Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-03-2011   #41
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Okoye interview tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wasn't that Okam?
After Amobi got drafted, all the talk around town was about how smart this kid is. I seem to remember McClain mentioning that he was going to be a doctor after his NFL career.

I also thought I remembered seeing footage of him volunteering at Memorial-Hermann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Samkon Gado?
If I'm wrong here, then Gado's probably the guy I've got him mixed up with. And I am probably wrong.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
After Amobi got drafted, all the talk around town was about how smart this kid is. I seem to remember McClain mentioning that he was going to be a doctor after his NFL career.

I also thought I remembered seeing footage of him volunteering at Memorial-Hermann.

If I'm wrong here, then Gado's probably the guy I've got him mixed up with. And I am probably wrong.
When Gado came here, he had come out of college with a 3.66 GPA and having taken some MCAT (med preadmission test) prep courses. It has to date never gone any further.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 04-03-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: syntax
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #43
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Listened to the Okoye interview on the Football Gameplan Radio Show and here are some of Okoye's responses:

Sees himself as a DE in the 3-4 due to body size, but doesn't rule out NT. Whatever is the best fit.

The problems on defense in '10 stemmed from not having everyone on the same page (part coaches & part players) on a play-by-play basis.

What he's learned after 4 seasons in the league is that you must work harder every year and never relax. That's what carried him along and made him as good as he is today.

Thanks for the interview, Emory. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2011   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Listened to the Okoye interview on the Football Gameplan Radio Show and here are some of Okoye's responses:

Sees himself as a DE in the 3-4 due to body size, but doesn't rule out NT. Whatever is the best fit.

The problems on defense in '10 stemmed from not having everyone on the same page (part coaches & part players) on a play-by-play basis.

What he's learned after 4 seasons in the league is that you must work harder every year and never relax. That's what carried him along and made him as good as he is today.

Thanks for the interview, Emory. Keep up the good work!

Old 04-03-2011   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OkOye

interview: = I need to keep the gravy train roling
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Okoye is a psychology guy...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #47
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why do you get paid millions of $$$$ to play a physical game like football when it's obvious you have a low pain tolerance?

Do you think you would be better suited for the bench in Cleveland?
The Browns are switching to a 4-3 this year, so that might be a possibility. They don't have a 7th, but they have two early 6ths, so it would have to be one of those in exchange for Okoye. I don't think the Browns have any players the Texans would want in exchange for Amobi. They are shallow at just about every position.
Old 04-03-2011   #48
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
They don't have a 7th, but they have two early 6ths, so it would have to be one of those in exchange for Okoye.
No trades for current players until a new CBA is done.
Old 04-03-2011   #49
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask him why he sucks.
Old 04-03-2011   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
No trades for current players until a new CBA is done.
This brings up something I've been wondering about... does this mean that there are no trades at all during the draft or that there can be trades using only draft choices?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #51
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Gang!! I appreciate you guys giving me questions! It was an awesome interview! Very Good Guy!
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to know if it's in his contract that he has to wear those shoes with the little wheels on the bottom of them for games and if so is there any wiggle room for him to get out of that. I think his game would improve greatly if he could resolve that.

Inside Amobi Okoye's locker you'll find these...
Old 04-03-2011   #53
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This brings up something I've been wondering about... does this mean that there are no trades at all during the draft or that there can be trades using only draft choices?
Only draft choices can be traded. And a team can't trade a player after he's been drafted, ala Eli Manning for Phillip Rivers in 2004.

Future picks in subsequent drafts can be traded. But it's pretty risky to accept those trades considering that the future of the draft is up in the air without a CBA.
Old 04-03-2011   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Football has taken Jim Barnes around the globe, but his most recent expedition proved to be an eye-opening experience for the former Augustana coach.

Barnes was part of a group that included NFL players Amobi Okoye and Connor Barwin of Houston, Frank Okam of Tampa Bay and James Ihedigbo of the New York Jets that spent 11 days in mid-March introducing American football in Nigeria.

Led by representatives of the International Foundation of American Football, USA Football and the Amobi Okoye Foundation, the group worked with coaches and youth players in the country as part of a contributing initiative to establish the sport of American football on the African continent.
LINK
Old 04-03-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OkOye globe trotting again this offseason.

I cant wait until this slacker is cut/traded.

It worries me that Barwin was also on the trip. He better hope he's fully rehabbed.

Doesn't suprise me that Okam was on the trip as well.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #56
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It worries me that Barwin was also on the trip. He better hope he's fully rehabbed.

I hate to break it to you, but life is a whole lot bigger than football. Some people use their work to help them fight cancer, juvenile diabetes, veterans of wars, whatever...to chastise a man for using a high profile position to give back to a cause that's important to him is unfair. Do you live and breathe your job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Doubtful.
Old 04-04-2011   #57
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can't believe people actually ***** about Amobi or any other player off doing something altruistic. Every player goes on vacations in the off-season. We just don't hear about them because they aren't newsworthy while they are off snorkeling or whatever. It's ridiculous to call Amobi a slacker because he is off doing something charitable instead of getting a massage in Aspen.
Old 04-04-2011   #58
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I hate to break it to you, but life is a whole lot bigger than football. Some people use their work to help them fight cancer, juvenile diabetes, veterans of wars, whatever...to chastise a man for using a high profile position to give back to a cause that's important to him is unfair. Do you live and breathe your job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Doubtful.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I can't believe people actually ***** about Amobi or any other player off doing something altruistic. Every player goes on vacations in the off-season. We just don't hear about them because they aren't newsworthy while they are off snorkeling or whatever. It's ridiculous to call Amobi a slacker because he is off doing something charitable instead of getting a massage in Aspen.
MSR.

Seriously. I think that if AO were a doctor in his spare time and he found a cure for AIDS in the offseaon there are a certain number of people on this board that would complain that he was not dedicated enough.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #59
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
+1

MSR.

Seriously. I think that if AO were a doctor in his spare time and he found a cure for AIDS in the offseaon there are a certain number of people on this board that would complain that he was not dedicated enough.

Mike
Well if he could cure AIDS then he should be able to learn how to play the defensive tackle position...

Old 04-04-2011   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you consistently keep getting your butt kicked at the LOS?

Are you a Nigerian 23?

Is saving Nigeria more important to you than mastering your craft as an NFL player?

??? For his sake of being a rational human being, I sure as hell hope he feels helping Nigeria is more important than football.

I don't really understand the criticism here. What Amobi does in Nigeria has absolutely nothing to do with his success or lack of on the football field.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read