Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2005   #1
crazy4u310
Rookie

Default Which game.............

What do you guys think....which game will decide if we are going to the playoff or not? I think last year was the greenbay game when it all came crashing down.
crazy4u310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The game against Indy at home.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

It wont be one game it will be the string of games we lose in a row instead of splitting some of the games. We really need to win at least 2 to 3 in each tier of games to do anything
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #4
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

Once week 7 hits, that will be the test. The rest of the schedule is 2 away and 2 at home. That might hit the team really hard. But I think the guys just need to mentally prepare for that for the schedule sooner rather than later.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

all of them.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Vinny. My answer is "Yes".
Old 04-15-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I could see a scenario where we have to beat San Fran to go to the playoffs and somehow we manage to lose it (like Cleveland to end last season).
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2005   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I could see a scenario where we have to beat San Fran to go to the playoffs and somehow we manage to lose it (like Cleveland to end last season).
You are thinking with Houston Oiler mentality. Those days of choking are over. The better we as fans start doing that, the better the atmosphere for our players, the better the atmosphere, the higher the expectation, the higher the expectation, the better level of playing, the better level of playing, the deeper into the playoffs, the deeper into the playoffs, SUPERBOWL BOUND.

Remove the choke mentality yall. I did. I even took down and removed all my Oiler pictures and memorabilia and stored it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They are all equal in the standings , one win or one loss .

That said I believe it will take a record of 10-6 to get a wildcard 12-4 to win the division .
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #10
canadiantexan
Veteran

I think all of them but mostly I think that game 2nd game against the Jags will have playoff implications for both teams (we'll keep them from the playoffs again)
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4u310
What do you guys think....which game will decide if we are going to the playoff or not? I think last year was the greenbay game when it all came crashing down.

Our season was dismantled in games 8, 9: at Denver, at Indianapolis. We were 4-3 and playing well. After those two games, we were 4-5 and playing like chumps.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does no one else what happened in cleveland? They probably didn't want win. If they had won, we could have had the 20th pick in stead of the 13th. I am personally super happy they lost that game. It changed nothing but gave us a much better draft choice.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005   #13
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Does no one else what happened in cleveland? They probably didn't want win. If they had won, we could have had the 20th pick in stead of the 13th. I am personally super happy they lost that game. It changed nothing but gave us a much better draft choice.
Yor team is not judged on how good of a draft pick your getting it is judged on how many games you win(or else there would be more Niners fans). Higher draft pick or not you don't want to lose any games much less a game againt the Browns to go .500 . I'll take a win in that game instead of pick #1 and still be happy.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst part of the GB game was that Favre didn't know the clock was running at the end of the game, then the ref filled him in, and he called a timeout...Then on came their kicker and the game was over...Terrible game, but I guess ESPN saw something they liked because we've got two Sunday nighters this year :woot ...
Old 04-16-2005   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
I was not even angry at that violation by the ref..... I was already gulping Jack Daniels in tribute to the incompetence of our coaches and player aka DAVID CARR! For godsakes Carr give your team a chance to win. I dont know what happened, but he called running audibles twice atleast. WTF!!

yeah its funny everytime he audibles we as fans already know it will be a run, and i'm sure our opponets see game film and i'm sure they know that as well, i wish he could audible into some plays alittle less predictable !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #16
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I think the main games that will determine if we'll be a playoff team is weeks 10 thru 13. Thats at Indy, KC and STL at home and at Balt. However every week will be important.
Old 04-16-2005   #17
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Getting past the Colts ... we need to win one of those two games.
Maybe this can happen, because as it so happens ... both games against the Colts follow them coming off MNF.

Oct. 23rd ... Battle Red Day!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #18
Davis37
All Pro

Ive always said that the first game is the most important one. It sets the tone for the year. If you win the first game it gives you momentum and confidence going into the season. BTW our bye week sucks! (week 3) Well thats my story and Im stickin to it!
Davis37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
I was not even angry at that violation by the ref..... I was already gulping Jack Daniels in tribute to the incompetence of our coaches and player aka DAVID CARR! For godsakes Carr give your team a chance to win. I dont know what happened, but he called running audibles twice atleast. WTF!!

Well, when both safeties are back-pedaling before the ball is snapped and the four down linemen are pressuring the quarterback intensely, and your playmaker at WR is being constantly double-teamed, what exactly would you like the coaches or Carr to do? A good team must be able to run the ball in that situation. GB had 8 in the box in the first half and they were running some blitzes as well. However, late in the second quarter you could see them realize that there 7 could handle it up front and that the four man rush could get to Carr... Essentially, that was the game right there. The OLine was unable to control the line of scrimmage in the second half and we lost!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read