Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2011   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top WR rankings......

As if we needed another Smithiak sucks, Wade wont save us, KJ is horrible, and who are we going to draft thread, I came across this as I was cruising the web.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-nfl-receivers

Of course its not a shocker here but great to see nonetheless. Plus Im tired of hearing the same ol' S---.

Enjoy.

Old 03-08-2011   #2
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top WR rankings......

the guys that said Dre is 6 IMO are idiots. I could see 2 3 or even 4 behind Fitz White and Calvin but i think overall they got it right. Dre is the best WR in the NFL
Old 03-08-2011   #3
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

The guys who ranked AJ 6th should be drawn and quartered.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
As if we needed another Smithiak sucks, Wade wont save us, KJ is horrible, and who are we going to draft thread, I came across this as I was cruising the web.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-nfl-receivers

Of course its not a shocker here but great to see nonetheless. Plus Im tired of hearing the same ol' S---.

Enjoy.

Quote:
"I’ve got nothing against Johnson," said Yasinskas, who joined AFC West blogger Bill Williamson in ranking the Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White first overall. "In fact, if I had to go out and start a team from scratch, he’d get very strong consideration to be one of my wide receivers. But the reason I went with White was because I went off statistics and I went off success of teams when I filled out my ballot. Sorry, but another mediocre Houston season really didn’t excite me."
WOW!!! That's pretty poor reasoning...... because AJ has an effect on Defense or Special Teams!!!

While I am a homer in a lot of regards, AJ IS the best reciever in the game today... There are some close and arguable, but he is currently the best....
Old 03-08-2011   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a tool. If he "went of statistics", he would have seen that even thought AJ's numbers were down due to some missed games, he still lead the NFL in receiving yards per game. That's the one fair stat no matter how many games you play
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The guys that had AJ 6th are Losing Trolls, they are definately not winning!!!!

Roddy White is a solid WR, but 1st, really.......

A couple of decent seasons and he's (Roddy) 1st really, when he puts 1,000 yards with a high ankle sprain for more then half the season give me a call until then get a clue!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ............... "Winning!"
Old 03-08-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

if they are going off of team success and not player ability they should rename the article "Best WR on a winning team". The texans have had 1 winning season and still look at the career numbers AJ has put up. These are the kinda guys who think America is still a democracy
Old 03-09-2011   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Greg Jennings is ranked far too low. He puts the team on his back doe, and he does it for Madden. How he got past Darren Shawper, one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league, was legendary.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if the reasoning isn't readable I think the results mostly reflect reality. AJ is arguably the best receiver in the game currently. I'd say it's been this way for the last 3 or 4 years.
Old 03-09-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I’ve got nothing against Johnson," said Yasinskas, who joined AFC West blogger Bill Williamson in ranking the Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White first overall. "In fact, if I had to go out and start a team from scratch, he’d get very strong consideration to be one of my wide receivers. But the reason I went with White was because I went off statistics and I went off success of teams when I filled out my ballot. Sorry, but another mediocre Houston season really didn’t excite me."
FYI, this guy's reasoning lead him to rank Brandon Lloyd as #2. Cause Denver accomplished SOOOO much last year....
Old 03-09-2011   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WOW!!! That's pretty poor reasoning...... because AJ has an effect on Defense or Special Teams!!!

While I am a homer in a lot of regards, AJ IS the best reciever in the game today... There are some close and arguable, but he is currently the best....
And yet he puts Brandon Lloyd second? I don't get it
Old 03-10-2011   #13
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
And yet he puts Brandon Lloyd second? I don't get it
Yeah I don't get that one either. But I would totally take Dwayne Bowe over AJ.

Old 03-10-2011   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

How does anyone put Fitzgerald at 9?
Old 03-13-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

KS & PY are idiots.

Nobody touches AJ.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

It gets better:

"White’s numbers and Atlanta’s success speak for themselves, but White made perhaps the play of the season when he chased down San Francisco’s Nate Clements on an interception return and stripped the ball. That led to Atlanta’s victory. How many other wide receivers can win a game for you when they’re playing defense?"

So White is the best receiver in the league because of a tackle? And if you want game changing plays, how does a 34-yard TD catch on 4th and 10 with 1 minute left to tie the game sound?
Old 03-13-2011   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
So White is the best receiver in the league because of a tackle? And if you want game changing plays, how does a 34-yard TD catch on 4th and 10 with 1 minute left to tie the game sound?
Addenum: how he gonna call White's tackle a play of the year candidate when Desean's game-winning punt return curb stomps all over it?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read