Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-22-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Benglas Have Julio Rated Higher than Green

Interesting considering that would throw some Mocks off.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

Quote:
SI's Peter King reports that the Bengals have Julio Jones rated higher than A.J. Green on their draft board.
This is fairly significant because many mock drafts have A.J. Green going to Cincinnati at No. 4 overall. "Several personnel sources" tell King that Jones is the safer receiver prospect "in terms of work ethic and practice habits." The theory, ostensibly, is that Jones had to work harder in college because Green is a more natural athlete. The Bengals are also reimplementing a run-first offense, and Jones is regarded as a better blocker.
Old 03-22-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Benglas Have Julio Rated Higher than Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Interesting considering that would throw some Mocks off.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1
mine too! would pretty much lock up two WR's taken before Texan selection.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals are such a wild card. Do they go QB, WR or DL!!??

AJ Green reminds me of Randy Moss, in the sense he's a tall lanky WR that's fast and will rack up the Yards and TDs.

Julio Jones reminds me more of Andre Johnson, in the sense he's more physical and a more well rounded WR.

I think both will go before our selection but if either are available, particularly Jones, I'd love to have them playing opposite AJ. I also think Julio fits the Texans and what we look for in a WR better than Green. I'd take either though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonderful! Please let AJ Green fall to the Browns! They really need a stud like him.
Old 03-22-2011   #5
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wonderful! Please let AJ Green fall to the Browns! They really need a stud like him.
Quote:
Please let AJ Green fall to the Browns!
Quote:
fall to the Browns!
Quote:
the Browns
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That would screw up that first 10 picks really well for us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
Old 03-22-2011   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The first thing that came to mind after reading the thread title was, did Julio get arrested!
Old 03-23-2011   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Bengals are such a wild card. Do they go QB, WR or DL!!??

AJ Green reminds me of Randy Moss, in the sense he's a tall lanky WR that's fast and will rack up the Yards and TDs.

Julio Jones reminds me more of Andre Johnson, in the sense he's more physical and a more well rounded WR.

I think both will go before our selection but if either are available, particularly Jones, I'd love to have them playing opposite AJ. I also think Julio fits the Texans and what we look for in a WR better than Green. I'd take either though.
The possibilities of having another gifted WR opposite AJ would be intriguing but DAMN with all the holes on the defensive side of the ball ..... I just dont think I could pull the trigger on a WR in the third round much less the first.

Dont get me wrong - I'd love to get AJ some help on the other side of the field .... but unless the Texans plan on going balls to the walls in FA they just cant afford to do it this offseason. Too many holes - at least one on every level of the defense and depending who you talk to up to three in the secondary.
This years #1 almost has to make an immediate impact on

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...f=twitter_feed
08:08 AM ET 03.23 | If the Bengals are without Carson Palmer, Marvin Lewis admitted that his options are limited. Jordan Palmer and Dan Lefevour are on the roster but the Bengals would have to either draft someone, trade for a veteran or possibly both. Even though receivers like A.J. Green and Julio Jones would be available when the Bengals go on the clock with the fourth overall pick, Lewis did say that quarterback is the more immediate need on offense. The question then becomes if they would consider Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert to be the best value at that spot. ... "We're going to do our due diligence because right now because we're going to take one of the first four players to come off the board." Lewis also did not rule out trading for a quarterback whenever the trading period does resume.
Old 03-23-2011   #11
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know if this is a good thing for the texans.

i would much rather for washington to pick up one of the WRs because they have similar needs to us and a more likely to steal our players.

the ideal in terms of WRs would be AJ to the Browns then JJ to the redskins.

this then leaves some talent on defence that would feel our needs.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on which D players are available (as well as trade offers), I would take one of the receivers. I mean, think about it- AJ and Green/Jones. AJ and Jones would be the best run blocking receiving starting duo in the league. We could just run roughshod over people. AJ +Green gives the Texans two All-Pro caliber players (yeah, Green is that good if he can learn the playbook).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Depending on which D players are available (as well as trade offers), I would take one of the receivers. I mean, think about it- AJ and Green/Jones. AJ and Jones would be the best run blocking receiving starting duo in the league. We could just run roughshod over people. AJ +Green gives the Texans two All-Pro caliber players (yeah, Green is that good if he can learn the playbook).

that is always a ? with young receivers, especially in this offense
Old 03-23-2011   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
that is always a ? with young receivers, especially in this offense
Truer words have never been spoken.

They both come with risks (such as the learning curve), but I think Green has a much higher bust potential. That said, he also has a higher ceiling. It will be interesting to see which player goes first, and to what team.
Old 03-23-2011   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Truer words have never been spoken.

They both come with risks (such as the learning curve), but I think Green has a much higher bust potential. That said, he also has a higher ceiling. It will be interesting to see which player goes first, and to what team.
Yup!
Old 03-23-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup!
Both are going to be great players and if one of them falls to #11 the Texans should take him.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you were to take one of these players with the Texans #1 pick - You would have to show me a very clear cut failproof plan to solve each and every defensive position the team lacks right now - NT , OLB , CB , FS , SS and maybe even ILB because I would rather not rely on a player coming back from injury even if it is Ryans. (we made that mistake a few years back with the RB position and it bit the team in the ass).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Both are going to be great players and if one of them falls to #11 the Texans should take him.

Would you take either over Quinn or Miller?
Old 03-23-2011   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If you were to take one of these players with the Texans #1 pick - You would have to show me a very clear cut failproof plan to solve each and every defensive position the team lacks right now - NT , OLB , CB , FS , SS and maybe even ILB because I would rather not rely on a player coming back from injury even if it is Ryans. (we made that mistake a few years back with the RB position and it bit the team in the ass).
Just off the top of my head, I will re-address this in the morning

2) OLB Brooks Reed
3) FS Deunta Williams
4) CB Rashad Carmichael (little bit of luck here)
5) DE Brandon Blair
6) NT Blaine Sumner
7) SS Eugene Clifford
Old 03-23-2011   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would you take either over Quinn or Miller?
Miller- No
Quinn-Yes
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read