Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-14-2011   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

Really tired of BS letters from Goodell and especially the Texans. If the Texans really gave a rat's ass they would suspend the required payments for season tickets until agreement is reached. Even though they have no idea when and IF they will play this year , we as ticket hoders are required to continue paying for the tickets in full. If the Texans really appreciated their fans they would suspend further payments until the labor problem is solved. We as fans have no control over what is happening yet we are the ones required to PAY. Just my opinion.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

Nope. They are going to use our money to help fund their lockout..I hope the NFL is prepared for the fan fallout...
Old 03-14-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

I havent paid them a dime yet. You cant sell me a product that doesnt exist.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't disagree with yall one bit. But from the franshise's perspective, say the CBA gets agreed to in September 1 ro 2 games into the season.. Then they start requesting payments for season tickets or just find out then of the seats that weren't renewed.... that would cause a major headache/nightmare.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Nope. They are going to use our money to help fund their lockout..I hope the NFL is prepared for the fan fallout...
"Fan fallout" does not exist.

One fan's fallout is another fan's opportunity.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=13
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

In my view, this is no different than any other season...I have to pay many months in advance to keep my PSL and my tickets.

Like a cruise that MAY get cancelled, you won't see a dime until it actually happens.
Old 03-14-2011   #7
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
In my view, this is no different than any other season...I have to pay many months in advance to keep my PSL and my tickets.

Like a cruise that MAY get cancelled, you won't see a dime until it actually happens.
Would you still purchase the cruise when the company has no way of guaranteeing they will have a boat to use?
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2011   #8
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I havent paid them a dime yet. You cant sell me a product that doesnt exist.
Ditto. And until they get this resolved or I'm strong armed, I won't.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob's got race horses to feed. You folks need to quit being greedy with your money!
Old 03-14-2011   #10
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't disagree with yall one bit. But from the franshise's perspective, say the CBA gets agreed to in September 1 ro 2 games into the season.. Then they start requesting payments for season tickets or just find out then of the seats that weren't renewed.... that would cause a major headache/nightmare.
I think there should be MAJOR headaches/nightmares for them because it is their doing. Why shouldn't they feel all the repurcussions.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would you still purchase the cruise when the company has no way of guaranteeing they will have a boat to use?
There aren't many guarantees in life. People have booked on airlines that have gone under.

Does it irritate me? Sure. But I'm not risking my PSL over being irritated.
Old 03-14-2011   #12
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
There aren't many guarantees in life. People have booked on airlines that have gone under.

Does it irritate me? Sure. But I'm not risking my PSL over being irritated.
Maybe guarantee was the wrong choice of words. Basically we are being sold a service and product that doesnt actually exist.

But I dont have PSL's so I feel I have a little more wiggle room than you. :P
Old 03-14-2011   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
Maybe guarantee was the wrong choice of words. Basically we are being sold a service and product that doesnt actually exist.

But I dont have PSL's so I feel I have a little more wiggle room than you. :P
OK, let's try it this way...this isn't any different than booking a flight on an airline that is experiencing a labor dispute with it's pilots union. You still have to pay when you book and there's no guarantee that the labor dispute will be settled by the time your flight arrives. (I've actually had that one happen on American Airlines years ago).

The product exists, but is currently in the midst of a labor dispute. Just like the airline example mentioned above, it may take some time to get the issues ironed out, but ultimately both sides understand that they are irritating the customer and blowing $$$ every day they don't get a deal done.

And yes, I have Zero wiggle to keep my PSLs.
Old 03-14-2011   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

Quote:
If I worked my tail off to get a permanent seat in my favorite deck chair, and by refusing to re-up I would lose that chair with the great view of the pool and next to my buddy's chair, yeah, I would. Sorry?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Won't you get a refund if there is not a season?
Old 03-14-2011   #16
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Won't you get a refund if there is not a season?
They (the owners) still get a interest free loan from us (the fans) to cover their lockout
Old 03-14-2011   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
They (the owners) still get a interest free loan from us (the fans) to cover their lockout
Ok. Well, I do agree that there is a risk involved with everything in life and I like being safe rather than sorry JMO. But I understand why you guys would be upset.
Old 03-14-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Ok. Well, I do agree that there is a risk involved with everything in life and I like being safe rather than sorry JMO. But I understand why you guys would be upset.
I agree with Gary. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. I'd rather give them my interest free money then lose my seats.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #19
Section516 
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I agree with Gary. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. I'd rather give them my interest free money then lose my seats.
Agreed. Isn't fair..But when you invest so much money at the get go and liable to lose it, gotta keep going..
Old 03-14-2011   #20
Section516 
Warrior

Over the weekend, three NFC North teams informed season-ticket holders of plans to offer some level of simple interest as a part of any refund. The amount literally could end up being pennies, but I guess you could consider it a modest gesture of acknowledgement for holding the cash of your best customers for six months or more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...on-ticket-rant

Number their looking at is 1%...So 1$ for a year for a 100$ ticket..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read