Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-13-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Talking First news of Madden 06

I hope this new feature doesn't make the game to hard, still looks great tho!
Old 04-13-2005   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

nice but i really didnt see that much of a difference between McNabb and Vicks vision. Whats all about the x button on ps2 only being sprint now?
Old 04-13-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

To be honest, that sounds pretty stupid. If they want to implement a feature like that, they should take away the hovering buttons over a players head and just make the QB focus on a single target.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
nice but i really didnt see that much of a difference between McNabb and Vicks vision. Whats all about the x button on ps2 only being sprint now?
You didn't notice how much narrower Vick's vision was? McNabbs covered like 1/4 of the field where as Vick's was more like 1/8th of the field.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I guess its safe to say that the cover boy will most likely be a QB with good vision. Hope its Manning he'll either break a leg or get herpes and then the Texans can take the AFC South.
Old 04-13-2005   #6
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

Ok. I feel a little better for seeing that, too. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just hoping I can translate my dominance in EXPN NFL 2K5 to Madden 2006.
Old 04-13-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems pretty stupid to me...Hopefully there's an option to turn it off...
Old 04-13-2005   #8
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

...The gameplay is always great, but I've been waiting for the graphics to improve for years...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

And the NFL awarded these guys the exclusive license? Unless there is even more improvement to the game, i'll just hope for 2K5 content downloads from X-Box live.
Old 04-13-2005   #10
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they implement the feature well. Supposedly, if you lock on to a receiver the defense will get a slight incease in awareness. However, if you look-off the defense by locking on to one receiver then switching and throwing to another, the D will get a slight decrease.

Also, once the receivers complete their routes, their icons disappear--except the icons over receivers in your field of vision.

I like the idea. I hope it makes the total game better and doesn't imbalance gameplay (like the super linebackers did last year). Since EA decided to cut the foundation from under the competition, it's not like I have options for playing video football this fall.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #11
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
...The gameplay is always great, but I've been waiting for the graphics to improve for years...
Yeah... I really hope both the graphics and physics get redone in the next generation.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #12
Rosusu
All Pro

I just got Madden 05 I am not ready for 06 yet!
Old 04-13-2005   #13
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

This game looks exactly like last year's game

Just another Madden game with updated rosters
Old 04-14-2005   #14
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

It looks like they've finally included some head tracking for the receivers and CB's, so they watch the ball when they're running to catch it, instead of using their psychic powers to find it.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive never liked Madden. And 06 looks just like 05, and 04. I hope they enjoy their monopoly.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #16
canadiantexan
Veteran

I'll reserve judgment until I play it. Glad to here the WR/CB players now track the ball with their head.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

How about ESPN 2k6, any news?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
How about ESPN 2k6, any news?
EA essientially has a stranglehold on the NFL games now. From my understanding they've got the only official license to produce games for the NFL. Also I think they purchased or bought out the ESPN 2k.. franchise so they'll be able to use ESPN styled presentation in their games.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #19
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

My understanding is that Madden has exclusive rights to official NFL trademarks or whatever. Also, when ESPN's current contract expires next year, EA will begin a deal with ESPN that will allow them to use ESPN's likeness and media in their games. That means Madden 2007 will probably include new ESPN presentation as well as the next-gen graphics. My suspicion is that 2006 will show even less improvement than in years before, they're probably working (and have been for some time) on making a knockout 2007 for the next-gen consoles that will really blow away any competition. It's early, but I'm really disappointed with the graphics in those SS's. It looks almost identical to '05.

Since EA has the rights to the NFL's content, sega's ESPN line of NFL games can no longer use any of the teams or players in the NFL. They can still make a football game, potentially even with retired NFL players as far as I know, and they very well could be developing a football game, it just won't be an NFL game.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #20
Dionysus22
Veteran

Don't really play Madden anymore. I'm all about NCAA Football. I like the fact I won't have the same team for like ten years if I wanted. I know free agency helps prevent SOME of it but in NCAA you know you're players are gone in four years. Or if they're really good, they leave early. But I do enjoy a good Vick/McNabb match-up.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read