Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-14-2011   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

I see the about PSL. If you do not renew at all this year and you lose your seats then you'd really be angry. Of course there is always next year but just know you might not get back what you once had JMO.
Old 03-14-2011   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

You all make it sound like it's the Texans who are the bastards of this dilema. There are 31 other teams involved in this mess and thousands of fans who are having to make decisions about tickets. Personally, I don't feel like I'm losing a thing. By paying for my tickets this year I insure the safety of my PSLs plus tickets for next year, if we have a season. If not, then the money I pay this year will either be refunded or will go to the next year's invoice. I'm not losing anything.. If I want my money back so I can invest it, then I still have that choice. I don't want to lose my PSLs, so I pay up, pure and simple.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #23
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Over the weekend, three NFC North teams informed season-ticket holders of plans to offer some level of simple interest as a part of any refund. The amount literally could end up being pennies, but I guess you could consider it a modest gesture of acknowledgement for holding the cash of your best customers for six months or more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...on-ticket-rant

Number their looking at is 1%...So 1$ for a year for a 100$ ticket..
Something is better than nothing in this case and you just have to get pretty lucky sometimes but in the end it all goes back to taking your chances or not.
Old 03-14-2011   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The owners have the fans/players by the gonads and are just starting to put them in a vice.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #25
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You all make it sound like it's the Texans who are the bastards of this dilema. There are 31 other teams involved in this mess and thousands of fans who are having to make decisions about tickets. Personally, I don't feel like I'm losing a thing. By paying for my tickets this year I insure the safety of my PSLs plus tickets for next year, if we have a season. If not, then the money I pay this year will either be refunded or will go to the next year's invoice. I'm not losing anything.. If I want my money back so I can invest it, then I still have that choice. I don't want to lose my PSLs, so I pay up, pure and simple.
And that's what it is. A choice everyone has to make. If you are scared about no football and don't want to give the team your minute loan, then don't do it. Spend your money elsewhere.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #26
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nice one, i choose what to do with my money, plain and simple. i'll have my money credited to next year if no season at all.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

This is one of my favorite threads.
Old 03-14-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Bob's got race horses to feed. You folks need to quit being greedy with your money!
Hey bro!! I'm pretty sure he sold his race horse(s) and ranch, but I could be wrong!
Old 03-14-2011   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey bro!! I'm pretty sure he sold his race horse(s) and ranch, but I could be wrong!
He did

But he's still a horses a**
Old 03-14-2011   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He did

But he's still a horses a**
Get rid of your seats, then.... Where are they? I may want to scoop those up as well!! Are they in the Bull Pen? If so, send me a PM!!!!
Old 03-15-2011   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i really hope the do cut the season to only 10 games that way i can get my 1,200 bucks back
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Get rid of your seats, then.... Where are they? I may want to scoop those up as well!! Are they in the Bull Pen? If so, send me a PM!!!!
So is it a prerequesite that I must like the owner to be a fan?

I'm hoping to out live the greedy bastard.

I've changed my eating/drinking habits. So there is a chance this could happen.

All everybody wants is a winner in this town. (Everybody except BoB)
Old 03-15-2011   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep, back in 2008, iirc. I was just having a little fun with this silliness.
Old 03-15-2011   #34
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

@wingoz fyi.. if the owners are claiming they have enough cash to last the whole 2011 season w/out games..why are they asking for more money? hmmm

Intresting..
Old 03-15-2011   #35
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Over the weekend, three NFC North teams informed season-ticket holders of plans to offer some level of simple interest as a part of any refund. The amount literally could end up being pennies, but I guess you could consider it a modest gesture of acknowledgement for holding the cash of your best customers for six months or more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...on-ticket-rant

Number their looking at is 1%...So 1$ for a year for a 100$ ticket..
Pretty close to the current 1 year CD.

Present value makes paying for tickets pretty negligible as long as you get a refund. What sucks is if you'd forgive a slight delay, but are absolutely fed up six games into the season and they make you pay for 10 weeks you wouldn't want to go to.

Just another reason to despise PSLs, but a hat's off to the owners for coming up with the concept. They know how to keep fans by the balls.
Old 03-15-2011   #36
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just received

If you pay in full by May 18, 2011 you will be eligible to receive interest on your refund. Simple interest will be paid at the annual rate of 1% and will be calculated for the period beginning with the first game missed through the date the refund is processed.

Better than nothing, but........
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If there are scab games, if like the previous lockout, you will get no refunds or discounts. I was a season ticket holder, and I actually still enjoyed the scab games.......just like watching THE REPLACEMENTS........but many fans were pissed.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011   #38
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If there are scab games, if like the previous lockout, you will get no refunds or discounts. I was a season ticket holder, and I actually still enjoyed the scab games.......just like watching THE REPLACEMENTS........but many fans were pissed.
Thanks...I couldn't remember is we had a choice or not. I just remember I went and enjoyed the games as well.

Can't be scab games this time though....no strike.
Old 03-17-2011   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Too bad

I enjoyed the strike games

Some talent was discovered in those games. Eugene Seale was one of the best ST guys the Oilers ever had.

Sam Mills RIP was a multiple time pro bowler who was discovered during the strike games.
Old 03-17-2011   #40
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Too bad

I enjoyed the strike games

Some talent was discovered in those games. Eugene Seale was one of the best ST guys the Oilers ever had.

Sam Mills RIP was a multiple time pro bowler who was discovered during the strike games.
Sam Mills started 13 of 16 games for the Saints in 1986 (the year before the strike), and didn't play in any of the games during weeks 4-6 of the 1987 season (The three games that featured replacment players).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read