Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-24-2011   #1
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New 2-round mock 3/24/11

It's going to be seven full rounds after the compensation picks are announced: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/3

My last projection had you guys taking Phil Taylor in the second round, but I don't think he's going to make it there now.
NFLRoughDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New 2-round mock 3/24/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLRoughDraft View Post
It's going to be seven full rounds after the compensation picks are announced: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/3

My last projection had you guys taking Phil Taylor in the second round, but I don't think he's going to make it there now.
The jury is still out exactly how we're going to address our various problems. And it's going to be interesting to see which direction we go.

I'm not fond of the idea of going after a corner early in this draft because I don't want to start the year with a rookie and a second year corner (KJ) again. I think we're going to go out and throw a lot of money at the FA CBs to try to get an experienced guy in here. All indications are that Glover Quin will move inside to FS. And then we'll either throw a lot of money at the FA SSs and/or draft a FA SS.

So I'm not expecting a CB in the first 3-4 rounds.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Rahim Moore.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm not fond of the idea of going after a corner early in this draft because I don't want to start the year with a rookie and a second year corner (KJ) again.
I don't want a rookie as the only solution, as Jackson was last year. But, I think the Texans need to find more than one CB this offseason. I would be OK with one in FA and another in the draft. I don't think that anyone can say with certainty that the Texans have a single decent CB on their roster.

My dream draft would be something like Robert Quinn in the 1st, Phil Taylor in the 2nd, and Ras-I Dowling in the 3rd.
Old 03-24-2011   #4
NFLRoughDraft
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respectedNFLRoughDraft is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't want a rookie as the only solution, as Jackson was last year. But, I think the Texans need to find more than one CB this offseason. I would be OK with one in FA and another in the draft. I don't think that anyone can say with certainty that the Texans have a single decent CB on their roster.

My dream draft would be something like Robert Quinn in the 1st, Phil Taylor in the 2nd, and Ras-I Dowling in the 3rd.
Dowling could be a steal in the 3rd. I really don't see Taylor getting to you in the 2nd though. But you said it was a dream scenario and I agree that this would be an excellent first 3 rounds for Houston.
NFLRoughDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLRD, I'd love this draft but Harris in the 2nd round seems a stretch. I'm thinking he goes in the 1st round, late teens or early 20's.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read