Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2011   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 65396 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans’ Kareem Jackson Tweets Cockfighting Photos

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/...-dumb/#photo-1

Word is Jackson fell down so the c0ck won....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans’ Kareem Jackson Tweets Cockfighting Photos

I don't really see an issue with it, but I'm sure Goodell will make one of it. The Michael Vick thing occurred in America where it is illegal to have dog fights, this occured in the Dominican Republic.
Old 03-08-2011   #3
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate that players can't have their own opinions. He was on vacation . The writer should go jump off a cliff.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I hate that players can't have their own opinions. He was on vacation . The writer should go jump off a cliff.
Having your own opinion is fine. Publicly tweeting it is something else. As one of many faces of a multi-billion dollar corporation, I'm betting his employer has a few words with him. That goes for any walk of life. If a sr. accounting director of some giant Wall St. firm started tweeting about how cool it was you're allowed to embezzle in Somalia or wherever, I'm betting his employers would have a word or two with him.
Old 03-08-2011   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I'm w/ the guys on 610 regarding this. If he wanted to go see it, fine...BUT he didn't need to tweet it, much less a photo. He's still a member fo the NFL and subject to scrutiny for his off-field behavior.
Old 03-08-2011   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that's a pretty dumb thing to do...

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #7
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Having your own opinion is fine. Publicly tweeting it is something else. As one of many faces of a multi-billion dollar corporation, I'm betting his employer has a few words with him. That goes for any walk of life. If a sr. accounting director of some giant Wall St. firm started tweeting about how cool it was you're allowed to embezzle in Somalia or wherever, I'm betting his employers would have a word or two with him.
I see where your coming from , but I just think that article was meant for readers to automatically form a negative opinion . I hate these types of articles. With all that said I do understand your point of view.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2011   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

"He is a good kid that made a mistake. We'll sit down and have a talk and discuss the things he needs to do in order be a professional. It's on me that he went to see the **** fight."

--Gary Kubiak in the Future
Old 03-08-2011   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

What an *****.
Old 03-08-2011   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the first comment on there.

Why is bullfighting considered something you can publically talk about and take pictures of, but cockfighting is not? Neither bulls or roosters are really "pets" and so don't have the stigma that dogs do.

At the same time, this is a pretty stupid move on KJax's part.

Although, given the text that accompanied the pictures, Im not sure "brilliant" was a word I would have used to describe him

Quote:
“Look at all these people that be at these chicken fights, you would think its a college football game.”
Old 03-08-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.

The guy's not too bright. Public Perception FAIL.

How long before franchises hire a person to be a full-time employee who coaches and monitors players' social media offerings? The day is coming soon.

If you want to get a job in the NFL, and you're right out of college, go and present yourself to an NFL team and tell them you want to get paid to monitor and coach the players on social media do's and dont's.

I think there's going to be a market for that sort of service. Your job is to hold an orientation every year, and to Big Brother the players' messages. All the owner has to do is put verbiage in the players' contracts that states they will abide by the conduct set forth for social media and they will allow the Social Media Czar to monitor and coach them/guide them on what to do and what not to do.
Old 03-08-2011   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 125849 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Either I'm conflicted or I'm a hypocrite or both. I hate dog fights and bull fighting, but I'm indiffrent about cockfighting. I think it was a dumb move to tweet a pic. Too bad too many people feel the uncontrollable need to share too much by tweeting, facebooking and all the other forums. They have turned the world into a planet of gossiping school girls.
Old 03-08-2011   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Either I'm conflicted or I'm a hypocrite or both. I hate dog fights and bull fighting, but I'm indiffrent about cockfighting. I think it was a dumb move to tweet a pic. Too bad too many people feel the uncontrollable need to share too much by tweeting, facebooking and all the other forums. They have turned the world into a planet of gossiping school girls.
Perfect assessment. Rep.
Old 03-08-2011   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares
Old 03-08-2011   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL.

The guy's not too bright. Public Perception FAIL.

How long before franchises hire a person to be a full-time employee who coaches and monitors players' social media offerings? The day is coming soon.

If you want to get a job in the NFL, and you're right out of college, go and present yourself to an NFL team and tell them you want to get paid to monitor and coach the players on social media do's and dont's.

I think there's going to be a market for that sort of service. Your job is to hold an orientation every year, and to Big Brother the players' messages. All the owner has to do is put verbiage in the players' contracts that states they will abide by the conduct set forth for social media and they will allow the Social Media Czar to monitor and coach them/guide them on what to do and what not to do.
Agreed GP.... I think this would fall under the Player Development umbrella of NFL franchises... something that will definitely be getting more attention to in the future.
Old 03-08-2011   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm w/ the guys on 610 regarding this. If he wanted to go see it, fine...BUT he didn't need to tweet it, much less a photo. He's still a member fo the NFL and subject to scrutiny for his off-field behavior.
Give the boy a break. He's not a complete *****. He just has some pieces missing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see anything wrong with it. He didn't actually tweet pics of the fights, just the crowds.
Old 03-08-2011   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it. He didn't actually tweet pics of the fights, just the crowds.
True, it's not like he pulled a Favre and tweeted pics of his own C***.
Old 03-08-2011   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
True, it's not like he pulled a Favre and tweeted pics of his own C***.
Old 03-08-2011   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, but Jackson doesn't and shouldn't get a pass here. If he wasn't smart enough to learn from what happened with Michael Vick than I don't know if he's just brain dead or slow. Advertising something like this could easily end up all over ESPN and be all over the news where he's forced to issue out apologies and everything. If he wanted to go watch it, that's sort of sad but if so he was really stupid for twitting or tweeting it however you say it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read