Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-13-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Jaguars/Weaver Upset

Weaver Dissapointed Link

Quote:
Wayne Weaver didn't get the Monday night game he wanted and the schedule the NFL presented to the Jaguars on Wednesday includes only one prime-time, nationally-televised game, against visiting Cincinnati on Sunday, Oct. 9.

“I am extremely disappointed in our schedule. As a small-market team struggling to fill our stadium, and as a team on the rise, we felt we deserved consideration for a Monday night game,” Weaver said in a statement released by the team on Wednesday afternoon.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Wow that's a travesty. I feel sooooooo sorry for them.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Awww poor Jag-off...Even with a Monday game they wouldn't fill the stadium...
Old 04-13-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

They are upset on their boards that we got two games, and they only got one. Although, you can't blame them for being upset...they did post a 9-7 mark last year which is almost a guarantee for you to get a game. But by not filling the stands (Texans game Dec. 26th as they are pushing for a playoff spot) is what probably was the ultimate killer.
Old 04-13-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really torn when it comes to MNF. On the one hand I want to see the Texans get to play on the big stage and frankly, I don't consider getting an ESPN Sunday night game to be anywhere close to the same thing. I'd trade both of our Sundays for the Jags MNF game.

On the other hand as much as I like watching the Texans play in prime time I hate not having them on TV at their usual time on Sunday. It throws my whole day off.

Oh well, guess I can't have everything.
Old 04-13-2005   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wayne answer his own question...

Quote:
“I am extremely disappointed in our schedule. As a small-market team struggling to fill our stadium, and as a team on the rise, we felt we deserved consideration for a Monday night game,” Weaver said in a statement released by the team on Wednesday afternoon.
Old 04-13-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would bet they would sell out a MNF game. They did get robbed.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would bet they would sell out a MNF game. They did get robbed.
I doubt it, with all of those seats they covered last year I still don't think they got a sellout game.
Old 04-13-2005   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if I will be able to enjoy any Texan games this season knowing the Jaguar fans and the owner are unhappy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I don't know if I will be able to enjoy any Texan games this season knowing the Jaguar fans and the owner are unhappy.
I've got the beer to cry in if you need it.

If you fill the stadium, the prime time games will come.... or something like that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
...I don't consider getting an ESPN Sunday night game to be anywhere close to the same thing. I'd trade both of our Sundays for the Jags MNF game.
The Jags didn't get a MNF game. They got 1 Sunday ESPN game, on Oct. 9 vs. Cincinnati Bengals. I'm not missing Law & Order: Criminal Intent for that.
Old 04-13-2005   #12
jags98
Veteran

As a Jags fan I am disappointed that we did not get a Monday Night game, but its done and over with and all the Jags can do now is just win. I am surprised that Jags dont have a primetime game at Heinz field against the Steelers because last season ithad the highest rated Sunday Night game.

9 more days until the real fun begins....
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #13
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
As a Jags fan I am disappointed that we did not get a Monday Night game, but its done and over with and all the Jags can do now is just win. I am surprised that Jags dont have a primetime game at Heinz field against the Steelers because last season ithad the highest rated Sunday Night game.

9 more days until the real fun begins....
Do you think getting swept and shut out by the Texans was the major reason you did not get a MNF game. We did keep you out of the playoffs with that win.
P.S. not trying to bring up old wounds just wondering what you thought.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #14
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
But by not filling the stands (Texans game Dec. 26th as they are pushing for a playoff spot) is what probably was the ultimate killer.
That is what was the main reason IMO.
Old 04-13-2005   #15
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Do you think getting swept and shut out by the Texans was the major reason you did not get a MNF game. We did keep you out of the playoffs with that win.
P.S. not trying to bring up old wounds just wondering what you thought.
I believe that and the Jags having to cover the seats because of our small market. That point that gets me is some other teams getting primetime spots before the Jags despite their bad record.

and what 84 said...
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the general rule was MNF were for playoff teams from the previous season (Cowpokes not withstanding)?

If that's the case, it makes sense.

The ESPN games, though...kinda' strange the Texans got two and the Jags only one. I'd like to think it's about respect, but it's probably more to do with market size and ability to fill seats.
Old 04-13-2005   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a post, complete with Santa Texans robbing the Jags of a second season win and sending them home to lumps of coal under their tree on Xmas eve...and teasing them over having one ESPN game and us getting 2. But I deleted it. I started feeling kinda sorry for them.
See, I can be feline sensitive too. Mighty hard to not hit POST. It was quite a great post IMO. :woot

I blame Joe Texan for this aggression.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005   #18
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
I believe that and the Jags having to cover the seats because of our small market. That point that gets me is some other teams getting primetime spots before the Jags despite their bad record.

and what 84 said...
I feel the same way about the bad teams in the monday nighters.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #19
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

I don't care how many National games we get. What really matters is that you win the games!
Old 04-14-2005   #20
outofhnd
All Pro

It wasn't because we swept them. Houston and Dallas have a lot of pull with the owners.

Second i think they go by points scored, They want games to be somewhat of an offensive outing and I think the jags despite their record was one of the lowest scoring teams.

It was political though more than it was about records

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read