Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2011   #21
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Players News Updates

The FO must sign Mr. V to a long term deal!
Old 03-24-2011   #22
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
But, but but......... he's only 24.......and he has not been given a chance to fully developed until this year. Better yet. Let's trade him, and start scouring the high schools for a promising "can't miss" DT that is willing to lie about his age.
I admit...I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Stupid move on my part.

I want big name players from football factories...USC, Texas, Alabama, Florida. No more Louisvilles or multidirectional colorado schools.
Old 03-24-2011   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I admit...I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Stupid move on my part.

I want big name players from football factories...USC, Texas, Alabama, Florida. No more Louisvilles or multidirectional colorado schools.
Actually Louisville had put out quite a few NFL players. The one I remember the most is Ernest Givins. Michael Bush is from Louisville and think about it - how many times do you hear Chris Berman and Tom Jackson saying " So and so from- (Tom Jackson) Louisville!"
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Okoye is not on the trading block untill business returns in the NFL.
Old 03-25-2011   #25
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the writing is on the wall for Okoye though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I think the writing is on the wall for Okoye though.

You can see Okoye now at the blackboard feverishly copying............"I will not suck! I will not suck! I will not suck..........." Who am I kidding? "I WILL suck! I WILL suck! I WILL suck!.........................."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #27
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
"It's McClain, so take it for what it's worth. But one thing the analysis doesn't take into consideration is Amobi's youth. That has to count for something...right?"
(((
Is that a sarcastic remark about "Amobi's youth" ?
Whether it's intentional or unintentional, that comedic gold, Jerry.
Old 03-26-2011   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

What can we get for amobi a 3rd at best ??????????
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
best case would be to see him have a productive season, then walk in free agency & return a better comp pick than Mr. Dunta irrelevant

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We might be able to trade Amobi and our 5th next year for a 3rd in 2012. But that's a Darryl Morey trade, not a Rick Smith trade...
Old 03-27-2011   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

worst case would also be he gets lost in the 3-4 and teams score 30+ on us again week in and week out when we could of got anybody that would be better then amobi
Old 03-27-2011   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
We might be able to trade Amobi and our 5th next year for a 3rd in 2012. But that's a Darryl Morey trade, not a Rick Smith trade...
THats BS im sure 4-3 teams would love to have amobi hes still young

How does a first round pick /and a 5th turn into a 3rd round pick for next year ?????

how about a 3rd round pick RIGHT NOW !!!!
Old 03-27-2011   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
THats BS im sure 4-3 teams would love to have amobi hes still young
The same line of thinking that has screwed the Texans for so long. If they find another "dreamer" team to unload Amobe, it's unlikely they turn out to be a "dreamer" as well as a "sucker"...............no 3rd round pick in the cards.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #34
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

We would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for Amobi. If we can get a 6th rounder, I am not opposed to making that deal. Maybe we can justify drafting a punter/kicker with a few more draft picks to work with.

If we go into this season with Turk as the punter, I am going to start wondering who he's sleeping with.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #35
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
best case would be to see him have a productive season, then walk in free agency & return a better comp pick...
Okoye wasn't productive in a defense designed to his supposed strengths. How will he be productive in a defense that will expose his weaknesses. The Texans shouldn't waste a roster spot on Amobi. If he can't be traded when the league opens for business, Okoye should be cut.
Old 03-27-2011   #36
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Okoye wasn't productive in a defense designed to his supposed strengths. How will he be productive in a defense that will expose his weaknesses. The Texans shouldn't waste a roster spot on Amobi. If he can't be traded when the league opens for business, Okoye should be cut.
That should just about sum up this thread. NEXT
Old 03-27-2011   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
odds are pretty good, with both Texans 2004 & 2005 first round picks no longer here with minimal compensation in return. My hope however was as it relates to best case scenero for Texans but once again probably never comes to fruition

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-27-2011   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
odds are pretty good, with both Texans 2004 & 2005 first round picks no longer here with minimal compensation in return. My hope however was as it relates to best case scenero for Texans but once again probably never comes to fruition
What is your definition of minimal compensation? They were 1st round picks and got paid accordingly. Production had quat to do with it.
What possible hope could you have from them? The only fruition you will see is from the bullshit tree that members here planted when they were drafted.
Old 03-27-2011   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
What is your definition of minimal compensation? They were 1st round picks and got paid accordingly. Production had quat to do with it.
What possible hope could you have from them? The only fruition you will see is from the bullshit tree that members here planted when they were drafted.
minimal compensation to me would be 1/2 of fair market value not pennies on the dollar

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 04-04-2011   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5552/player?r=1

Acoording to this, when the Texans signed Jamison off the PS, they gave him a 3-yr deal worth $1.4M:
2010-365K
2011-480K
2012-565K
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read