Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2011   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top 10 RBs (Per ESPN bloggers, fwiw)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-running-backs

1 Chris Johnson
2 Adrian Peterson
3 Maurice Jones-Drew
3 Arian Foster
5 Jamaal Charles
6 Michael Turner
7 Steven Jackson
8 Ray Rice
9 Rashard Mendenhall
10 Frank Gore
10 LeSean McCoy
10 Darren McFadden
Others Receiving Votes
13 Thomas Jones
14 Peyton Hillis
15 LaDainian Tomlinson

Breakdown and more details @ link.
Old 03-15-2011   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 10 RP (Per ESPN bloggers, fwiw)

RP? Rushing Power?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #3
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Foster closing for the Astros now?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #4
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoops. Role Players. You know. MMORPGs...Yeah... Mod edit please?
Old 03-15-2011   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

MJD?

I don't think Arian Foster deserves to be ahead of CJ or AP yet, but seriously, MJD is incredibly overrated IMO. Solid back, but he is not #3 and is barely in my top 10.
Old 03-15-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD is not overrated at all IMO. Dude is a beast.

If anything Foster probably doesn't deserve to be tied with him at #3.

I think that he is a legit talent, but he HAS only done it for one year. If I were starting a team I'm not sure that I'd take him as the number 3 RB...

I think dude is a beast, but I'd like to see him do it one more year before I solidify him as a top 3 back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #7
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster was dinged by an eighth-place vote by me (love him, but one year is not a big enough sample size for a lead back) while Jones-Drew was hurt by an eighth-place vote by NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert.

"Maybe next time MJD will think twice about crossing an NFC North player,” Seifert said. “Seriously, his Twitter criticism of Jay Cutler played no role in my decision. As I did last week with Andre Johnson, I'll plead unfamiliarity. I don't have anything against Maurice Jones-Drew. As an NFC North divisional blogger, I haven't had many opportunities to see him play. First-person observations tend to have a bigger impact on your judgment. Plus, I wanted to give the Jaguars' fan something to get upset about."
Awesome
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2011   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how someone can say MJD is not deserving, considering how much we have to watch him run over the Texans every season.

Foster is correct at #4. This league has seen its share of one year wonders.

IMO, Petersen is hands down, the best RB in the league.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't see how someone can say MJD is not deserving, considering how much we have to watch him run over the Texans every season.

Foster is correct at #4. This league has seen its share of one year wonders.

IMO, Petersen is hands down, the best RB in the league.
Foster's not 4th.

I think Chris Johnson is too high in the rankings and Frank Gore and Ray Rice are too low. Otherwise they are pretty agreeable to me.
Old 03-15-2011   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

3 of the top 4 are in the AFC South. Great
Old 03-15-2011   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Stuff like this is just a beauty contest. It doesn't mean anything. It's all about your own personal opinion about which guy you like or don't like and all the biases you have about the kinds of runners you like and don't like and the types of offenses you like and don't like.

And it will all change next year.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 10 RBs (Per ESPN bloggers, fwiw)

I want to be in a fantasy league with the NFC North blogger. Go ahead and take Steven Jackson. I'll settle for Foster or MJD.
Old 03-15-2011   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I want to be in a fantasy league with the NFC North blogger. Go ahead and take Steven Jackson. I'll settle for Foster or MJD.
Not to mention him taking 7 guys ahead of AJ.
Old 03-17-2011   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That NFC north blogger just proves (again) why ESPN is mostly a gigantic pile of crap. I mean, I'm a ****ing assclown who sits on his ****ing couch all day long and even I know about NFC North RB's (And how basically it's Adrian Peterson and some guys). How the **** do you get paid to report and blog about football and you don't even know how good a tailback like Maurice Jones-Drew is, when he's been playing since 2006.

I really don't even care that they put Foster 8th or 2nd or 3rd or whatever, because he's only done it for one year. But to say that you don't know bout an RB who has basically been the face of the Jaguars franchise for the last few years is just really really ignorant.
Old 03-18-2011   #15
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I don't know where to post this, and I don't to start a new thread for this video, I thought I'd post it here because it's about RBs—Arian Foster and MJD to be exact.

Arian and MJD both have a 5 second cameo in this video playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IOxx6HbbV0

And back on topic, yes, the NFC North blogger is completely clueless about the rest of the NFL. I'd be a little hesitant to put Arian Foster at #3 just yet. He had one good year, but so did Slaton.
Old 03-21-2011   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson and CJ have holes in their game. ADAP should be better than he is, but something just never seems right with him. CJ can be taken out of a game if you hit him hard. He also looks for the outside WAY too much. Foster has only done it one year, but if his game is like last year, he is the most complete back of the group.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read