Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2011   #1
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Make a list of players you`d be happy with as the 11th pick

Hi guys,

with which players would you be

1) ecstatic
2) very happy
3) ok

for me the list would look like this:

1) ecstatic:

DT Marcell Dareus
OLB Von Miller
CB Patrick Peterson
DT Nick Fairley

2) very happy:

WR AJ Green
CB Prince Amukamara
DE JJ Watt
WR Julio Jones
OLB Robert Quinn

3) ok:

OLB Aldon Smith
DE Cam Jordan
NT Phil Taylor
OLB Justin Houston
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Make a list of players you`d be happy with as the 11th pick

put aj in ecstatic and kick out julio jones and jj watt to level 3 and im good with that
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Either of those two receivers fall our way I would be very haPpy. I know we have needs, but top tier talent that falls into your lap can't be ignored.
Old 03-30-2011   #4
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Very Ecstatic

1) Peterson
2) Von Miller
3) Dareus
4) Quinn
5) Trade Down

Happy

1) Amukamara
2) J.J.Watts
3) Fairley
4) Phil Taylor - Poor value at #11, but definitely fills a need with quality talent.
5) Trade Down

OK

1) Tyron Smith - Confused, but okay with it.
2) Bowers - I'm concerned with his knee injury.
3) A.J. Green - A head scratcher, but definitely an upgrade.
4) Julio Jones - Same here.
5) Justin Houston - Poor value at #11, but I can live with it.
6) Aldon Smith - I'm just not sold on this guy, but I'll be okay with him.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #5
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post

OK

3) A.J. Green - A head scratcher, but definitely an upgrade.

Last edited by VTexan; 03-31-2011 at 02:52 PM.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Justin Houston
2. Julio Jones
3. Aaron Williams
4.Robert Quinn
5. Cam Jordan

Or a trade up for Peterson
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Justin Houston
2. Julio Jones
3. Aaron Williams
4.Robert Quinn
5. Cam Jordan

WOW Aaron Williams @ 11
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2011   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

for discussion sake, there should be a 4th 'pissed off' heading

il do my list later
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ecstatic

WR A.J. Green
DE Marcell Dareus
OLB Von Miller
OLB Robert Quinn
CB Patrick Peterson

Very Happy

DE Cameron Jordan
DE J.J. Watt
OLB Ryan Kerrigan

Okay

WR Julio Jones
OT Tyron Smith
DE Da'Quan Bowers
OLB Aldon Smith
OLB Justin Houston
CB Prince Amukamara

I realize some of those are unrealistic, but I still put them on there for a reason. If a player ain't on this list, then I would be pretty pissed off if we selected him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Very Ecstatic:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Marcell Dareus
3. Von Miller
4. AJ Green
5. Robert Quinn

Ecstatic:
1. Da'Quan Bowers
2. Cameron Jordan
3. Nick Fairley

OK:
1. Tyron Smith
2. Julio Jones
3. J.J. Watt
4. Prince Amukamara

Trade Down:
1. Akeem Ayers
2. Justin Houston
3. Aaron Williams
4. Brooks Reed
5. Aldon Smith
6. Jimmy Smith

I think. It's a tough question.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Very Very Ecstatic:
#1- Marcel Dareus
#2- Patrick Peterson

Very Very Happy:
J.J. Watt
Von Miller

Very Happy:
Julio Jones
AJ Green

Happy:
Cameron Jordan
Robert Quinn
Trade Down

Unhappy:
Nick Fairley
Philip Taylor
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Justin Houston
2. Julio Jones
3. Aaron Williams
4.Robert Quinn
5. Cam Jordan

Did you watch Houston in the combine? I did not see one positive thing and that concerns me as I think Texans might reach for him as Quinn should not be there and Ayers in a late first.
Old 03-31-2011   #13
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1435 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ecstatic

OLB Von Miller
OLB Robert Quinn
CB Patrick Peterson
DT Nick Fairley

Very Happy

DE Cameron Jordan
DE J.J. Watt
OLB Prince Amukamara
DE Da'Quan Bowers
OLB Aldon Smith

Kareem Jackson bewilderment
just about any else

2nd round very happy

Aaron Williams
Davon House
Phil Taylor
Brooks Reed
Rahim Moore
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Very Very Ecstatic:
#1- Marcel Dareus
#2- Patrick Peterson

Very Very Happy:
J.J. Watt
Von Miller

Very Happy:
Julio Jones
AJ Green

Happy:
Cameron Jordan
Robert Quinn
Trade Down

Unhappy:
Nick Fairley
Philip Taylor

Why would you be unhappy with Fairley? His skillset fits perfectly with what Phillips DE's are suppose to do.
Old 03-31-2011   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Did you watch Houston in the combine? I did not see one positive thing and that concerns me as I think Texans might reach for him as Quinn should not be there and Ayers in a late first.
Combine: a 270 OLB that ran under a 4.7 at the combine and at 267 lbs Houston ran under a 4.6 at his pro day and you found no redeeming qualities?

Season on field: Houston finished with 10 sacks in the SEC and is one of few 3-4 OLB's that have experience playing the position in college.

Houston is very underrated. IMHO
Old 03-31-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
WOW Aaron Williams @ 11
Trading down, getting extra picks and drafting A.Williams would be optimal.

I consider Williams to be the best S prospect in this draft and would say his game is comparable to last yrs top 10 pick from UT. (Earl Thomas)

Considering that he's a top pick for a team needing a S. You wouldn't happen to know a team that needed S help would you? LOL
Old 04-01-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1). Von Miller
2). Julio Jones
3). Cameron Jordan
4). JJ Watt
5). Robert Quinn

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #18
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Very Very Ecstatic:
#1- Marcel Dareus
#2- Patrick Peterson

Very Very Happy:
J.J. Watt
Von Miller

Very Happy:
Julio Jones
AJ Green

Happy:
Cameron Jordan
Robert Quinn
Trade Down

Unhappy:
Nick Fairley
Philip Taylor
lol?
Old 04-04-2011   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Why would you be unhappy with Fairley? His skillset fits perfectly with what Phillips DE's are suppose to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
lol?
So would you suggest we select Fairley and move him to a 3-4 DE?? I'd much rather have JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan play that role. Both are much safer selections than Fairley and have just as much upside IMO.

I view him as a 4-3 DT and a player that Wade could use in "his" 3-4 style defense as a penetrating NT. I'm not saying he's a bad player because he played great last season. I just think Fairley is a boom or bust guy, he's been hyped up a lot, and I don't think he's going to impact as a rookie on our team near as much as everyone else thinks he may. No doubt he's got potential, I just wouldnt be overly excited if we got him.

I think he's a player that will be happy to get a paycheck, will play tough when he wants to, will draw penalties when he's getting frustrated and shut down, and will be more of a me player than team player. I think there are other players that have more upside and less risk.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Combine: a 270 OLB that ran under a 4.7 at the combine and at 267 lbs Houston ran under a 4.6 at his pro day and you found no redeeming qualities?

Season on field: Houston finished with 10 sacks in the SEC and is one of few 3-4 OLB's that have experience playing the position in college.

Houston is very underrated. IMHO
If you watched Houston perform any of the drills for foot movement, balance or following instructions you should have seen what I did. Of course he may be on of those guys that can do well in game but not at combine like Von freaking Miller. I hope neither end of selected by Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read