Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-05-2011   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What's going on with Asomugha?

Has anyone heard what the heck is going on with Nnamdi? The most coveted FA this year, and I can't find anything on visits or anything like that.

I've ready speculation on who will pursue him, but that's it.

Pay the man Rick!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's going on with Asomugha?

free agency doesn't begin until the new CBA. Only players that have been cut from teams with years left under contract could be signed this past week.
Old 03-05-2011   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
free agency doesn't begin until the new CBA. Only players that have been cut from teams with years left under contract could be signed this past week.
This. Essentially he is not allowed to officially talk to or visit suitors until a new CBA is reached.
Old 03-05-2011   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone really think the Texans will sign this guy? When have they ever done ANYTHING the fans wanted or felt they needed to do?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Does anyone really think the Texans will sign this guy? When have they ever done ANYTHING the fans wanted or felt they needed to do?
No, we will build through the draft.

We will move our best CB to FS and stunt his growth as an NFL player, and ultimately open the door for his premature exit out of the league.

We will once again draft CB's in the 4th and 5th round and expect them to start.

We will look to older, cheaper, stop measure safeties and CB's for "Veteran leadership".

We will once again finish in the bottom 3 in pass defense.

We will have no less than 50 threads throughout the season of random people starting the "What if we had Aso?" Thread.

Due to the heavy thread volume a mod will start the "All encompassing Aso thread."

I will once again finish another Texans season falling a six pack short of all out liver failure. (Yes my organs are praying for a lock out.)

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Listening to some sports talk radio show they mentioned he wanted to go to Philly, don't know if this is true or not. However, what FA who wants to go to a championship contender would even consider us?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Listening to some sports talk radio show they mentioned he wanted to go to Philly, don't know if this is true or not. However, what FA who wants to go to a championship contender would even consider us?
Yeah this is the NFL...not the NBA.

$$$$$$$$$ >>>>>>>>>>>> that "playing with your friends" shit.

He'll go to the highest bidder, period.
Old 03-05-2011   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not only do I not think we'll sign him, I don't think we'll even field a phone call to him.
Old 03-05-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Nnamdi can go to any team he wants.

If he wants money, he'll go to Washington because Dan Snyder will outbid anyone else in the league.

If he wants to win a SB, he'll go to New England.

If he wants to form the best CB tandem in history, he'll go to the Jets.

If he wants to stay in California and really piss off the Raiders, he'll go to the Chargers.

If he wants to show how great he is by helping to turn around the worst pass defense (almost) in history, then he'll come here.

I'd love to have him but I don't expect him to want to come here. If we seriously go after him, I'll be surprised. So he's not even on my list of expectations.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We will have no less than 50 threads throughout the season of random people starting the "What if we had Aso?" Thread.
If there are 50 threads on anything, there's a good chance 49 will be started by srrono.

I wouldn't discount Dallas out of the Nnamdi equation. I would rank the favorites as:

1) Washington - Money is there and Asomugha may have political asperations.
2) Dallas - Would fill a positional need as well as create positive buzz for Jerry.
3) Oakland - Al Davis is crazy enough to give Nnamdi an even bigger contract.
Old 03-05-2011   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Not only do I not think we'll sign him, I don't think we'll even field a phone call to him.
That's the saddest part of all about this team. You are 100 percent correct.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If there are 50 threads on anything, there's a good chance 49 will be started by srrono.
I wouldn't discount Dallas out of the Nnamdi equation. I would rank the favorites as:

2) Dallas - Would fill a positional need as well as create positive buzz for Jerry.
That's the first thing I thought when I read TexanRed's post.

rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Strongly disagree with your three. He wants to win. He knows he will get paid.

1) New England. A perennial playoff/Superbowl contender with a solid Defense
2) Philadelphia. A solid playoff contender.
3) Pitt: upgrade from Ike Taylor to Aso.
4) Baltimore. One last Defensive push or two before a bit of a retooling
5. Indy: any team with Peyton is a playoff contender. Aso takes away half the field when throwing instantly upgrading their D.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #14
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Asomugha may have political asperations.
Really? In what way? How do you know this?
Old 03-06-2011   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Strongly disagree with your three. He wants to win. He knows he will get paid.

1) New England. A perennial playoff/Superbowl contender with a solid Defense(Get Bodden back & they have pretty good young CBs)
2) Philadelphia. A solid playoff contender. (They have big bucks invested in Samuel already, more likely to look for help in draft)
3) Pitt: upgrade from Ike Taylor to Aso. (When have the Steelers ever spent big $$$ in free agency?)
4) Baltimore. One last Defensive push or two before a bit of a retooling (That's possible, though I can't remember the Ravens going wild in free agency)
5. Indy: any team with Peyton is a playoff contender. Aso takes away half the field when throwing instantly upgrading their D.(When have the Colts ever spent big $$$ in free agency?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Really? In what way? How do you know this?
Asomugha is a spokesman for several charities and foundations (see the Clinton Global Initiative) and is known for his community work. Of course Nnamdi may chhose the go the oft-traveled route of broadcaster, as many ex-athletes have done. He just seems like a guy who is positioning himself for more.

Old 03-06-2011   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow hating much I did not start this thread. IF you dont like me posting threads then drop me from forums I'll find another forum.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Asomugha is a spokesman for several charities and foundations (see the Clinton Global Initiative) and is known for his community work. Of course Nnamdi may chhose the go the oft-traveled route of broadcaster, as many ex-athletes have done. He just seems like a guy who is positioning himself for more.
Oh, ok. I'm a policy guy, so I'm always interested when my two worlds can overlap like that. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2011   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Wow hating much I did not start this thread. IF you dont like me posting threads then drop me from forums I'll find another forum.
Nobody is suggesting you leave but please look around to make sure there is not already a thread on a topic before starting a new one.
Old 03-06-2011   #20
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
IF you dont like me posting threads then drop me from forums I'll find another forum.
You have started 38 threads* in 2 months time. I don't know if that's a record. But, it's gotta be close. In contrast, I have started 91 threads in 84 months. And I post a lot.

There are over 4000 members of this forum. If only half of the posters started threads, and these 2000 started threads at half the rate you do, we would have over 600 new threads a day. Think about that. And while you're at it, think about reading discussions that have already begun and seeing if your point of view fits into that discussion.

No one "hates" you. It's just that some of us tire of merging your threads.

* Does not include threads that have been merged

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read