's ussually where CC takes a flyer on a guy. Makes sense to me.
My 73 is gone for DJ.

10. DJ
47. David Bass OG,/Chriss Spencer G/C
78. Castilio DL
108. Tony Brown WR
142. Charles Byrd CB
173. Nehimiah Broughton RB Citidal
204 Cody Camble OL Texas Tech
206. Nick Collins DB Bethune-Cookman
thanks I like your picks as well. I just could not commit to DJ slipping to the Texans or David Baas for that matter. also the key pick here is Rosco Parish, I've seen Miami play alot and this kid is a playmaker & seemed to me like a game breaker everytime he touched the ball. the fit with AJ would be a natural hook up playing in the #2 slot without complaint opening up routes for Andre all over the field, to me this is a factor not to be overlooked even if there is a higher rated pick on the board.

of all the hidden gems my sleeper pick is Matt McCoy, he played outside linebacker in College he is undersized for this position in the NFL but is ideal size for a ILB position in the 3-4. he is the same size as Greenwood 5116 234 lbs. fast sub 4.6/40 and sideline to sideline plus explosive hitter with excellent strength. this would makeup the foundation for the Texans linebackers solidn for years as they play together they'll only get better, he would be a steal, a steal in the 3rd round, I just hope Casserly reads this

Old 04-15-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I'm probably way off, but I'll take

1. Demarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
2. Sherrod White, WR, UAB
3a. Ronald Bartell, CB, Howard
3b. Jason Brown, C, North Carolina
4. Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville
5. Jonathan Welsh, OLB, Wisconsin
6. Anthony Bryant, NT, Alabama
7a. Daniel Loper, OT, Texas Tech
7b. Chris Rix, QB, FSU

We do have 2 7th rounders this year, right?
haven't seen anything in print for awhile about the 2nd 7th rd pick from KC

nice picks D-Rek, you meet several needs as well & we AGREE on Demarcus Ware

do you mean Roddy White AL-Birm? don't think he'll be available that far into the 2nd rd. plus he is more of a #1 type of WR.

Ronald Bartell plays more like a nickle or Safety & does not have CB instincts that would thrive in a man to man, could see him struggle at CB and possibly be moved to Safety.

thats kinda high for Jason Brown if you take Center this high I would prefeer Scott Mruckowskie, Bowling Green 6044 323 5.31/40. I thought about him here but found a much higher rated player and also a need in Matt McCoy.

Robert McCune sounds alot like Matt McCoy doesn't it? over hyped and better known prospect that just doesn't measure up with Matt.

Jonathan Welsh nice OLB prospect, looked at him here as well but decided with a rotation of Babin, Ware, Greenwood, Wong & Peek it would be hard to justify and address another need instead. but I like him as a player.

if not Sinoe Pouhu, Utah I like taking a NT and Anthony Bryant would be a good one, I like that pick.

Daniel Loper very possible.
Old 04-15-2005   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
haven't seen anything in print for awhile about the 2nd 7th rd pick from KC

nice picks D-Rek, you meet several needs as well & we AGREE on Demarcus Ware

do you mean Roddy White AL-Birm? don't think he'll be available that far into the 2nd rd. plus he is more of a #1 type of WR.

Ronald Bartell plays more like a nickle or Safety & does not have CB instincts that would thrive in a man to man, could see him struggle at CB and possibly be moved to Safety.

thats kinda high for Jason Brown if you take Center this high I would prefeer Scott Mruckowskie, Bowling Green 6044 323 5.31/40. I thought about him here but found a much higher rated player and also a need in Matt McCoy.

Robert McCune sounds alot like Matt McCoy doesn't it? over hyped and better known prospect that just doesn't measure up with Matt.

Jonathan Welsh nice OLB prospect, looked at him here as well but decided with a rotation of Babin, Ware, Greenwood, Wong & Peek it would be hard to justify and address another need instead. but I like him as a player.

if not Sinoe Pouhu, Utah I like taking a NT and Anthony Bryant would be a good one, I like that pick.

Daniel Loper very possible.
I've heard conflicting reports on if we have the 206th pick...When we traded Steve Cheek to them, we got a conditional 7th rounder, and some sources say we have their 7th rounder and others don't...

Sherrod White = Roddy White, I just like calling him by his given first name...I think it's very possible he slips into the mid 2nd due to guys like Matt Jones and Reggie Brown moving up draft boards...Sherrod has been relatively quiet and I think it's very possible he slides...If he's not available at 47, I'd take Reggie Brown...

If I remember correctly, the main thing that impressed us about Dunta was his speed and ability to thrive in zone coverage, which are the same traits that Bartell has...He's a shade over 6'1", and ran a 4.37 at the combine...He needs polishing, but he wouldn't be expected to make an immediate impact with D-Rob and Glenn starting and Faggins and Sanders having nickle and dime duties...If there's one position we've been able to develop successfully here, it has been DBs, so I think with a year or even two of practice here, Bartell could emerge as a star...

I chose Jason Brown because he has impressed me the most of all the centers...He could come in and pressure McKinney right away, and he won't get pushed around by bigger DTs...I thought Wilkerson, but his injury concerns kinda scare me away...

McCoy doesn't really impress me...McCune is faster, a surer tackler, came from a bigger school, and is more ready to make an immediate impact in the middle...The only knock I've seen on McCune is his age...

I like the versatility that Welsh brings, and we have shown a tendency to take multiple LBs per draft...I think he'd probably fit better on the outside in a rotation with Babin...Peek and Ware would be on the right and Babin and Welsh would be on the left...Charlie Anderson would likely serve as a special teamer and step in as a back-up if someone were to get injured...

I chose Bryant because I think someone will take Pouha before then...If Pouha were there, I'd take him over Bryant because he's more athletic...
Old 04-15-2005   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Roddy White is similar to Troy Williamson don't you think? very similar size and speed, if he lasted until the Texans pick that would be fine with me. Reggie Brown is even higer rated, I was trying to be more realistic and focus on a true slot possesion type that could break-open the underneath routes so AJ could go deep with only single coverage. one thing for sure is that if the Texans don't trade away the pick this would be the spot to secure an impact WR, which it seems we can both agree upon
Old 04-16-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

According to the guys over at HPF, Babineaux is strictly a one-gap guy, so he may not be the best fit for us as a NT...I like the rest of your picks though, B.O.B.
Old 04-16-2005   #16
MikeMc
All Pro

I'd rather have McCoy's teammate, Kirk Morrison as the future heart of the Defense (ILB).

Seeing that the team re-signed Bradford, I think WR is less of a "need".

1st Rd - Alex Barron or Khalif Barnes (LTs)
2nd rd - Corey Webster (CB)
3rd rd (A) - Darryl Blackstock or Barrett Ruud (OLB & ILB)
3rd rd (B) - Vincent Jackson (WR)
4th rd - Eric Shelton or Kirk Morrison (RB & ILB)

One week away!!!
Old 04-16-2005   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Why would you want Barron or Barnes? Neither would be able to remedy any of the O-Line's problems from the bench...Blackstock and Ruud are both legitimate 1st round prospects; I don't think either of them last til the third round...I think Morrison is too slow to play ILB here...The only pick out of those I'd be upset with would be Barron/Barnes...
Old 04-16-2005   #18
hound
Rookie

Default Based on NFL Draft Countdown round rankings

19. From the Rams Justin Miller - CB/KR
47. Darryl Blackstock - ILB
50. From the Rams Luis Castillo - DT
73. Evan Mathis - OG
78. Courtney Robey - WR
114. Joe Dreesen - TE
150. Derek Wake - OLB
188. Jason Jefferson - DT
215. Walter Reyes - RB
hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #19
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound
19. From the Rams Justin Miller - CB/KR
47. Darryl Blackstock - ILB
50. From the Rams Luis Castillo - DT
73. Evan Mathis - OG
78. Courtney Robey - WR
114. Joe Dreesen - TE
150. Derek Wake - OLB
188. Jason Jefferson - DT
215. Walter Reyes - RB
That would be a pretty solid draft.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #20
Danish Texan
Rookie

My dreams picks for the Texans in the first 3 rounds. No trades

Round 1: OT Alex Barron, Florida State. Seth wand has to be upgraded, and Barron is the best LT prospect in the draft.
Round 2: OLB Darryl Blackstock, Virginia. The pass rush has to be upgraded, and this guy is a freak.
Round 3a: DT Luis Castillo, Northwestern. If his off field problems cause him to slide to the third, we should pick him up.
Round 3b: S Donte Nicholson, Oklahoma. SS is the weak link in an otherwise strong secondary, and this guy could fix that problem.
Danish Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read